PDA

View Full Version : Woman ODs on Sleeping Pills, Moore, OK Police Arrest Her on Warrant and She Dies in Jail

SeanTX
02-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Moore police kill another one. I read somewhere else that the warrant was about an unpaid no seat belt ticket. Good on them for ticketing her for that -- not wearing a seat belt could have killed her ! Nice that some chickenshit warrant takes precedence over calling for paramedics.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/norman/cleveland-county-authorities-investigate-inmate-death-at-jail/24630216#ixzz2uRyPck59

Cleveland County inmate found unresponsive in cell dies at hospital
Friends of Rebekah Reed say she was a good mom
UPDATED 7:32 PM CST Feb 24, 2014

CLEVELAND COUNTY, Okla. —Authorities with the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Department said a female inmate was found unresponsive in her cell around 4:30 a.m. Sunday.

An ambulance transported her to Norman Regional Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The Moore Police Department identified the inmate as Rebekah Reed, 36.

Jeff Johnson, whose cousin was dating Reed, told KOCO 5, “I actually called the police, but I guess she had taken a whole bottle of sleeping pills.”

Johnson claimed he called Moore police to his home Saturday night around 9:30 p.m. because of his cousin’s girlfriend’s behavior.

“I told the cops that I thought that she took the bottle and they looked at the bottle,” said Johnson.

Moore officers arrested Reed because she failed to show up for a court date and a warrant was issued for her arrest. She was booked into jail before midnight Sunday and evaluated by medical staff. Police said she had no visible injuries at the time she was booked into jail.

Reed was alone in her cell when she was found by the guard. The medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine how she died.

snip

invisible
02-26-2014, 12:43 PM
There is a huge amount of outrage in the area over the Moore PD, and a protest will probably happen. I'm told the PD has taken down their FB page, and additional stories of misconduct are starting to surface.

Anti Federalist
02-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Jeff Johnson, whose cousin was dating Reed, told KOCO 5, “I actually called the police, but I guess she had taken a whole bottle of sleeping pills.”

Lesson learned.

SeanTX
02-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes, people need to realize that when you call the police for their "help" with anything whatsoever their FIRST priority will be to see if they can arrest YOU for something.

Philhelm
02-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Looks like everyone is a winner here. Rebekah died as she had presumably hoped, and the police had an opportunity to act as uneducated, ignorant, thug-like assfucks that drink dog semen from pigs' assholes. Win-win!

juleswin
02-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Who in their right mind calls the police for a situation like this? you wanna call the ambulance instead of the police. The police do not treat OD victims, its just not what they do

But the headline is not as distressing the headline makes it out it out to be. Sad story of another poor soul choosing suicide as a way out of their problems

tod evans
02-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Lesson learned.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Philhelm
02-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Lesson learned.

I'm lucky to be alive. About ten years ago, I had lived in a house with three hetero-roommates, one of which was a complete moron. He had kissed another man's wife and the angry husband had come to our house (when I was away, or else he'd have an AR-15 in his face) and ended up punching a dent into my roommate's shitty, wannabe sports car (Supra). A couple days later, he was talking to me and my other roommate and said that he was going to report the incident to the police. He picked up his cellphone and began to press buttons: *beep* *beep* *beep*... Realizing that no further beeps were to follow, I asked if he called 911, which he had. I told him to hang up and that he was a fucking idiot.

Pericles
02-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Looks like everyone is a winner here. Rebekah died as she had presumably hoped, and the police had an opportunity to act as uneducated, ignorant, thug-like assfucks that drink dog semen from pigs' assholes. Win-win!

Its like maximum efficiency - you gotta admire that.

LibForestPaul
02-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Yes, people need to realize that when you call the police for their "help" with anything whatsoever their FIRST priority will be to see if they can arrest YOU for something.

When you call 911, you get the police regardless. So, do not call paramedics?

phill4paul
02-26-2014, 07:12 PM
This is the same place that the father was beaten to death at the theater? Great place to live.

Mani
02-27-2014, 12:05 AM
This is the same place that the father was beaten to death at the theater? Great place to live.

The cops in Moore should do some meetups with the New Mexico Cops. Enimas, anal rapes, beat downs, and all sorts of mayhem will ensue.

fr33
02-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Who in their right mind calls the police for a situation like this? you wanna call the ambulance instead of the police. The police do not treat OD victims, its just not what they do

But the headline is not as distressing the headline makes it out it out to be. Sad story of another poor soul choosing suicide as a way out of their problems

He said that he called the police but he might have meant that he called 911. The police are almost always the first ones to arrive.