PDA

View Full Version : Liberal/Conservative Bias

AlexMerced
11-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey Guys,

I was thinking about it, it wasn't just Paul who got scred by CNN, but all the candidates except Huckabee, here is my logic. There are two biases against Paul, in this debate we saw the liberal bias.

- The Liberal Bias: The Liberal Media wants to push Paul into a 3rd party run with the idea that this will gaurantee them the win, which is why the question is always posed on MSNBC and CNN, relatively not not mentioned on FOX. The Liberal media does not want Paul to win the nod cause it would unit ehis supporters with the republican base which would mean they'd actually have competition. What they don't realize, Ron paul draws from both sides heavily and would hurt them just as much if running independant. I'd expect CNN and MSNBC to wholeheartedly embrace an indpendant run of Paul, which might make a independant run very strong idea.

- The Conservative Bias: These guys just want Paul out of the picture, not cause they really hate Paul, but cause they don't think he can win the nod, and fear if they let his support get to big it'll launch him into an independant run. These guys marginalize paul for the opposite reason, to keep him from running independant by attempting to kill the grassroots, which efforts have only embolden and strngthened the grassroots. This bias will only support Ron Paul only if he wins the nomination, and only then.

CNN and MSNBC have been really nice to Huckabee cause of his pretty much liberal viewpoints that would make him the lesser of evils in the eye of the liberals. I have talked to many of my liberal friends, and they feel the same way... which BAFFLES ME!!!!

So basically this is the conflict in the media that keeps him out of the media, or in hit pieces. Everyone knows Ron Paul is the X-Factor and are trying to influence how this factor will play a role in the elections. Unfortunate for them, the grassroots has held strong, and Ron Paul has been good outmaneuvering them every step of the way.

AlexMerced
11-30-2007, 09:58 AM
No ones got any thoughts on this perspective?

AlexMerced
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
bump

steph3n
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
We must step up and stop letting people label and bring wedge issues that stop discussion of real issues

FreeTraveler
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Liberals = Democrats = "Mommy" Party - don't smoke, eat your veggies, be nice to people.
Conservatives = Republicans = "Daddy" Party - get a good job, work hard, don't let anybody push you around (except the gov't goons).

RON PAUL = The "Uncle" Candidate - it's your life, don't make stupid decisions... but I'm not gonna tell you what to do!

They want you to think it's about left vs. right, that leaves out the most important direction... up and down, more or less government.

Take the Nolan Chart Quiz at http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html and you'll see what I mean. 10 questions, takes about a minute to answer them.

My PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
My ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%.

Broadlighter
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
I've thought about this media bias against Ron Paul and I've concluded that it really isn't anything personal. People agree and disagree over issues and that's okay, but the egos who run the networks or buy the ad time have their own agenda. They enjoy the power they have to influence the electorate.

The funny thing about it is that no one is really any wiser than anyone else. The media guys may have the technical levers to influence the outcome of the elections, but they are not really any smarter or more moral than the grass-roots people.

The advantage they have is that they can get their message across to more people faster, but it's limited by filters of time and space. However, the grass-roots has the advantage of communicating more directly, personally and virally with people.

Our momentum challenges their security and relevance.

AlexMerced
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I agree, I don't think it's really out of hate/dislike for Paul but more to exploit his position in this election as the X-Factor, though the more I watch all the media clips with RP, the more I see patterns that point out the Agendas I mentioned above.

Not saying a conspiracy, just some organized exploitation :)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-30-2007, 05:15 PM
- The Conservative Bias: These guys just want Paul out of the picture, not cause they really hate Paul, but cause they don't think he can win the nod, and fear if they let his support get to big it'll launch him into an independant run.

I think they don't want him in the picture because it exposes the idiocy of the other candidates.

Think about it. What would this primary look like without someone like Paul running?

It would be another election where the choices are snake1, snake2, and snake3 versus snake1, snake2 and snake3 on the other side.

Enter someone like Paul who has a 10 term track record of doing what he says he'll do. It makes them all look bad.

If Paul doesn't win, this is the end of it for most Paul supporters. He's not a great public speaker. His ideas aren't new. He's where he is now because he has a track record to prove that he believes what he says. I don't think anyone can fill those shoes in a later cycle. Sure, there will be liars who try to, but they will be fake, fake, fake, and the same people who have supported Paul will easily see it.

JAYCEE
11-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Huckleberry Hound is the new John McCain.

Ask yourself this: why would the pro-abortion media support a "pro-life conservative" like Huckster? The Huckster, like John McCain, is a filthy, stinking liberal.

Futurity
11-30-2007, 05:48 PM
The mass media is not liberal nor conservative

It is CORPORATE.

Huckabee was supported by mass media because it was decided that he would be next corporate republican candidate for president.

AlexMerced
12-01-2007, 08:50 AM
You'd think they'd support ROn Paul then, he is great for ratings, and a teaparty countdown woul dbe huge ratings.

Futurity
12-01-2007, 09:35 AM
You'd think they'd support ROn Paul then, he is great for ratings, and a teaparty countdown woul dbe huge ratings.

Corporate president > ratings.

I think the most of the money is where government contracts are.

user
12-01-2007, 09:43 AM
I think they all have a pro-Establishment bias. Some like FAUX are just less subtle about it. This is why they're all against RP.