PDA

View Full Version : Educating Violent Statists

Christian Liberty
02-28-2014, 10:25 AM
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3811514&posted=1#post3811514

I'm posting as "Christian Liberty", educating the statists over at TOL about what violence is. I'm posting this thread so anyone who wants to follow how the argument is going or give me suggestions on how to debate this can do so.

Cabal
02-28-2014, 12:14 PM
'Violent statists' is redundant

WM_in_MO
02-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Good luck with that.

tod evans
02-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Surely it's not a new concept that violence begets violence?

All this talk might enlighten one in ten thousand...

They have declared war...

End of discussion.

Christian Liberty
02-28-2014, 01:50 PM
'Violent statists' is redundant

I understand:)

Snew
02-28-2014, 02:00 PM
idk about calling people evil and satanic.

CPUd
02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
How many times have you been temp-banned there?

pcosmar
02-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Educating Violent Statists

What makes you think you are educating anyone there?

Tywysog Cymru
02-28-2014, 04:42 PM
I thought they banned you?

Christian Liberty
02-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Surely it's not a new concept that violence begets violence?

All this talk might enlighten one in ten thousand...

They have declared war...

End of discussion.

I'm one of those "one in ten thousand." We do what we can.

idk about calling people evil and satanic.

Was the person in question aCW? If not, that was probably wrong.

How many times have you been temp-banned there?

Thrice.

What makes you think you are educating anyone there?

Who knows? I'm doing my best. I'd ENCOURAGE anyone here to help me, I know you all could do better than me.

I thought they banned you?

It wasn't a permaban.

mad cow
02-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Any of them Violent Statists over there calling for more summary executions than you have on this site over the last year?

Cutlerzzz
02-28-2014, 05:09 PM
What about violent teenage anarchists who want tens of thousands of executions per year because Jesus supports it?

Christopher A. Brown
02-28-2014, 05:09 PM
What about simply dissolving difference vital to stopping the infiltrated federal government by empowering citizens of states to organize as "the rightful masters of the congress and the courts. Not to overthrow the government but to overthrow the men who try to pervert the constitution."

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444637-Georgia-House-approves-Article-V-convention&p=5433668&viewfull=1#post5433668

It requires understanding that there is such as a thing as constitutional intent which is also happens to be natural law of absolutes for humanity.

Cabal
02-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Any of them Violent Statists over there calling for more summary executions than you have on this site over the last year?

Lol, good question.

compromise
03-01-2014, 02:48 AM
The best way to educate them is to get them to vote for Rand Paul in 2016.

Cabal
03-01-2014, 03:30 AM
Give a man a candidate, and you get a vote for an election cycle.
Teach a man a principle, and you get a libertarian for a lifetime.

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I read your thread and sometimes there is nothing quite as entertaining as watching a principled libertarian preach to violent right wing "christians".

I thought your posts were well argued. You tried to break the issue down into component parts and get the fundies to follow but as usual they would have none of it. It was pretty disgusting seeing more proof that there may be nothing that will penetrate their thick skulls.

Many many years ago at freerepublic dot com, a poster by the name of Libertarian Billy Graham would regularly chastize and prophesy against the devils that possessed and probably still possess that den of iniquity. He would thunder to them about how God was going to hold them accountable at the Judgement for their crimes.

The best part of Libertarian Billy Graham's schtick was when he would remind them that it still wasn't too late to repent to their victims, beg them for mercy, and offer to compensate them for their damages. He would be sure to point out to them how it was their victims they needed to ask for forgiveness from--not God.

I think he did this because he figured that there is historical evidence that the only thing that will penetrate the skulls of many "christians" is fear of hellfire and eternal physical torment. You might want to try that if they let you back. You know, tell them something like: "If God is going to eternally torture those that followed Stalin because "it was the law", then hadn't you better worry about exactly where you think God draws the line for where He will hold you responsible for following unjust laws and when you think He won't? Your skin and soul being burned beyond recognition may depend on it."