PDA

View Full Version : Remove huck from RP graphs

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Anyone else think huck should be removed from that graph? Let them figure out their own hourly and daily take. Lets not give them the satisfaction of watching their donations being graphed.

Plus they are laughing about RP not being on some of the polls.

h ttp://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2797

LibertyEagle
11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
We have been treating them far worse than what they are now doing to us.

You reap what you sow. Perhaps some of us here should remember that and adjust our actions accordingly.

Note: On top of that, perhaps we should stop putting threads about Huckabee and other candidates in the RON PAUL grassroots section of our forum.

Bradley in DC
11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
The comparisons are one of the few graphs I go to there. :o

BillyDkid
11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
One thing we have to do is to stop feeding the Huck grassroots and giving them incentive to win like we are in competition. Let them feel fat and happy and leave them alone. My feeling is that these people were basically complacent until we (or somebody) stirred them up. We must detach our efforts from theirs.

me3
11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh no, they are laughing. Boo Hoo. They are so mean.

Who cares? We'll see them in Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada and South Carolina. Get some thicker skin.

The comparisons are one of the few graphs I go to there. :o
Ditto.

stevedasbach
11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
One thing we have to do is to stop feeding the Huck grassroots and giving them incentive to win like we are in competition. Let them feel fat and happy and leave them alone. My feeling is that these people were basically complacent until we (or somebody) stirred them up. We must detach our efforts from theirs.

+1

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 09:28 AM

You reap what you sow. Perhaps some of us here should remember that and adjust our actions accordingly.

Note: On top of that, perhaps we should stop putting threads about Huckabee and other candidates in the RON PAUL grassroots section of our forum.

Exactly!

LibertyEagle
11-30-2007, 09:28 AM

Exactly. We know when people do it to us, it only fires us up. Why do we think that when we make fun of their candidate, it doesn't fire their base up too? :eek: Not only that, but do you think their supporters will want to flock to Ron Paul's campaign when we have been mocking the candidate they supported?

cmc
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM

YES

mavtek
11-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Who cares....................... Those people are stupid, they haven't even gotten their man on the ballot in most states. They have no idea that old Huck isn't even running for President.

dsentell
11-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Anyone else think huck should be removed from that graph? Let them figure out their own hourly and daily take. Lets not give them the satisfaction of watching their donations being graphed.

Yes, we are just motivating them. TAKE IT DOWN!

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 09:36 AM

Exactly

bolidew
11-30-2007, 09:38 AM

100% agree!

Ann Kobialka
11-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I vote to eliminate the Huck's numbers from our graph. I also think it is important to distance ourselves from them. It will be easier to absorb them later if there is not any friction in the next 6 to 8 weeks

Melissa
11-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I do like to watch it like today but yes it should probably be taken down to not fuel there campaign with help from our grassroot supporters. I am sure they can get some one to do it if he is doing as well as they like to say.

jrich4rpaul
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
I do agree. Part of the reason we all donate so aggressively is because we see the impact instantly on graphs.

Giving them a graph is only helping them, and motivating them to out-raise us.

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 09:46 AM
We do not want to be their motivation with that graph. We see the grahp motivates us and it is doing the same for them. That graph is our motivation to donate when we see what we have done as it spiking and rising. Don't give them the motivation.

akovacs
11-30-2007, 09:48 AM
As someone who reads their forum semi-regularly, I can tell you that our graphs are not what motivate them, they are just a nice bonus. Huckabee's site has a growing mosaic where each tile of it is revealed after so many dollars. They constantly have little pushes to reveal those tiles as well as make some weekly goals.

The graphs, they do nothing.

Bradley in DC
11-30-2007, 09:50 AM
How about it we get them to post the donations not in dollars but in ounces (of gold, of course)?! :)

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I say the graphs push them cause they can see the spikes and the next amount they want to reach. Say they see 5k and start saying we are another 5 from 10 lets push this and it is a motivator. Picture graghs do not show each dollar raised.

Edward
11-30-2007, 09:53 AM

h ttp://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2797If you don't like them laughing, then check out this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37450

Regarding the graph, I'm not sure as to what extent this motivates those at Huck's Army. Perhaps events like today are discouraging for them, but overall I doubt it affects the grand scheme of things. I do think the Huckabee campaign should be applauded for disclosing their figures.

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 09:54 AM
How about it we get them to post the donations not in dollars but in ounces (of gold, of course)?! :)

How about another crap in the bucket he has raised instead.:D

Tenbatsu
11-30-2007, 09:58 AM
It's not his grassroots that are increasing his funding. The religious right has anointed him and is putting their muscle behind huckabee. Whether we take the graph down or not it's not going to stop this from happening.

bolidew
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Please, NO MORE free service for Huckster.
Take it DOWN!

njandrewg
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Well I see a few solutions:

1) Stop minute by minute updates for graphs with Huckabee, update at the end of the day for them with their graphs
2) Stop minute by minute graphs, and update their final amount at the end of the day
3) Change the graphs with Huckabee so that they are only seen from www.ronpaulforums.com

njandrewg
11-30-2007, 11:15 AM
It's not his grassroots that are increasing his funding. The religious right has anointed him and is putting their muscle behind huckabee. Whether we take the graph down or not it's not going to stop this from happening.
either way it doesn't hurt to remove their motivation. Especially the way they insult Ron Paul supporters

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, they are adding stress also to that graph. This is RPs graphs for his supporters not hucks.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM

+1

derdy
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Plus, if we take down his chart his main site will be bogged down and unable to receive new donations!!

http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2663 :D

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Should we email the Ron Paul Graphs guy? Do we know who the Ron Paul Graph guy is?

Edward
11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Especially the way they insult Ron Paul supportersActually, I've seen quite a few of them spread the word to be nice to us because they want us to view their candidate favorably. We could and should learn something from that.

derdy
11-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Should we email the Ron Paul Graphs guy? Do we know who the Ron Paul Graphd guy is?

It's chowda, he posted earlier in this thread.

hillertexas

1) Stop minute by minute updates for graphs with Huckabee, update at the end of the day for them with their graphs
2) Stop minute by minute graphs, and update their final amount at the end of the day
3) Change the graphs with Huckabee so that they are only seen from www.ronpaulforums.com

GREAT IDEA

happyphilter
anyone notice that they are trying to copy exactly what we have been doing. Hell ive seen duplicate threads over there with just the names changed.

problem is RPs message is the only one that brings everyone together, not just Iowan famers

deedles
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Who cares....................... Those people are stupid, they haven't even gotten their man on the ballot in most states. They have no idea that old Huck isn't even running for President.

Ron Paul would never say such a thing about good but uninformed Americans that we'd certainly like to inform thus garnering their vote.

Neither should you.

I'm totally in support of behaving like ladies and gentlemen. When we speak about others in a disparaging manner, it only reflects upon us.

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Let them slow their own server and slow their donations down as was said.

Blowback
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
It's almost annoying just seeing Huckabee's name when I go to Ron Paul graphs.

Revolution9
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Exactly

Precisely.. Take it down.. Let them huckster up their own web stats. They are not our friend at this time. They will come around when their boys falls into the snakepit..but they will come under our conditions and not theirs..

And..leave them alone..like they already are.. They ain't worth the chuckles.

Best Regards
Randy

njandrewg
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Actually, I've seen quite a few of them spread the word to be nice to us because they want us to view their candidate favorably. We could and should learn something from that.

sure things like this just scream respect: "I'm glad we don't resort to identity theft as *erm* some supporters do... (no names) Anyway I can see how people may think this is allowed but in all legal senses it's fraud. Mainly because you ask people to click it..."

Revolution9
11-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Plus, if we take down his chart his main site will be bogged down and unable to receive new donations!!

http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2663 :D

Yeah..they crashed several hours into their last money bomb and exceeded paid for bandwidth.

Best Regards
Randy

Flirple
11-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Remove the graph.

BlueGecko
11-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyDkid View Post

Down with the graph!!!!!!!!

Maybe leave their moneybomb Nov 20 when we beat them on their own day but thats it

RPFTW!
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm surprised huckleberrys grass rots are raising as much as they are, hucksarmy.com doesn't get even 1/10th of the traffic we get so I don't get it.

francisco
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
I think the Huckabee comparison charts should be left as they are.

Knowledge is power. We need to know what our competition is doing real time so we can react real time. The competitive spirit helps our donations as well as theirs, but helps us more because we are bigger in numbers, depth of pockets, and organization.

Furthermore, every time they go to one of our sites to access data they are forced to confront the fact that we are more competent.

Taking away the display of the information will not change the reality of the situation. That is an ostrich approach, the same kind of thinking that leads to all kinds of failure in life, business, and government.

Instead of supressing information, embrace it and deal with it should be our credo! Ron Paul and the Freedom message are all about openness and transparancy. That is why we are displaying the information in the first place. And it is working!

reduen
11-30-2007, 11:42 AM

I like these types of solutions but I might add a fourth option.

4.) Expose his CFR connections much more clearly on the graph. Huckabee was my number two choice (almost number one at one point) until I learned about his CFR connections.

kylejack
11-30-2007, 11:46 AM
There's not much point to removing the graph. They can always just make their own graph from the stream.

njandrewg
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
I like these types of solutions but I might add a fourth option.

4.) Expose his CFR connections much more clearly on the graph. Huckabee was my number two choice (almost number one at one point) until I learned about his CFR connections.
or better yet, add a few links on the chart exposing what piece of garbage Huckabee is(Tax & Hike, pro-amnesty etc) they'll stop using the charts by themselves

margomaps
11-30-2007, 11:49 AM
I think the Huckabee comparison charts should be left as they are.

Knowledge is power. We need to know what our competition is doing real time so we can react real time. The competitive spirit helps our donations as well as theirs, but helps us more because we are bigger in numbers, depth of pockets, and organization.

Furthermore, every time they go to one of our sites to access data they are forced to confront the fact that we are more competent.

Taking away the display of the information will not change the reality of the situation. That is an ostrich approach, the same kind of thinking that leads to all kinds of failure in life, business, and government.

Instead of supressing information, embrace it and deal with it should be our credo! Ron Paul and the Freedom message are all about openness and transparancy. That is why we are displaying the information in the first place. And it is working!

You make some good points. But on the other hand, if knowledge is power, then we're providing an opponent's grassroots with free power. And we provide them a motivational target as well..."Let's beat the Ron Paul grassroots donations today!".

Just something to think about.

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 11:49 AM
There's not much point to removing the graph. They can always just make their own graph from the stream.

Let them bog their site down while looking at their gragh. Slow their donations or crash their donation page as was mentioned. All they are doing is useing up RP graphs bandwidth and lagging it also.

bolidew
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Remove Huckabee, enough said!

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM

hear, hear!

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
hear, hear!

Concur. I thought this several days ago. Its just become an excuse to post huckabee messages.

Danya
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I think taking it down is silly - they're trying to raise this MONTH what we're trying to raise this DAY.

If the other candidates disclosed their numbers, I'd vote for comparison graphs for them too! Even if it does motivate them, it motivates us too. Taking it down makes it look like we're afraid they'll out do us so we do away with the transparency. If we make it available only from RP forums, they'll just post the widget to their site like we would.

Besides, I like seeing us raising twice the money they do!

Just my $.02 & worth what you paid for it.

Liberty
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM

I agree.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Vote on this issue here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44621