PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 30th is in Miami Herald top stories!

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 09:00 AM
The truth is we have an incredible opportunity to get major press for Ron Paul today. Anyone who tells you any differently is 100% wrong.

http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/326421.html

disclaimer: I do apologize that they give me the credit. This is not how I speak about things with them. This is a group effort and my part was and has been small in all of this. If I ever get chance to get them to tell it like it is I'll make sure people know that. For some reason they like to pin it all on one person. It's a shame but bottom line is it gets Ron Paul in the news.. so it is what it is.

Additionally I’ve been in touch with ABCNews, CBSNews, Politico, Newsweek, LATimes, Chicago Tribune, Houston Chronical, MTVNews, VH1News and more. I've been promoting both drives. I tell them we want to break $12 million today and then have a huge day for the Tea Party.

They are watching and because they are we have a great opportunity to keep Ron Paul in the news all month long. If we don't do well today they will try to play Paul as a "one-hit wonder". Don't let that happen!

and don't believe ANYONE on these boards who says we aren't going to get major news for this. You can already see they don't know what they are talking about. Don't let them take this opportunity away from you!

We're also in USA Today.. and the drive has just barely started!!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-11-29-ron-paul_N.htm

TechnoGuyRob
11-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Excellent, Trevor. :)

[Admin -remove off-topic comment ]

jrich4rpaul
11-30-2007, 09:11 AM
This is solid proof that people can't hold out until the Tea Party. We don't need to go all in today, but we NEED to make the 12 mil because it WILL get coverage.

Thank you for posting this, Trevor.

Send an email to the TeaParty subscribers maybe?

me3
11-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Send an email to the TeaParty subscribers maybe?
Well, that would open a can of worms.

Everyone needs to get involved in this. A mass email, or Trevor alone can't do it.

Here are ways you can promote this today,

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44293

Naraku
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
If an e-mail was sent it would be best to advise them to give a small amount. With 20,000 subscribers telling them to donate $25 today if they can would bring in $500,000. Maybe, work it in with the 7 P.M. to 8 P.M. EST mini-bomb?

Seriously, small amounts in large numbers can get this done today, there just need to be the large numbers cause most people can give the small amounts without taking away from the Tea Party.

jrich4rpaul
11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
In all honesty, I don't think $25 donations will make the 2 million we need to raise today. Everyone who can give more, should.

bolidew
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
How about sending an email to the ThisNov5th subscribers?

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
The truth is we have an incredible opportunity to get major press for Ron Paul today. Anyone who tells you any differently is 100% wrong.

http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/326421.html

Trevor - this is the first picture of you I've seen. You look pretty young for someone who's getting close to 40 years old...

See folks - being a pro-Constitutionalist is good for your health.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2007/11/30/08/477-113007trevor.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

New advertising motto:
"Support Ron Paul and look years younger!"

:)

Naraku
11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
In all honesty, I don't think $25 donations will make the 2 million we need to raise today.

It could if enough people got on board with it. There's a lot of donors out there who can spare $25 today. However, it will take a lot of them. That's why I proposed the hour-long bomb because it's something a lot of people can do and it's something that gets people more energized!

However, in the end it only matters for today to succeed!

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Trevor - this is the first picture of you I've seen. You look pretty young for someone who's getting close to 40 years old...

See folks - being a pro-Constitutionalist is good for your health.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2007/11/30/08/477-113007trevor.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

New advertising motto:
"Support Ron Paul and look years younger!"

:)

It's a little older actually (2 years) - I've put on a few pounds :o but I'll lose them soon. :cool::D

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 10:12 AM
dam Trevor, excellent job!

I love how todays bomb only had 2000 or so pledges, but it's proving to be far more powerful than the nov 11th one... just goes to show ya... our support for the 16th is probably much much bigger than the pledges indicate :D

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry, and I am sure to catch hell for raising this again, but that article makes it sound like nobody did anything at all BUT Trevor???

OK, you can say I am jealous etc, but it just seems that by focusing on one person, it makes it seem less like a "movement" with many involved, and more like a single person who is some skilled money raiser...

In my mind, we want people to think there are tons of people involved in this....others join in when they see the excitement so many people have...these articles are getting horrible by giving only one person credit...this was the worst yet.

I also realize any publicity is good, but it doesn't make it sound like a "movement"...more like one single guy who is some master fundraiser who is so good he can even get longshot Ron Paul money.

Let the attacks begin, but that is exactly how the article reads to me...

Pedro TT
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I couldnt believe my eyes when I opened todays Miami Herald and I saw Trevors ugly mug staring back at me. LOL.

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I should also mention that I do thank Trevor for all his efforts....I just hate how the media makes it sound like only one person is doing anything...

Trevor, just sharing my frustration, not trying to attack you.

Someone said before that the media can't interview a "faceless mob" of people, so they need one person....and I also don't care that much if your own interests or career takes off from this...it happens, and more power to you. I just think the media takes away from the numbers by focusing on one person. As a matter of fact, I hope all of this DOES help you out in other aspects of your life...who wouldn't want that? We all would.

I truly believe you got into this just like we all did for one reason...freedom, liberty, and seeing Ron Paul become president....I just hate how the media works is all.

EvilNight
11-30-2007, 11:37 AM
1) Make $12M, get coverage this weekend and some next week.

2) Make over $10M on Dec 16th, get record setting story, major media blitz.

3) Media coverage gets us a good finish in Iowa, New Hampshire.

4) Wins get us more donors for another massive money bomb.

Then we can start the cycle again. I gotta agree with Trevor, we need to hit that $12M total today at all costs. We're throwing millions in free publicity down the drain if we don't do it.

So, think of today as a double-your-rewards super sale day on donations. Offer is only good until midnight!

Oyate
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
I just hate how the media makes it sound like only one person is doing anything...

My name is Trevor so I'm not all that displeased. It enhances the profile of all Trevors. I'm the Trevor from RestoreTheRepublic.com (where I publish under my pseudonym), I'm the Trevor that was Aaron Russo's director of technology AND I'm a Phoenix R3VOlUTIONARY. I mean, us Trevors are doing pretty good.

Anyone jealous just do something R3VOlUTIONARY and encourage like-named people to one-up you. Nobody is stopping anyone from doing a TomBomb or SallyRally. And for that matter, Ernie has brought the name Hancock into the revolution for the second time and you don't hear nobody complaining about that.

In fact, when you are a Phoenix R3VOlUTIONARY, people all tend to assume you are the one who came up with the R3VOlUTION tag. Nope, that was Ernie and D. Ghallager (currently in Philly). But that wasn't the point, never was. If it was, every sign would have "brought to you by Ernie and Dave". Instead, they put it in public domain for everyone.

But the funniest thing was hearing Ron Paul deny any participation in Nov5. "I think his name is....Klyman?" The interviewer had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHERE TO GO FROM THERE. You can tell it TOTALLY_RUINED whatever setup they had in mind.

Yeah, laugh it off. None of this is about our names. The media like to focus on individuals for that "human interest" factor and it's a great thing for us. It shows "we're not just the internet". It will encourage people by reminding them what the power of the individual is. And if you are shy and don't like the spotlight, just tell them "Trevor did it".

And there you go. You can be an honorary Trevor. A "TR3VOlUTIONARY".

Lighten up folks. Have a good time with it. As we say in Arizona, "if you aren't having fun you're not doing it right".

mconder
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM
If it fails, Paul runs the risk of being dismissed as a one-hit wonder, especially since his online popularity has barely surfaced in the polls.

This really worries me.

USCisCarolina
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Don't worry guys.

The media have already dismissed RP's campaign but you know what... we are raising a lot of money for the campaign today and on Dec. 16th we will blow the other candidates away.

The (real) revolution has just begun. People are just now really starting to take interest in this election with the primaries looming.

The money is the reason people are starting to get the message. Don't give up on the hope of freedom, ever.

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
This what I mean...from this story.

Trevor Lyman is an unlikely political mastermind:

On Nov. 5, Lyman helped raise $4.2 million online for Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, laying claim to the most money collected by a campaign over the Internet in a single day.

Lyman is ready to do it again

Trevor Lyman has raised millions for Ron Paul.

Lyman planned to drop a second ''money bomb'' on Dec. 15 and 16, Bill of Rights Day and the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, tapping into the Libertarian spirit that infuses Paul's politics.

Lyman is also raising money for a Ron Paul blimp, another surefire publicity stunt.

Change all the Lymans to "Ron Paul supporters....it is then correct. This is a movement about freedom and liberty correct? Not about a single "political mastermind" who made a website?

Heather in WI
11-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I was so proud of you when I read this today!!!! You rock ... Anyone who tells you any differently is 100% wrong. :-0

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
The article doesn't say a single thing about Ron paul....who exactly is being promoted? There is NOT one single sentence having to do with anything about the message or Ron Pauls views on anything...

We do know he is in promotions, and this sure is a great way to further his career....but where is there a single mention at all in any form of anything having to do with Ron Paul or the message of freedom and liberty??

Who is being promoted here in this article?

Doc Dewey
11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't you know Trevor is that Paulbot that has been spamming from his
basement lair and faking donations. The media has to focus on one peson,
otherwise it would seem we have a movement here. Can't have that!

My thanks and appreciation to Trevor for creating a focal point that we all
can concentrate on and go viral, rather than a mish mash of dozens of
disorganized fund drives. If he gets some kudos, so what, I can't use them.
I sure could use a country not headed to the fourth reich.

Go Ron Paul

reaver
11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
thats crazy. crazy just crazy crazy.