PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee just praised Israel's conscription system (draft)

cindy25
03-01-2014, 07:09 PM
he did not call for a draft in the USA but he came very close.

His show is replayed many times over the next day so watch his opening monolog

Miss Annie
03-01-2014, 08:34 PM
I am not worried about him at all! He has proved himself to be a huge RINO...... and he hates that term so much he wanted to outlaw it! LOL

enhanced_deficit
03-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Granted Huckaboo is a Christian Zionist, does he know that these "conscripts" will be defending a US tax payers funded holy land that will be offering free abortions to all women age 20-30 from next year?

Besides, their conscripts are a fail for most part.

http://shabestan.net/files/en/news/2013/1/5/43793_160.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=0r_joe_W8iIt6M&tbnid=_C-QntMk0V9vyM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshabestan.net%2Fen%2Fpages%2F%3Fc id%3D19666&ei=pTIRU9WOHYfs0QHY9YHQDQ&bvm=bv.62286460,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNEqHCj8PvNzd5GzwqpkTGORrJd7Nw&ust=1393722369664867)

Conscripts fail link (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430895-Cory-Booker-equates-Israel-to-dream-of-MLK&)

DamianTV
03-01-2014, 08:57 PM
The intent is to control who dies on BOTH sides of the Chessboard. The Poor and Disobedient are the ones that end up losing their lives.

When viewed objectively, sending a "Pawn" to war that will likely result in that "Pawn" losing thier life is referred to as "Sacrifice" when they are on the same team. But replacing the word "Sacrifice" with "Forced Death" or "Murder" changes the publics interpretation of the situation. In this situation, a Dehumanizing term of "Draft" is used to disassociate "Murder" or "Forced Death" from the severity of the consequences of requiring people to die. It also does reflect a great deal about Huckabees character. He does appear to believe that people are "Disposable" regardless of what side of the chessboard they are on.

Dianne
03-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Fuke Huckabee... who gives a chit what he says ... except FAUX News ..

NIU Students for Liberty
03-01-2014, 10:30 PM
And his supporters would care why exactly? These are the same people that would like to reinstate the draft in the U.S.

Anti Federalist
03-01-2014, 10:35 PM
And look who is leading in Iowa right now for the 2016 GOP nomination...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/hillary-clinton-mike-huckabee-iowa-poll-2016-election-104041.html

Huckabee leads the Republican primary field in a Public Policy Polling poll out Thursday. The former governor and radio and television personality got 17 percent of the Republican primary vote, leading a top five of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, at 14 percent; former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, at 13 percent; and Gov. Chris Christie and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, at 10 percent each.

...never underestimate the staying power of the "stupid" in the Stupid Party.

oyarde
03-01-2014, 10:38 PM

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/hillary-clinton-mike-huckabee-iowa-poll-2016-election-104041.html

Huckabee leads the Republican primary field in a Public Policy Polling poll out Thursday. The former governor and radio and television personality got 17 percent of the Republican primary vote, leading a top five of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, at 14 percent; former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, at 13 percent; and Gov. Chris Christie and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, at 10 percent each.

How do Jeb & Christie get double digit #'s in Iowa ?

heavenlyboy34
03-01-2014, 10:57 PM

And here I thought it was the Evil Party...they're rather indistinguishable sometimes...

Brian4Liberty
03-01-2014, 11:39 PM

There was a time when the Catholic church was perverted for evil purposes. Today, it's people like Huckabee who have fallen.

heavenlyboy34
03-01-2014, 11:53 PM
The intent is to control who dies on BOTH sides of the Chessboard. The Poor and Disobedient are the ones that end up losing their lives.

When viewed objectively, sending a "Pawn" to war that will likely result in that "Pawn" losing thier life is referred to as "Sacrifice" when they are on the same team. But replacing the word "Sacrifice" with "Forced Death" or "Murder" changes the publics interpretation of the situation. In this situation, a Dehumanizing term of "Draft" is used to disassociate "Murder" or "Forced Death" from the severity of the consequences of requiring people to die. It also does reflect a great deal about Huckabees character. He does appear to believe that people are "Disposable" regardless of what side of the chessboard they are on.
This is the essence of Newspeak. The nature of political language/propaganda is sadly mostly misunderstood by Boobus.

unknown
03-02-2014, 01:39 AM
TBH, this doesnt really come as a surprise.

Huckabee is a typical big government "conservative" and a neocon.

Hes not the only one.

There are plenty of neocons who embrace the war-fare state.

Schifference
03-03-2014, 12:56 PM
This hits the nail squarely on the head!

Mini-Me
03-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Statists gonna state. Mike Huckabee is almost always wrong about everything, and even on the occasions when he's right, he's never completely right, just in partial agreement. This is one of those areas where he's just wrong. The only people who should be drafted are politicians and government officials who support the draft.

bunklocoempire
03-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Like a bad accident I paused at FOX and watched this monologue. Sometimes you just have to watch and listen to be reminded of how bad the lies really are. Like an ammonia capsule.

Fear and false pride, fear and false pride. That tub of goo supposedly not of this world and big on Godly attributes apparently considers a message of fear and false pride necessary to survive in this big bad world. Pure evil.:mad:

Zippyjuan
03-03-2014, 05:58 PM
One potential benefit to having a draft and requiring everyone to participate (even women are required in Israel) is that it makes wars less likely. How? More people have skin in the game if there is a potential war. If you think it won't be your sons and daughters or yourself and your friends, you will be less likely to protest against any actions. Why were there protests against the Vietnam War but not against Iraq and Afghanistan? The draft. People were afraid that they or their loved ones would be sent over. With a voluntary military the attitude is more "well, the soldiers knew going in what they were signing up for and I don't have to go so I'm not going to worry about it."

Mini-Me
03-03-2014, 08:21 PM
One potential benefit to having a draft and requiring everyone to participate (even women are required in Israel) is that it makes wars less likely. How? More people have skin in the game if there is a potential war. If you think it won't be your sons and daughters or yourself and your friends, you will be less likely to protest against any actions. Why were there protests against the Vietnam War but not against Iraq and Afghanistan? The draft. People were afraid that they or their loved ones would be sent over. With a voluntary military the attitude is more "well, the soldiers knew going in what they were signing up for and I don't have to go so I'm not going to worry about it."

That's all well and good if free will means nothing to you and you're willing to let the government own your kids' lives and decide when they live or die in exchange for the potential utilitarian benefits of the general populace requiring a little more jingoistic propaganda before they start cheering about war.

NIU Students for Liberty
03-03-2014, 08:54 PM

People protested conscription during the Civil War and Vietnam and yet those wars still carried on. And then you had wars like WW2 where a draft was in place but any form of anti-war protest was pretty much unheard of. No human being deserved to experience that war (or any war for that matter), regardless of their blind nationalism.

enhanced_deficit
03-08-2014, 11:32 AM

How many wars/invasions/blowbacks they have had with current draft (that applies to all except few special groups) since achieving liberation from foreign occupation?

In other news:

‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem

Allison Deger (http://mondoweiss.net/author/allison-deger) on March 6, 2014 109 (http://mondoweiss.net/2014/03/netanyahu-orthodox-jerusalem.html#comments)

Over 300,000 ultra-Orthodox Israelis hold a prayer protest in central Jerusalem against a military draft bill, March 2, 2014. (Photo: Allison Deger)

They arrived by bus and despite their youth they were veterans of demonstrations honoring the rabbi’s of the extreme-right and protesting negotiations with the Palestinian leadership. But last Sunday their focus was on a Knesset bill to draft Israel’s ultra-Orthodox into the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) (http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Shaked-Committee-approves-haredi-enlistment-bill-for-final-stages-344448). Over 300,000 heeded the calls amplified on religious talk radio and shut down central Jerusalem with a tearful and gender segregated prayer protest.

“Lapid is dead.” “Lapid, he’s a Nazi.” “Lapid wants to die fast, from the heavens God sees everything,” said a group of teenage ultra-Orthodox (also called Haredim) girls from the Tel Aviv area. They likened Israeli Finance Minister Yair Lapid, the main backer of the compulsorily conscription legislation, to the assassinated Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, suggesting he would meet a similar fate. In the past week Lapid has taken the brunt of Haredi discontent against the military service measure, and even received a death threat days before the march.

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/03/netanyahu-orthodox-jerusalem.html

LibertyEagle
03-08-2014, 11:40 AM

His show is replayed many times over the next day so watch his opening monolog

Now, don't ask me why I was watching his show, because I think this was the first time I ever did, but last week I heard him talking about it and yes, he did say that if it took drafting all of America's children, then that is what needed to be done.

Christian Liberty
03-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Now, don't ask me why I was watching his show, because I think this was the first time I ever did, but last week I heard him talking about it and yes, he did say that if it took drafting all of America's children, then that is what needed to be done.

Can you provide a link?

kahless
03-08-2014, 11:51 AM
It is actually a brilliant work of propaganda that Foxnews and Huckabee have perpetuated on the average folks. He comes off as a sweet older fatherly pastor with a down to earth show combined with country music. He even breaks out the guitar and plays a bit.

If he was killing puppies and kittens in his spare time the average viewer of that show would not believe it. It is kind of the same as O'Reilly being falsely perceived as this hard core Conservative which consistently makes him the #1 news show in all of cable.

Nothing ever changes, the average folks will not let facts get in the way of judging based on perception of presentation, looks and personality.

LibertyEagle
03-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Granted Huckaboo is a Christian Zionist, does he know that these "conscripts" will be defending a US tax payers funded holy land that will be offering free abortions to all women age 20-30 from next year?

Besides, their conscripts are a fail for most part.

http://shabestan.net/files/en/news/2013/1/5/43793_160.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=0r_joe_W8iIt6M&tbnid=_C-QntMk0V9vyM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshabestan.net%2Fen%2Fpages%2F%3Fc id%3D19666&ei=pTIRU9WOHYfs0QHY9YHQDQ&bvm=bv.62286460,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNEqHCj8PvNzd5GzwqpkTGORrJd7Nw&ust=1393722369664867)

Conscripts fail link (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430895-Cory-Booker-equates-Israel-to-dream-of-MLK&)

Your Christian Zionist BS has gotten really old. Just because a Christian wants Israel to exist as a country does not make them evil.

LibertyEagle
03-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Can you provide a link?

Did you read where I said I was watching it on television?

Christian Liberty
03-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Your Christian Zionist BS has gotten really old. Just because a Christian wants Israel to exist as a country does not make them evil.

Those that want Israel to exist for theological reasons really need to be taught the errors in dispensationalism.

Practical reasons, on the other hand, I don't really care as long as they oppose coercion, which unfortunately is rarely the case. I've met relatively few Christians who do not support coercion for some reason or another.

Did you read where I said I was watching it on television?

Sorry, I wondered if maybe it got youtubed or something. I believe you, of course, but I'd love to have something to use against the warmongers who support this "pastor."

LibertyEagle
03-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Those that want Israel to exist for theological reasons really need to be taught the errors in dispensationalism.
You have a different opinion on the matter. It doesn't make yours the correct one. Also, if you approach people like you are talking here, like you are the one "in the know", you are going to really piss them off and they aren't going to listen to a thing you have to say.

Practical reasons, on the other hand, I don't really care as long as they oppose coercion, which unfortunately is rarely the case. I've met relatively few Christians who do not support coercion for some reason or another.

You should get out more.

Sorry, I wondered if maybe it got youtubed or something. I believe you, of course, but I'd love to have something to use against the warmongers who support this "pastor."

I understand. I would imagine it's in an article somewhere, or perhaps they have transcripts of the show.

Christian Liberty
03-08-2014, 12:14 PM
You have a different opinion on the matter. It doesn't make yours the correct one. Also, if you approach people like you are talking here, like you are the one "in the know", you are going to really piss them off and they aren't going to listen to a thing you have to say.

Genesis 12:3 (The verse that I most commonly hear for this idea) was talking about Abraham, not all of his descendants for all of history. If there are other verses with which I am not familiar, I'd be willing to see them.

You should get out more.

I know they exist, I've met a few, and there are several on these forums. But in general most Christians have been brainwashed into supporting statism.

I understand. I would imagine it's in an article somewhere, or perhaps they have transcripts of the show.

I'll have to look for it.

LibertyEagle
03-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I know they exist, I've met a few, and there are several on these forums. But in general most Christians have been brainwashed into supporting statism.

I'm guessing that you define statism as any government at all and you betcha, most Americans are not naive enough to want anarchy. That however doesn't mean they want a totalitarian government, either.

Tywysog Cymru
03-08-2014, 12:31 PM

Well, IIRC the Bible does predict the return of the Jews to the Promised Land. Now, I argue that if that is the case, God will take care of Israel regardless of what the US does. I don't support US aid to Israel, but I'm conflicted as to whether the formation of Israel was a good or bad idea. There are a lot of people in the Constitution Party who support Israel personally but don't want America to give it aid.

Christian Liberty
03-08-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm guessing that you define statism as any government at all and you betcha, most Americans are not naive enough to want anarchy. That however doesn't mean they want a totalitarian government, either.

Technically speaking, yes, if you support the existence of the State you would be a statist, by definition. On the other hand, if we're using the term as an insult I'd generally leave other pro-liberty people that aren't absolute anti-statists out of it. But, honestly, I know few Christians that want to legalize all drugs, and few that want a completely non-interventionist foreign policy, and most support some non-minimal degree of economic intervention. Now, that's just my personal experience, but if this wasn't true, Romney wouldn't have ever been the GOP nominee.

Well, IIRC the Bible does predict the return of the Jews to the Promised Land. Now, I argue that if that is the case, God will take care of Israel regardless of what the US does. I don't support US aid to Israel, but I'm conflicted as to whether the formation of Israel was a good or bad idea. There are a lot of people in the Constitution Party who support Israel personally but don't want America to give it aid.

I'm not sure here either, do you have a scripture?

LibertyEagle
03-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Technically speaking, yes, if you support the existence of the State you would be a statist, by definition.
That would be YOUR definition. It isn't mine.

On the other hand, if we're using the term as an insult I'd generally leave other pro-liberty people that aren't absolute anti-statists out of it. But, honestly, I know few Christians that want to legalize all drugs, and few that want a completely non-interventionist foreign policy, and most support some non-minimal degree of economic intervention. Now, that's just my personal experience, but if this wasn't true, Romney wouldn't have ever been the GOP nominee.

I disagree on a variety of levels. First, someone doesn't have to agree with you on every darn thing. Heck, very few of us on this forum agree on everything.. I also don't agree with what you said about Romney. The media made sure of that. Of course, Ron sticking his foot in his mouth a number of times didn't help either.

Tywysog Cymru
03-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure here either, do you have a scripture?

No, I was hoping you'd know something because you know theology a lot better than I do.

Cabal
03-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Statism describes an ideology that advocates the centralized monopolization of the legalized use of violence over a geographical region. So if you support this, then you are, by definition, a statist. Governments are not necessarily States (i.e. potential voluntary governance), but States are a form of government. Also, appeals to the majority do not make arguments valid. Moreover, appealing to a majority that has twice elected into presidential office a representative of an ideology that you consider wrong (or worse), and then using that same majority as a measure of non-naivete doesn't much help your argument either.

Dogsoldier
03-08-2014, 07:48 PM
When we have so many problems here, we shouldn't be giving anyone including Israel money.

DamianTV
03-08-2014, 07:57 PM
"Why dont Presidents fight the wars, why do they always send the Poor?"

dillo
03-08-2014, 08:09 PM
I support mandatory conscription, we wouldve never went to Iraq

Cabal
03-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I support mandatory conscription, we wouldve never went to Iraq

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu61/joat217/The%20Crap/215yc2.gif

Dogsoldier
03-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Trolls be everywhere...

dillo
03-08-2014, 08:44 PM
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu61/joat217/The%20Crap/215yc2.gif

The American people are a lot less likely to vote for some war if its going to be their kids dieing. And no deferrments for college, all the rich kids get to go too.

heavenlyboy34
03-08-2014, 09:07 PM
The American people are a lot less likely to vote for some war if its going to be their kids dieing. And no deferrments for college, all the rich kids get to go too.
Uhhh, no. Boobus ​has demonstrated many times that he doesn't mind his kids being used as canon fodder as long as there are parades, burial ceremonies, etc.

dillo
03-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Uhhh, no. Boobus ​has demonstrated many times that he doesn't mind his kids being used as canon fodder as long as there are parades, burial ceremonies, etc.

Vietnam certainly had more opposition than the Iraq War did. And that was when anyone in college avoided the draft.

HOLLYWOOD
03-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Vietnam certainly had more opposition than the Iraq War did. And that was when anyone in college avoided the draft.It didn't stop the Military Industrial Complex and Warhawks from killing 55,000 Americans as well as millions of others. The wealthy and connected will always weasel out of combat as well as the cowards inside the DC beltway.

And of course, most of the clowns inside the DC beltway and Capital Hill used their privileged connections to weasel out of serving in combat. Ask 5 deferment Dick Cheney, uh, let's see just a short list of some GOP Draft Dodgers: http://www.nndb.com/event/806/000140386/

Elliott Abrams - Sought deferment for bad back.
Richard Armey - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Bill Bennett - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Pat Buchanan - Sought deferment for bad knee.
George W. Bush - Daddy got him in the Texas National Guard and then he was missing for the last two years of his service.
Dick Cheney - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Tom DeLay - - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Newt Gingrich - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Phil Gramm - Sought marriage deferment, too loved to die.
Jack Kemp - Sought medical deferment while in the NFL.
Rush Limbaugh - Sought deferment for ingrown hair follicle on his ass.
Trent Lott - Sought deferment, didn't want to muss his hair.
P.J. O'Rourke - Sought deferment, too stoned.
Dan Quayle - Family got him into the Reserves.
Pat Robertson - Father pulled him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.
Kenneth Starr - Sought deferment for psoriasis.

Keith and stuff
03-08-2014, 10:23 PM

Interesting. Personally, I'm against human slavery but Huckabee isn't the 1st American to support slavery :(

ClydeCoulter
03-08-2014, 10:56 PM
I caught a bit of his (Huckabee) show tonight and wow, does he ever throw out the left/right paradigm propaganda in a smooth stream of blatant icing covered crap.

dillo
03-08-2014, 10:57 PM
It didn't stop the Military Industrial Complex and Warhawks from killing 55,000 Americans as well as millions of others. The wealthy and connected will always weasel out of combat as well as the cowards inside the DC beltway.

And of course, most of the clowns inside the DC beltway and Capital Hill used their privileged connections to weasel out of serving in combat. Ask 5 deferment Dick Cheney, uh, let's see just a short list of some GOP Draft Dodgers: http://www.nndb.com/event/806/000140386/

Elliott Abrams - Sought deferment for bad back.
Richard Armey - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Bill Bennett - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Pat Buchanan - Sought deferment for bad knee.
George W. Bush - Daddy got him in the Texas National Guard and then he was missing for the last two years of his service.
Dick Cheney - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Tom DeLay - - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Newt Gingrich - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Phil Gramm - Sought marriage deferment, too loved to die.
Jack Kemp - Sought medical deferment while in the NFL.
Rush Limbaugh - Sought deferment for ingrown hair follicle on his ass.
Trent Lott - Sought deferment, didn't want to muss his hair.
P.J. O'Rourke - Sought deferment, too stoned.
Dan Quayle - Family got him into the Reserves.
Pat Robertson - Father pulled him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.
Kenneth Starr - Sought deferment for psoriasis.

Yea its a big party and I'm certainly not in it. I wasn't alive for Vietnam, however from what I gather a lot of the population was against it. Drastically more so than our invasion of Iraq. I use the anecdotal evidence of my parents, both support W and HW and the invasions. I asked them a couple of weeks ago if they would have thought twice about it if me and my brother were the ones that had to go over there, they both said they wouldn't.

So in the end, the elites are almost never effected, but the middle class that can sit on the sidelines with nothing invested in these wars and cheer them on and justify them, these people would be most likely to change. People with just enough money to send their kids to college and hope they continue the progress of the family, these people might finally swing to the side of non-intervention.

Could be a pipedream though.

Voluntarist
03-08-2014, 10:58 PM
xxxxx

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-08-2014, 11:13 PM
... social unrest in the US in the sixties

It had very little to do with the draft - and was more a matter of the culture shift that the Reagan years brought about (Rambo hit the culture market in '82, did it not?)

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking the exact same thing. The sixties was all about a large contingent that was smart enough to see America's economic decline and the beginning of the end. Cracks in the façade made their appearance in the late fifties. A new generation started discussing it through media and it caught on in the early sixties. It was full blown by the late sixties.

The Iraq war came on the heels of the 1980s. The eighties was a decade of mass denial, especially regarding sixties revelations of our declining empire. The Iraq war was like a welcome catharsis for many. I remember talking with A LOT of people in the 1980s who absolutely refused to believe we lost Vietnam. These people licked their wounds in the 1970s (along with the rest of America). These people came back with a vengeance starting in 1980.

Cabal
03-08-2014, 11:22 PM
They basically just replaced conscription with patriotism. We're all about 'American Exceptionalism' and 'Honor the Troops' and 'Spreading Democracy' now. Media is filled with the 'heroism' of military soldiers. We're constantly reminded about how soldiers are 'fighting for our freedom'. Why force people to go to war and risk potential rebellion when you can indoctrinate and con them into murdering and dying for your special interests willingly? Plus it gives them more excuses to siphon more money into the military industrial complex--conscription is much cheaper, monetarily speaking.

Born on the 4th of July provides some good perspective on the Vietnam War, IMO.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-08-2014, 11:28 PM
They basically just replaced conscription with patriotism.

I agree. It was a shrewd move, following a burgeoning media (especially TV) that proved a force to be reckoned with. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a shrewd Nixon proposed the elimination of the draft. He was opposed at first, but eventually his idea stuck. The media was fully reigned in and co-opted in short order, becoming the lap dogs of oil companies galore.

Voluntarist
03-08-2014, 11:58 PM
xxxxx