PDA

View Full Version : AdWords and web promotions

54321go
11-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I can't help with this, but it would be seem to be important and could be cheaper to implement.

http://www.apogee-web-consulting.com/blogger/2007/11/youtube-debate-w-republican-candidates.html

Chaos Unlimited
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
adwords is very cheap and you only pay for clicks - so you can get millions of impressions for free. you can target regionally. you can pick issue related keywords - someone searches healthcare they see Ron Paul. someone searches taxes they see Ron Paul. it's a great way to hit the people who use the internet to research issues.

bluemarkets
12-03-2007, 08:13 PM
yes I agree ... adwords can be very effective in targeting likely voters or some who just want more info on the candidates...

Ive seen obama's ads on some very broad searches such as

- election 2008
- presidential candidates
- democratic candidates

is the ron paul campaign using search marketing in their efforts?

this could be targeting for each stat as the primary for that state comes closer ...

would love to hear others thoughts ...

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Adwords and other advertising mediums have quite a broad range of users, allowing keyword targeting and even geographic targeting.

I have been discussing this in a meetup. I have contacted a few people who tried it for this election. Their results were ok but they did not have any experience.

I have several years of doing media buying for companies products. I am planning to make my next $100 donation a donation of advertisements bought on some sites like google and send the traffic direct to the ronpaul2008.com website. I want to see what the cost per click is and if it is effective.

Anyone interested in helping the keyword research process or funding with a chipin or something? I could use some help because I have several other RP projects going right now.

Rhys
12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I could help with some keywords and ad copy.

No one should hire an SEO company for this. It would be a waste because PPC's are so easy to do by yourself. You just write a headline and content and post it like you do to this message board. The trick is to pick good keywords and tweak the copy as you see what's working or not.

Also, I've seen a ton of google adwords already for Ron Paul...

54321go
12-06-2007, 08:48 PM
"...so easy to do by yourself."

Is there some way, for someone who knows, to coach those of us who don't about SEO, Search Engine Optimization with respect to this campaign effort? Pointers, suggestions, how-to... What are the most effective words and phrases? What are the hottest campaign points with respect to SEO? Is there an SEO plan for this already?

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Basically I have been an SEO company in the past. It was my one fulltime job for 4 years. And I will help anyone for free on RP or political topics that I dont oppose. (Basically anything that RP is for)

It really is like any advertising. Anyone can buy an ad in the yellow pages or make a TV ad but what gets responses is the difference. Also if the keyword list is done right the cost will be lower.

Volunteer #1
What I could really use and dont have time to do right now is for someone to look at the Ronpaul2008.com website and make a list of pages across the top of a spreadsheet. Then go to those pages and read it and look for possible keywords. Put those keywords in a column underneath the landing page.

Like:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/education/
school
schools
home schools
home schooling
education
etc.....

Really get creative. Think outside the box and dont worry about the cost per click. I will check that and tweak the lists. I hope anyone that volunteers doesny mind me using the list or sharing the list that is made.

Voluntee #2
Look at the calendar for the next two months and look at any campaign stops, debates, primary elections, issues, etc for Ron Paul mostly but also for all candidates. Until Super Tuesday Feb 5th.

Put the event in an excel worksheet or a txt file or something. Please put like the keyword, date, location. For example from the near future:

Tea Party , December 16th, Nationwide
Tea dump, decemeber 16th, Boston Harbor.

Get crazy and you can look for candidates calendars on their site or whatever. No need to reinvent the wheel.

<<<<<<<<<<< END VOLUNTEER >>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you can do one of those please claim it here by saying you can do it in the next 2 days. Please also PM me so I know you are working on it and ask any questions you have. Please tell me how you will save files, PC, Mac etc.

Thank you,

Mike

PS If you want a keyword list please tell me what you want to advertise for, where (nationwide, statewide), and I would be happy to use this info or make some keyword list for you.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
"...so easy to do by yourself."

Is there some way, for someone who knows, to coach those of us who don't about SEO, Search Engine Optimization with respect to this campaign effort? Pointers, suggestions, how-to... What are the most effective words and phrases? What are the hottest campaign points with respect to SEO? Is there an SEO plan for this already?

It would be a book to write pointers for all this stuff. On the cost I am not sure becuase Google is a little vague about cost nowadays. Basically you need to start a campaign and tweak it to get the best click through and cost per click. It has to do with the keyword, the wording of your ad, the landing page and the behavior of the people once they get there.

If people click right back off of your landing page Google will consider the page or ad a bad one and will raise the price.

You try to use the keyword in the ad a few times.....

Not more than one person can advertise for the same website for the same keyword at the same time. For example if 5 of us advertise for "super Tuesday" or something and all lead people to the ronpaul2008.com website only one ad will show and it will be the one perceived to be the highest quality.

It is quite complicated and their are firms that do just Pay per click management full time. They do not do SEO work on website html at all. If you want I can help with a keyword list, ad tweaking, or anything else. It is easier for me to look at what you want to do and help than to try to teach all of this in the few months we need to make an impact.