PDA

View Full Version : An idea...

CaptUSA
02-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Now hear me out on this, please... I know how it may sound to some of you at first.

I think we should stage a write-in campaign to get Glenn Beck back on FoxNews. :eek:

Fox is going to start pushing this whole Tea Party thing like they did in 2010. They're celebrating the anniversary. Let's face it, it was great for them. They had some of the best ratings they ever did through those days. Even their events were sold out. Oh, and it helped their friends in congress by giving them control.

So why Glenn? Whether you like it or not, he was the public face of that Tea Party. The FoxNews viewers became energized under him. Regardless of the reason, regardless of the half facts and mistruths, regardless of their misunderstandings, Beck was able to energize them to make a difference at the polls. And that difference works in our favor.

It is possible that we can ride that energy again. I think we can convince the Fox people that a rerun of 2010 would be good for their bottom line. Just the "Beck is coming Back" theme they can run for months will get their viewers excited. And it will begin to energize the people we need. If you'll remember, even when the establishment "Tea Party" takes over inside the GOP, we get a lot of our people elected. Think of how wide they could kick that door open after Obamacare and the NSA thing! We could get quite a few of our type of congressmen, maybe a Senator or two, and probably a President. No one is better positioned to capitalize on it than Rand. Instead of working so hard trying to convince everyone we're right, why not take the easier path?

rev1689
02-27-2014, 07:06 PM
A few problems I see here...

One, Beck doesn't want to go back there. He hates New York, and is committed to building his Blaze digital media empire.

Two, he was so openly critical of Ron in 2008 and 2012 that he's only now gotten moderately friendly with Rand. The implication is that even if he did Fox, it wouldn't mean for a moment that he'd push Rand.

CaptUSA
02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
A few problems I see here...

One, Beck doesn't want to go back there. He hates New York, and is committed to building his Blaze digital media empire.

Two, he was so openly critical of Ron in 2008 and 2012 that he's only now gotten moderately friendly with Rand. The implication is that even if he did Fox, it wouldn't mean for a moment that he'd push Rand.Ok, thanks for the input. Here's how I see it.

If Fox wants him, they'll figure out a way to get him. They can put him up anywhere he chooses. He can stay far away from New York. The deal could also work to build his empire faster than he otherwise could. Beck would like that.

On your second point, I wasn't trying to imply that he had to push Rand. All he has to do is get those people energized... they'll find Rand on their own.

phill4paul
02-27-2014, 07:21 PM
You don't want me to write Glenn Beck or anyone about Glenn Beck. Trust me on this one.

CaptUSA
02-27-2014, 07:26 PM
You don't want me to write Glenn Beck or anyone about Glenn Beck. Trust me on this one.lol! Ok, maybe you can sit this one out. lol.

Still, I think it's a good idea.

rev1689
02-27-2014, 09:15 PM
If Fox wants him, they'll figure out a way to get him. They can put him up anywhere he chooses. He can stay far away from New York. The deal could also work to build his empire faster than he otherwise could. Beck would like that.

Ehhh... I simply don't see either party being that interested in the deal, given the negative things Beck has said about the media lately. I don't even listen to him all that much, and you can tell he's frustrated with how non-committal even FOX is at covering some of the things going on right now. He's not going back to that.

On your second point, I wasn't trying to imply that he had to push Rand. All he has to do is get those people energized... they'll find Rand on their own.

Yeah, if we're doing our job, possibly. Fair enough.

Still, I think it's a good idea.

And maybe it is. Don't let us nay-sayers get you down! Call Beck first thing tomorrow on-air and tell him you're hatching a grassroots effort to draft him back to cable news, and see what he thinks. If he's down with it, press on. If he thinks you're off you're rocker... then, well, yeah.