PDA

View Full Version : Freedomworks: Vote for the next Speaker of the House! (Help Amash, Massie or Labrador!!)

TheTyke
02-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Freedomworks just put up a poll to see who we want to see as next Speaker of the House. I was wondering if it could determine who they throw their support behind as the conservative alternative. They use it gather emails, but they've supported some really good candidates before, so that doesn't bother me. They also mention rumors Boehner may resign. Since I've seen groups like SCF support candidates for office based on supporter feedback, this seemed like something we should really weigh in on. It might also help solidify one person to rally around, which we lacked last time Boehner was challenged.

Amash is currently in 3rd behind Gowdy and Chaffetz. But Massie, Amash and the person Amash supported last time for Speaker, Raul Labrador, all have much higher Freedom Index ratings and are more reliable than the ones who are leading.

Let's get the good guys some votes!!!

hxxp://goo.gl/FNexeD

EBounding
02-27-2014, 09:57 AM
I picked McClintock and Amash based on tenure.

compromise
02-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Why is Gowdy so popular these days? Seems like he's surged in popularity in recent months. I often see conservatives mentioning him along with Rand and Cruz.

It's disappointing to see Cantor doing so well in a FreedomWorks poll. Other than Cantor, McCarthy or Rodgers, any of the people on FW's list would be a huge improvement on what we have currently.

Bastiat's The Law
02-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Labrador would be a huge improvement. Amash is still young.

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Why is Gowdy so popular these days? Seems like he's surged in popularity in recent months. I often see conservatives mentioning him along with Rand and Cruz.

I believe he leans teo-conservative on foreign policy. Thus, the answer to your question is obvious.

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2014, 11:41 AM
I picked McClintock and Amash based on tenure.

Did they add McClintock?

FSP-Rebel
02-27-2014, 11:51 AM
It's disappointing to see Cantor doing so well in a FreedomWorks poll.
The real question is why is FW even putting this hack in the poll to begin with. I hope his primary opponent can take him down.

compromise
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
I believe he leans teo-conservative on foreign policy. Thus, the answer to your question is obvious.

There are plenty of foreign policy hawks in the Republican Party and besides, not many people in the real world actually care about foreign policy, domestic policy seems to be the main focus among conservatives and liberals alike. What has he actually done that's significant and made him stick out vs. the other members of the SC delegation? Cruz has the Obamacare filibuster and the gov't shutdown, Rand has the drone filibuster and sue the NSA, Gowdy just seems to blend in to the rest of the crowd.

Did they add McClintock?

Yes, but he's doing badly.

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2014, 12:28 PM
There are plenty of foreign policy hawks in the Republican Party and besides, not many people in the real world actually care about foreign policy, domestic policy seems to be the main focus among conservatives and liberals alike. What has he actually done that's significant and made him stick out vs. the other members of the SC delegation? Cruz has the Obamacare filibuster and the gov't shutdown, Rand has the drone filibuster and sue the NSA, Gowdy just seems to blend in to the rest of the crowd.

What has Rubio done to put him top of the list when the "conservative" pundits talk about good politicians?

compromise
02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
What has Rubio done to put him top of the list when the "conservative" pundits talk about good politicians?

Rubio has his Hispanic background going for him and he's been pushed since he arrived in the Senate and before. Gowdy is no different from most Republican Congressmen in terms of background, and despite being in the House for 3 years, he's only really started coming up since around fall 2013. Is he contemplating a presidential run or something?

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Hmm. I don't see McClintock on this link, which FreedomWorks sent out via Twitter:

http://connect.freedomworks.org/node/429428

compromise
02-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Hmm. I don't see McClintock on this link, which FreedomWorks sent out via Twitter:

http://connect.freedomworks.org/node/429428

Look at the comments on there:

Trey Gowdy,Has BALLS.

My vote would be Trey Gowdy or Steve King from IA. Both of them have "intestinal fortitude!"
Trey Gowdy would be the best since he has a backbone unlike some of our representatives.

Trey Gowdy Why not he has stepped up time and time again!
Trey Gowdy would make a great Speaker, but I feel he is more qualified for a much higher position.
Trey is a bulldog against liars and cheats!
I would prefer to see Trey Gowdy run for president!! He is awesome and not afraid of anybody!!

Seriously, what has Trey Gowdy done?

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Look at the comments on there:

Seriously, what has Trey Gowdy done?

He's a lawyer and ex-DA (law and order type). He usually does very well at hearings, kind of like a prosecuting attorney. Other than that, he has been on Hannity and Levin, and like I said, he's a foreign policy hawk.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K43_PwheRZA

compromise
02-27-2014, 12:58 PM
He's a lawyer and ex-DA (law and order type). He usually does very well at hearings, kind of like a prosecuting attorney. Other than that, he has been on Hannity and Levin, and like I said, he's a foreign policy hawk.

Ah, thanks for the info. Seems like he wants to be the House Ted Cruz to Amash's Rand Paul.

EDIT: Wow, that clip was impressive. He'd make a good Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, but no further.

HOLLYWOOD
02-27-2014, 02:52 PM
I picked McClintock and Amash based on tenure.So did I!

I can't believe Cantor is right behind Amash and McClintoch is near the bottom.

MichaelDavis
02-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Wow, that clip was impressive. He'd make a good Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, but no further.

He could be a good U.S. Senator. South Carolina has a very impressive House delegation. Sanford, Duncan, and Mulvaney are all great Congressmen.