PDA

View Full Version : IRS Leader Lois Lerner Vs Congressional Committee - Round 2!

mello
02-26-2014, 03:35 PM
She can't plead the 5th this time!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568511/Republicans-demand-second-appearance-disgraced-IRS-leader-Lois-Lerner-plead-Fifth-time.html

Petar
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Nice...

HOLLYWOOD
02-26-2014, 04:14 PM
"Stroke the viewers and listeners: PART DEUX" Getover any possibility of justice being followed.

More Kabuki Theater entertainment for the American mundanes to think, that there is... rule of law in this nation

Let me take a wild guess to the swizzle stick response:

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lerner-590-LI.jpg

That evening, after the hearing you can find Lerner, the Congressional Committee, Capital Hill leadership, the White House reps, and IRS brass... all showing-up at 'Plumes on 16th Street, to celebrate a fantastic show, toasting 30 YO Scotch and Cristal to "Mission Accomplished 2".

ZENemy
02-26-2014, 04:15 PM
"Stroke the viewers and listeners: PART DEUX" Getover any possibility of justice being followed.

More Kabuki Theater entertainment for the American mundanes to think, that there is... rule of law in this nation

Let me take a wild guess to the swizzle stick response:

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lerner-590-LI.jpg

That evening, after the hearing you can find Lerner, the Congressional Committee, Capital Hill leadership, the White House reps, and IRS brass... all showing-up at 'Plumes on 16th Street, to celebrate a fantastic show, toasting 30 YO Scotch and Cristal to "Mission Accomplished 2".

Exactly right.

Everyone would be surprised how fast this cable tv channel we call "government" would get cancelled once we turned off the TV.

Dr.3D
02-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Do you suppose she would spill the beans if granted immunity?

devil21
02-26-2014, 08:11 PM
She can't plead the 5th this time!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568511/Republicans-demand-second-appearance-disgraced-IRS-leader-Lois-Lerner-plead-Fifth-time.html

Why not? From a strictly Constitutional perspective, Lerner is doing exactly what she should do. Im unaware of any case where a Congressional committee can just render someone's claim to the 5th as null and void. I wish she would spill the beans as much as anybody else does but she's handling it correctly.

Miss Annie
02-26-2014, 08:19 PM
If she spills the beans,.......... she gonna have a lot to spill!! And THIS is likely what she wants immunity from!

http://shoebat.com/2013/05/31/lois-lerner-accessory-to-terror-funding/

HOLLYWOOD
02-26-2014, 10:02 PM
If she spills the beans,.......... she gonna have a lot to spill!! And THIS is likely what she wants immunity from!

http://shoebat.com/2013/05/31/lois-lerner-accessory-to-terror-funding/There's nothing in that video, it's a distraction, and even if it mattered, Eric Holder or anyone in establishment government, wouldn't do a damn thing about it. Point in fact, Bush Cheney indicted on War Crimes yet? Wolfowitx? Feith? Haliburtin? Blackwater/ZE corp?

Nothing will be exposed, nothing will happen.

Miss Annie
02-26-2014, 10:23 PM
There's nothing in that video, it's a distraction, and even if it mattered, Eric Holder or anyone in establishment government, wouldn't do a damn thing about it. Point in fact, Bush Cheney indicted on War Crimes yet? Wolfowitx? Feith? Haliburtin? Blackwater/ZE corp?

Nothing will be exposed, nothing will happen.

The video was not the "main feature", the text was........ which included embedded links to other reports. A distraction? Maybe that's why the MSM doesn't report the news anymore..... it's just a distraction? Hopefully someday they will all go up for war crimes...... especially slick willie and hitlery! Gotta start somewhere.

Root
02-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Let me know when someone is being walked away in handcuffs.

mello
02-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Why not? From a strictly Constitutional perspective, Lerner is doing exactly what she should do. Im unaware of any case where a Congressional committee can just render someone's claim to the 5th as null and void. I wish she would spill the beans as much as anybody else does but she's handling it correctly.

I believe it's because she made a statement before pleading the 5th at her first hearing, which I guess makes her pleading the 5th null in void.

VBRonPaulFan
02-27-2014, 04:14 PM
I believe it's because she made a statement before pleading the 5th at her first hearing, which I guess makes her pleading the 5th null in void.

Correct, you cannot start defending yourself and then plead the fifth. You have to do it up front without saying anything that could sway people either way. She basically pleaded not guilty when she opened her big mouth.

devil21
02-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Correct, you cannot start defending yourself and then plead the fifth. You have to do it up front without saying anything that could sway people either way. She basically pleaded not guilty when she opened her big mouth.

I'll take your word for it. What did she say in the first place? Besides, unless Congress is prepared to actually lock her up for contempt, for all practical purposes they can't force her to say anything. Fat chance on that one.

VBRonPaulFan
02-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I'll take your word for it. What did she say in the first place? Besides, unless Congress is prepared to actually lock her up for contempt, for all practical purposes they can't force her to say anything. Fat chance on that one.

This was her opening statement when she was called before Congress:

Members of Congress have accused me of providing false information. I have not done anything wrong. I have not broken any laws. I have not violated IRS rules and regulations and I have not provided false information to this committee.

And yeah, they can't force her to say anything, but if she refused to co-operate they could probably hold her in contempt and threaten to throw her in jail. And you know her entitled, bureaucratic ass will probably immediately roll over on anyone she can because she's probably scared shitless of going to jail. Most authoritarians are scared to death of the consequences they set up for the rest of us.

HOLLYWOOD
02-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Obvious the masses are realizing the "JUST-US" system does NOT enforce the laws on the insider establishment .gov elites and I'd like to see what threats Lerner received. The natives are getting restless, but Lerner and her legal council's move of enhancing the fear from the masses, looking for sympathy from the Issa committee. Look for the partisan Democrats to exploit this during the KABUKI THEATER hearing.
Issa set March 5 as the date she will have to answer probing questions about her role in the scandal – and possibly finger higher-ups who directed her to play political favorites and hamstring conservative applicants.But her lawyer, William W. Taylor III, replied hours later with a letter saying he had warned committee staffers that 'calling Ms. Lerner [as a witness] knowing that she will assert her rights was not only improper but dangerous.'

'Ms. Lerner has been the subject of numerous threats on her life and safety, and on the life and safety of her family,' he wrote. 'I left with the staff recent evidence of those threats.'

mrsat_98
03-02-2014, 04:39 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/02/exclusive-lerner-will-give-hill-testimony-on-irs-scandal-after-lawyers-said-no/

Former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner, a central figure in the IRS scandal, will appear before Congress on Wednesday after refusing to testify last year on the matter, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said Sunday.

Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, told “Fox News Sunday” that Lerner’s lawyers have indicated she will testify before his committee, after saying last week that she would not.

“It’s going to be a good, fact-finding hearing,” he said.

Issa said he didn’t know why Lerner’s lawyers changed their mind, but suggested Lerner testifying was “in her best interest,” considering the recent evidence the committee had gathered.

Later in the day, Lerner attorney William W. Taylor disputed Issa’s claim, saying his client would not testify.

“As of now, she intends to continue to assert her Fifth Amendment rights,” Taylor told Politico. “I do not know why Issa said what he said.”

Taylor’s statement was follow by a release from the oversight committee that stated Taylor had confirmed in writing that his client is willing to testify but wants to delay the hearing by one week.

“We have informed Mr. Taylor that Ms. Lerner may make her request for a delay on Wednesday when she appears for the hearing,” said committee spokesman Frederick Hill.

Issa and Lerner’s attorneys also have argued about whether she is protected under the Fifth Amendment from having to testify.

In May 2013, Lerner invoked the amendment right during her first-and-only appearance before the House committee, but only after she said during an opening statement that she broke no laws.

Lerner resigned last year from her post as the agency’s director of tax-exempt organizations.

The House committee continues to investigate the IRS in its 2012 targeting of Tea Party groups and other politically conservative organizations trying to get tax-exempt status.

Congressional investigators are trying to determine who exactly gave the orders for IRS agents to target the groups.

Issa said Sunday that Lerner was “in a powerful position and could have been acting alone.” Congressional documents also suggest that she was under political pressure to orchestrate the targeting.

However, safeguards against such situations should have been in place and Congress should work to put in “more checks and balances,” he also said.

Last week, Lerner attorney William Taylor said his client would testify on Capitol Hill only if compelled by a federal court or if given immunity for the testimony.

Taylor stated his position in a letter to Issa. He was responding to a letter Tuesday from Issa saying, in part, that Lerner’s testimony remains “critical to the committee’s investigation.”

muh_roads
03-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Good. Welfare queens in the public sector that require theft of the citizens to sustain their jobs should get no 5th amendment rights. When you take money from the people by force, what you are doing should be 100% transparent. Including your bank records IMO.

Judges & members of congress definitely need 100% transparent banking records so we know who is paying off who.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Rattler vs. Cobra. How do you know who to root for? Against?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Wrong thread. D'oh!

devil21
03-03-2014, 03:05 AM
“We have informed Mr. Taylor that Ms. Lerner may make her request for a delay on Wednesday when she appears for the hearing,” said committee spokesman Frederick Hill.

This isn't because of a family vacation. Something will happen that overshadows EVERYTHING including this hearing between now and then.

CNBC commentators sound very anxious already at 4am.

Peace&Freedom
03-03-2014, 04:48 AM
Congressional investigators are trying to determine who exactly gave the orders for IRS agents to target the groups.

Issa said Sunday that Lerner was “in a powerful position and could have been acting alone.” Congressional documents also suggest that she was under political pressure to orchestrate the targeting.

However, safeguards against such situations should have been in place and Congress should work to put in “more checks and balances,” he also said.

Last week, Lerner attorney William Taylor said his client would testify on Capitol Hill only if compelled by a federal court or if given immunity for the testimony.

Taylor stated his position in a letter to Issa. He was responding to a letter Tuesday from Issa saying, in part, that Lerner’s testimony remains “critical to the committee’s investigation.”

Something may have been negotiated behind the scenes, where Lerner has agreed to talk in exchange for immunity, or as a limited hangout, to isolate any criminality to herself, thereby protecting Obarry. This would mean her earlier appeal to the fifth Amendment was less about herself, and more about protecting the rest of the Administration.