PDA

View Full Version : Political Establishment Community Believes Brannon Should Drop Out

AuH20
02-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Hmmm. They seem to be salivating over the civil lawsuit findings.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/20/3638936/morning-memo-greg-brannon-joins.html

It came a day after a jury verdict questioned his integrity and financial management and put a dent in his political prospects.

“I think its a pretty tough blow for Brannon,” said Carter Wrenn, a prominent Republican consultant. “He’s been trying to get a little traction and trying to become the credible alternative to (Thom) Tillis and this sort of knocks his knees out from under him.”

In conversations with more than a dozen North Carolina political analysts and operatives, the consensus questioned Brannon’s decision to even file, saying it could hurt his chances and possibly the Republican Party’s bid to unseat Democrat Kay Hagan.

“Two words: It’s fatal,” said Democratic consultant Gary Pearce. “A jury found him guilty of misleading investors. How can he convince voters to trust him? The negative ad writes itself.”

The winner from the ordeal, analysts say, is Tillis – the front-runner and House speaker. The other tea party-themed candidates don’t seem able to capitalize on Brannon’s setback.

If the other candidate can’t undercut Brannon, another school of thought suggests the first-time candidate can overcome his early campaign troubles, whether the jury verdict, his website plagiarism or his unpaid tax bill.

Mr.NoSmile
02-26-2014, 01:45 PM
What I don't see are reasons that make Tillis the viable candidate. Yes, Brannon isn't perfect and this case doesn't exactly help him, but he's at least well versed in the Constitution, among other things.

johndeal
02-26-2014, 02:32 PM
This won't hurt him very much if at all. And any republican can beat Hagan if they play their cards right.

gnuschler
02-26-2014, 02:36 PM
This won't hurt him very much if at all.

I wish I shared your optimism ... the likelihood of getting SCF or CFG involved would seem remote!

johndeal
02-26-2014, 03:29 PM
I wish I shared your optimism ... the likelihood of getting SCF or CFG involved would seem remote!

SCF and CFG weren't coming anyway. It's only a month til vote by mail begins for the primary so I'm not sure it matters. Tillis won't win a runoff if he doesn't get 40%. All Brannon has to do is beat the others and I think he'll get the nomination.

CaseyJones
02-26-2014, 03:43 PM
And NOW for THE REST of the story … on the Brannon lawsuit

http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7230

aclove
02-26-2014, 03:50 PM
BREAKING NEWS: PROFESSIONAL POLITICAL CONSULTANTS THINK TEA PARTY CANDIDATE SHOULDN'T RUN.

Yawn.

Working Poor
02-26-2014, 03:57 PM
It looks like republicans have started the campaign against him. The republican establishment may not have the majority of the voters but they still have all the power in the party. I hope he makes it but I won't hold my breath....

Oldsouljer
02-26-2014, 07:55 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You wanna run for office? Win or lose, expect to emerge bloody. No way was Brannon not going to take hits if he began to look like a contender. Is it "fatal" as the above quoted Democrat puke says? Comes down to whether or not Brannon's present support deserts him. He has strategically laid down local support groups all over the state for the last 18 months who are ready to work the polls on and before May 6th.

devil21
02-26-2014, 08:32 PM
And NOW for THE REST of the story … on the Brannon lawsuit

http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7230

Bump for good info in link. According to this link, only 2 of the 15 investors filed a lawsuit alleging fraud. Who wants to bet Tillis is friendly with the judge and possibly Mr. Lampuri's family business that builds a lot of jails in NC? Whole thing stinks but I don't think it'll matter too much in the race.

philipped
02-27-2014, 07:26 AM
GOP establishment on the move.

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2014, 11:18 AM
What I don't see are reasons that make Tillis the viable candidate. Yes, Brannon isn't perfect and this case doesn't exactly help him, but he's at least well versed in the Constitution, among other things.

Tillis is nothing but scandals, yet you don't see the media saying that he should drop out. Just like Jeb Bush and all of the other establishment shills. The media tells people how to think, and the ignorant sheep go right along with it.

osan
02-27-2014, 11:25 AM
This won't hurt him very much if at all. And any republican can beat Hagan if they play their cards right.

I am not sure hw it is you reach this conclusion. Opponents will hammer him with negative ads, which is very effective. A great plurality of Americans, stoopid as they may otherwise be, are sick and tired of corruption of any stripe. Not sick enough, mind you, to actuall do something about it, but certainly sufficiently so to vote otherwise.

One must never make the mistake of assessing the meaner as rational. This nation's grand voting bloc put that lunatic in for a second term, unless we are going to establish voting fraud, which would also not surprise me in the least. This alone should be enough to educate anyone on the truer nature of American voters. They may be "nice", but they are idiots.

EDIT:

OK, I just read about the nature of the suit. Hack job, apparently, but that may not matter. What counts is what people believe and much of their belief is formed by the attack ads. Why? Because people are stoopid. They are stoopid because they are too lazy to think for themselves and too apathetic to care enough to do some research. The ads come at them with no discernible direct cost to them. They don't have to get out of their chairs. They can merely stay put and be spoon fed whosever nonsense comes across their so-called "consciousness" (talk about stretching credulity). This is easy and relatively painless for people who abhor intellect and the demands it places on the individual. For the meaner it is as easy to accept one line of shit as another. It beats the hell out of straining one's balls to think and care about things not worth caring enough about to actually do so.

RandallFan
02-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Hagan is to the right of Tillis on immigration. I dont think she ever over-rode an executive's veto on an amnesty bill.

If Tillis wins the primary I hope Hagan wins and there is a strong bench to primary Burr.

RandallFan
03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
They don't want Tillis in a runoff with anyone. Tillis's support for Obamacare and rewarding illegal aliens will help Kay Hagan.

http://www.news-record.com/news/local_news/article_3bc09fc2-15b6-11e3-b107-001a4bcf6878.html

Gov. Pat McCrory on Wednesday accused unnamed High Point manufacturers of pushing for a loophole in state law so they can hire illegal immigrants instead of American citizens.