PDA

View Full Version : St Pete Straw Poll

bernie
11-30-2007, 09:10 AM
from the St Pete Times:

"So how did Romney do it?

"I voted 20 times," Derek Gyongzois, 38, of St. Petersburg exclaimed after casting ballots.

He said he works as a volunteer for the Romney campaign (and begged a reporter not to print his 20-vote tally). Did he buy the tickets?

"I don't have that kind of money," Gyongzois said."

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/29/Worldandnation/St_Petersburg_straw_p.shtml

LinuxUser269
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
lol... we were hoping this would get out...

Dorfsmith
11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Send Drudge a link to this story !!!

Dorfsmith
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
You know, at the end of the article where it says some Ron Paul supporters started to cheat too, if that is the case I bet they were buying their own tickets in order to cheat...

ckhagen
11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Here's the thing (btw, I was there). It's technically not "cheating". It is totally allowed and probably encouraged. It's a FUNDRAISER, for the GOP. The point is to sell as many ballots as they can. It's stupid and unethical by my standards, that's for sure. But you can't call it cheating. It was done in the open. It's done all the time, most straw polls are this way. Mitt has just gone totally overboard and I just hope those people's conscience eats them alive.

We won that event hands down. NO question about it. We outnumbered them 100:1. I am glad that the Times put it out there though.

Dorfsmith
11-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Here's the thing (btw, I was there). It's technically not "cheating". It is totally allowed and probably encouraged. It's a FUNDRAISER, for the GOP. The point is to sell as many ballots as they can. It's stupid and unethical by my standards, that's for sure. But you can't call it cheating. It was done in the open. It's done all the time, most straw polls are this way. Mitt has just gone totally overboard and I just hope those people's conscience eats them alive.

We won that event hands down. NO question about it. We outnumbered them 100:1. I am glad that the Times put it out there though.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification :cool: