PDA

View Full Version : Florida Democrat: Without Immigration Reform, Who Will Do Our Landscaping?

Origanalist
02-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Alex Sink came very close to winning Florida's gubernatorial election in 2010, and is currently locked in a very tight special election battle over Florida's 13th Congressional District. She is a Democrat. At a recent election forum, she offered the following analysis of the urgent need for immigration reform:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s6S4zSPN5Ec

“Immigration reform is important in our country. We have a lot of employers over on the beaches that rely upon workers and especially in this high-growth environment, where are you going to get people to work to clean our hotel rooms or do our landscaping? We don’t need to put those employers in a position of hiring undocumented and illegal workers.”

Continued...http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/02/26/florida-democrat-without-immigration-reform-who-will-do-our-landscaping-n1800593

phill4paul
02-26-2014, 11:05 AM
I will. For cash. Problem solved. Next.

oyarde
02-26-2014, 11:07 AM
I will. For cash. Problem solved. Next.

Yep , and I have a " special" hourly rate for her .

ZENemy
02-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Teenagers?

Origanalist
02-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Take away welfare and I imagine you would get plenty of interest.

Origanalist
02-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Teenagers?

Heh. Wouldn't manual labor destroy their self esteem?

aGameOfThrones
02-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Puerto Ricans

ZENemy
02-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Heh. Wouldn't manual labor destroy their self esteem?

haha, damn you might be right with the teens these days. They may not be able to text while cutting leaves!

When I was a teen, things like landscaping, putting up sheet rock and the like would pay 10-12 bucks per hour and work weekdays. My friends at the time were working terrible retail hours and making only 8 bucks an hour. I worked with many Mexicans and I normally did double their workload.

Origanalist
02-26-2014, 11:26 AM
haha, damn you might be right with the teens these days. They may not be able to text while cutting leaves!

When I was a teen, things like landscaping, putting up sheet rock and the like would pay 10-12 bucks per hour and work weekdays. My friends at the time were working terrible retail hours and making only 8 bucks an hour. I worked with many Mexicans and I normally did double their workload.

Mexicans respond extremely well to piecework rates. Not so much hourly from my experience.

rpfocus
02-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Deport her.

AuH20
02-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Landscaping is overrated. More people should be turning their pristine yet toxic lawns into food producing gardens.

Origanalist
02-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Landscaping is overrated. More people should be turning their pristine yet toxic lawns into food producing gardens.

You see a lot of that in the cities now.

ObiRandKenobi
02-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Florida Democrat: Without Immigration Reform, Who Will Do Our Landscaping?

the same people that are doing it now.

Philhelm
02-26-2014, 01:25 PM
I worked with many Mexicans and I normally did double their workload.

But I thought that all Mexicans, even the laziest of their kind, work harder than every United States citizen ever born.

ZENemy
02-26-2014, 01:35 PM
But I thought that all Mexicans, even the laziest of their kind, work harder than every United States citizen ever born.

:D

eduardo89
02-26-2014, 01:46 PM

Sounds like the Mexicans are the smart ones.

No, we're just more efficient. So efficient that it seems like we're not actually working.

JustinTime
02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Serious response here, in the next decades robots will.

We dont need any more people here. We could conserve our natural resources.

acptulsa
02-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Show me a Democrat and I will show you his or her own worst enemy.

ZENemy
02-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Sounds like the Mexicans are the smart ones.

Or I just have a strong work ethic and believe that you should give it your all when being paid to do a service.

TaftFan
02-26-2014, 03:21 PM
How about yourself?

I know women in their 80s who tend their own yards and enjoy it.

eduardo89
02-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Or I just have a strong work ethic and believe that you should give it your all when being paid to do a service.

Maybe you both have a strong work ethic, just Mexicans are much more talented that they are more effective and efficient at doing the same job as you so it might seem they work less, but they're just more productive.

Danke
02-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Maybe you both have a strong work ethic, just Mexicans are much more talented that they are more effective and efficient at doing the same job as you so it might seem they work less, but they're just more productive.

I knew eduardo would show up in this thread.

eduardo89
02-26-2014, 04:57 PM
I knew eduardo would show up in this thread.

I'm an efficient and effective poster.

Brian4Liberty
02-26-2014, 07:47 PM

Yep. Work harder. And smarter. And better educated. And have expertise that no Americans have.

(And work cheaper, but don't say that in front of voters.)

oyarde
02-27-2014, 12:47 AM

I have no talents really , maybe my Mexican does , I wil ask him tomorrow , funny , I never think of him as a Mexican , but he was born in Mexico City, his Dad is a dentist I think ....