PDA

View Full Version : Top Fundraiser?

mport1
11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Some fun statistics. By the end of the day, RP will most likely have raised in 2 months what all the other "top tier" candidates raised in 3 WITHOUT the huge fundraising day that is coming on the 16th. He will most likely be the top fundraiser this quarter yet the media still barely covers him. THIS is a story. How can the media not cover him? They use the excuse of his low polling to not cover him (and they never fail to mention that he is polling low when they do). It is precisely BECAUSE they don't cover him that he is polling so low!

-- During the third quarter, Fred Thompson raised $9,750,821 to be used during the primary election cycle.

-- Not counting money that he loaned to his own campaign, Mitt Romney raised $9,896,719.

-- Rudy Giuliani finished with $10,258,019.

I suggest everybody contact all the media outlets they can think of to let them know that RP raised more in 2 months than their beloved "top tier" candidates raised in a quarter.

mport1
11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Bump, I think this is extremely telling of the media bias that we all know is occurring. In the past they used to exclude mentioning people because of poor fundraising and they no longer have that excuse. How do they give the $1 million man more coverage than Ron?

margomaps
11-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Bump, I think this is extremely telling of the media bias that we all know is occurring. In the past they used to exclude mentioning people because of poor fundraising and they no longer have that excuse. How do they give the $1 million man more coverage than Ron?

The whole money obsession was bound to end. As we get closer to voting time, it really, honestly doesn't matter that candidate A has more money in the campaign than candidate B. If A is picking up all the votes, that's what matters.

The only ace we're still holding in our hand is the ability to turn out voters in numbers far greater than the polls have indicated to date. We can try to shock the world with money and truth all we want -- but we're really only going to shock the world if we do far better than expected in the primaries.