PDA

View Full Version : PAC / Endorsement suggestions?

skfornh
02-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Since I will likely be running in a contested primary, I'd like to land any endorsements sooner rather than later.

Could you kindly offer suggestions for PACs that I should approach for endorsement? I might as well begin brainstorming now. I have started a list below. Some of these organizations may only endorse federal candidates, many of them are not registered PACs in New Hampshire [yet!]. Some of them require questionnaires to formally request an endorsement, in which case I may bounce my applications off you guys first, particularly if I have any questions (see future threads).

Secondly, and most importantly, if anyone has a leads with any PAC or organization you think might be interested, please let me know.

As a side, when would you suggest I apply for these for endorsements? Should I wait until I have at least launched my facebook page? State rep candidates in NH do not always have fb pages but I will be approaching national organizations that won't necessarily know that. I'd rather not wait until mid June when I officially file to run. I'd like to have endorsements on literature I'll be using to knock doors.

Also, Rand Paul is probably the only politician whose name would carry weight and that I would be proud to have endorsed me. If anyone has leads on how to pursue that, please let me know.
The list; feel free to offer suggestions:
America's Liberty PAC
Freedomworks
Gun Owners of America - questionnaire mailed
Human Action PAC - online form submitted
Liberty For All - online form submitted
Liberty PAC - e/mailed
NAGR - survey e/mailed
RAND PAC - e/mailed

Does not endorse state candidates:
Liberty Action Fund PAC
NSSF
Our America Initiative
Revolution PAC
YAL PAC (replaced by Liberty Action Fund PAC)

And to clarify, I will be relying strictly upon traditional campaign methods actually to win the race. If the primary is contested I will be taking three months off work unpaid to knock the ~1K doors. I’m not relying on any of said PACs for donations. The endorsements are primarily for the publicity.

There are a few state PACs that I have not listed here. I figured that no one here can tell me more about them than I already know.

jurgs01
03-21-2014, 10:55 AM
What endorsements would have the most effect on the people of your district? I think, in your race, local publicity would be paramount.

skfornh
03-23-2014, 11:10 AM
What endorsements would have the most effect on the people of your district? I think, in your race, local publicity would be paramount.

Well as I mentioned there are NH-centric PACs; they could buy direct mail for me, etc.

The national-level PACs would be mostly for $ and spreading word of my campaign to others (possibly resulting in $)

I'm working on getting some local business to endorse me.

skfornh
04-09-2014, 09:35 PM
updated