PDA

View Full Version : Snowden releases the intelligence agency guide to internet shilling

devil21
02-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Interesting reading but leave it to gov'ts to make fancy powerpoints to explain how to manipulate human nature.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-24/conspiracy-theory-true-agents-infiltrate-websites-intending-manipulate-deceive-and-d

Petar
02-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Zippyjuan told me that this can't be accurate though.

AuH20
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Posted by a reader at Zerohedge:

Sorry I don't have a link, but a couple years ago, a guy apologized on godlikeproductions and Abovetopsecret.com and some other sites, stating he had been posting on their sites for a while under various fake names for a company that was paid to manipulate online comments and forums. He joined this company that would frequently change their name from one innocuous name, like TechInternational, or something, to another and moved from one anonymous office to another. There, he was handed a binder of arguments and counterarguments that dealt with one subject or another. His first account, for example, was Israel. He didn't know anything about it-he was sort of apolitical, but he learned a lot doing the job and mastered the discourse well enough to be promoted to other accounts. He would read comments, post counter-arguments and manipulative comments to guide the conversation and put out the propaganda. He apologized for his work, having become politically aware in the process of diverting the conversations online. Fascinating reading.

devil21
02-25-2014, 10:47 PM
^^^^^
That's the shill link in my sig.

fr33
02-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Posted by a reader at Zerohedge:

The link to that on ATS was posted here too. I remember reading it.

CPUd
02-25-2014, 11:13 PM
^^^^^
That's the shill link in my sig.

I think the guy who wrote that eventually came back to the forum and admitted it was BS.

"SkepticGuy" from this link is the owner of ATS:
http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=8951623&postcount=45

devil21
02-25-2014, 11:22 PM
I think the guy who wrote that eventually came back to the forum and admitted it was BS.

Doubtful but I don't see the point of saying it's bs, since there are documented instances of shill software breaking on forums and exposing how it works. Snowden's release is just the latest confirmation.

Here's one of the better explanations: http://www.insanemedia.net/forum-shill-gets-busted-ats-and-glp-censor-n-7015a/2924

In a nutshell, paid shills sit at computers with "social media management software" installed. One person can rotate quickly between multiple user IDs and IP addresses and post repeatedly on websites like this one to give the impression of a consensus when none exists or to direct content the direction the shill wants or to take over important subforums that are at odds with the shill's agenda. We have some here at RPF but they're fairly obvious imho.
----------

eta: Regarding your edit about skepticguy/skepticoverlord, one thing to consider about websites like ats/glp/infowars/etc is that the owners of the site recognize that shilling makes a large part of their traffic and therefore their ad revenue. It's in the best interest of the site owner to allow it and cover it up, lest their site loses large amounts of traffic ($$$) due to loss of shill traffic and loss of organic content from non-shills that take their traffic elsewhere.

HOLLYWOOD
02-25-2014, 11:45 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2014/02/deception_p47.png

CPUd
02-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Doubtful but I don't see the point of saying it's bs, since there are documented instances of shill software breaking on forums and exposing how it works. Snowden's release is just the latest confirmation.

Here's one of the better explanations: http://www.insanemedia.net/forum-shill-gets-busted-ats-and-glp-censor-n-7015a/2924

In a nutshell, paid shills sit at computers with "social media management software" installed. One person can rotate quickly between multiple user IDs and IP addresses and post repeatedly on websites like this one to give the impression of a consensus when none exists or to direct content the direction the shill wants or to take over important subforums that are at odds with the shill's agenda. We have some here at RPF but they're fairly obvious imho.

I meant that particular post you have in your sig was BS, I know there are groups who work message boards. They typically won't call themselves 'shills'.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-26-2014, 01:23 AM
Here is more on the topic from Greenwalds new website.... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444935-How-Covert-Agents-Infiltrate-the-Internet-to-Manipulate-Deceive-and-Destroy-Reputations

Cap
02-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Zippyjuan told me that this can't be accurate though.Did he call you batshit crazy also? Or was that somebody else?

parocks
02-26-2014, 01:54 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2014/02/deception_p47.png

Where can I see detail about how this works? What I've seen is vague. I'd like to see something concrete. An example.

What is "infiltration operation"? What would be an example of this?

compromise
02-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Paid internet shills do not exist.

Natural Citizen
02-26-2014, 02:17 PM

I like to use the term "invested". Not paid. Only because you'll see more corporate shills attacking popular/trending opinion in places like this than what is referenced in the op. We have some too. You can spot them from a mile away.

compromise
02-26-2014, 02:25 PM
I like to use the term "invested". Not paid. Only because you'll see more corporate shills attacking popular/trending opinion in places like this than what is referenced in the op. We have some too. You can spot them from a mile away.

I was unable to spot any.

Natural Citizen
02-26-2014, 02:31 PM

You have to whistle. They'll come. :)

DFF
02-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Zippyjuan told me that this can't be accurate though.

LOL..rep coming.

Cap
02-26-2014, 03:15 PM
I was unable to spot any.Don't you guys use the same time clock? :D

ZENemy
02-26-2014, 03:17 PM
This looks like an effort to divide the movement further.

"Anyone and everyone may or may not be a government agent, so you must fight and argue with everyone and every idea"

Root
02-26-2014, 03:34 PM
I wonder of Snowden has their usernames. I betcha he does.

devil21
02-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Where can I see detail about how this works? What I've seen is vague. I'd like to see something concrete. An example.

I agree but imho it's why we're only seeing 1% of the info that Snowden and Greenwald claim to have. They're letting out the big picture info while suppressing the damning specifics. Most people will ignore this sort of information until they find out that YES your favorite forum/website has imbedded gov't bots sucking up everything you type, your visiting habits, cookies, etc. That is the sort of stuff that will not be released.

What is "infiltration operation"? What would be an example of this?

I figured that list was somewhat self explanatory though it is mostly military terminology. These can all be done on very large scales (shooting wars) or on very small scales like websites or anything in between. The principles of manipulation apply regardless of target or scale.

Infiltration Operation is something like implanting agents into a forum (moderators?) or a real world situation of putting a CIA agent into a newsroom to plant fake stories or to spike damaging ones.

Ruse Operation is a planned hoax. Some that think no one died at the school would consider Sandy Hook to be of this variety.

Set Piece Operation is a large scale planned and executed military maneuver. It involves staging assets in advance and mobilizing all assets at the same time. Think WW2. Same principle can apply in smaller, non-shooting-war situations. Basically just a well financed and coordinated attack on whatever the target is.

False Flag Operation should be entirely clear by now. Could be a Gulf of Tonkin episode or could be something like attributing a hacker attack to the Russians when it was Anonymous.

False Rescue Operation is something akin to "Liberate the Iraqis from evil Saddam". Could also be something as small as shutting down a website to "protect" people from evil conspiracy theories.

Disruption Operation is self explanatory. Trolls that derail threads are a basic net example. Ukraine's problems would be a large scale example.

Sting Operation is setting someone or a group up with an outcome that is already predetermined. Stuff like the threads found here about ATF setting up mentally challenged people in gun running just to turn around and arrest them.

In the end it's all military strategy terminology.

FloralScent
02-26-2014, 05:36 PM

You'll need a mirror.

parocks
02-26-2014, 05:51 PM
I agree but imho it's why we're only seeing 1% of the info that Snowden and Greenwald claim to have. They're letting out the big picture info while suppressing the damning specifics. Most people will ignore this sort of information until they find out that YES your favorite forum/website has imbedded gov't bots sucking up everything you type, your visiting habits, cookies, etc. That is the sort of stuff that will not be released.

I figured that list was somewhat self explanatory though it is mostly military terminology. These can all be done on very large scales (shooting wars) or on very small scales like websites or anything in between. The principles of manipulation apply regardless of target or scale.

Infiltration Operation is something like implanting agents into a forum (moderators?) or a real world situation of putting a CIA agent into a newsroom to plant fake stories or to spike damaging ones.

Ruse Operation is a planned hoax. Some that think no one died at the school would consider Sandy Hook to be of this variety.

Set Piece Operation is a large scale planned and executed military maneuver. It involves staging assets in advance and mobilizing all assets at the same time. Think WW2. Same principle can apply in smaller, non-shooting-war situations. Basically just a well financed and coordinated attack on whatever the target is.

False Flag Operation should be entirely clear by now. Could be a Gulf of Tonkin episode or could be something like attributing a hacker attack to the Russians when it was Anonymous.

False Rescue Operation is something akin to "Liberate the Iraqis from evil Saddam". Could also be something as small as shutting down a website to "protect" people from evil conspiracy theories.

Disruption Operation is self explanatory. Trolls that derail threads are a basic net example. Ukraine's problems would be a large scale example.

Sting Operation is setting someone or a group up with an outcome that is already predetermined. Stuff like the threads found here about ATF setting up mentally challenged people in gun running just to turn around and arrest them.

In the end it's all military strategy terminology.

I know what false flag is, I know of USS Liberty or Gulf of Tonkin.

And I know they do it, I'm not denying they do it. And I'm not looking for proof they do it, for me. I want to be able to say = this is exactly what they did.

It really really pisses me off that they do this. There are few things that piss me off more. I don't want to be arguing with people who are paid to argue with me.

I want to know about the specifics of "internet shilling". When Israel attacked a US warship in 1967 and blamed in on their own enemies, that's false flag. I want specifics of internet shilling. Internet shilling is in the subject.

devil21
02-26-2014, 06:02 PM
I know what false flag is, I know of USS Liberty or Gulf of Tonkin.

And I know they do it, I'm not denying they do it. And I'm not looking for proof they do it, for me. I want to be able to say = this is exactly what they did.

It really really pisses me off that they do this. There are few things that piss me off more. I don't want to be arguing with people who are paid to argue with me.

I want to know about the specifics of "internet shilling". When Israel attacked a US warship in 1967 and blamed in on their own enemies, that's false flag. I want specifics of internet shilling. Internet shilling is in the subject.

I doubt we'll see many specific examples released for public consumption so you have to use discernment and an understanding of the tactics (the list above) to see the examples for yourself as you come across them. If I pointed out examples that take place on this forum I'd risk being banned so I won't do that. Sorry to disappoint you.

compromise
02-26-2014, 06:06 PM
You'll need a mirror.

Link me the mirror?

acptulsa
02-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Link me the mirror?

Glenn Beck is a much better IMO.

Yer such a tool. :p

devil21
02-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Interesting insight on Snowden and his releases in the link. His story has seemed too fantastical to be entirely true and everything released should be looked at with the "qui bono?", including this release. There's no denying that paid shills of various forms are real. Heck, I know a girl that maintains a ton of fake Twitter accounts as a business marketing venture. The key is to not fall into the trap that ZEnemy posted above and to not let paranoia take control of you. It does seem that paranoia is being intentionally sown with many of Snowden's releases.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/18/309609/how-to-identify-cia-limited-hangout-op/

parocks
02-26-2014, 08:02 PM
I doubt we'll see many specific examples released for public consumption so you have to use discernment and an understanding of the tactics (the list above) to see the examples for yourself as you come across them. If I pointed out examples that take place on this forum I'd risk being banned so I won't do that. Sorry to disappoint you.

How about on another message board. The idea that the US Government is paying people to post on the internet really pisses me off. I'm not saying I have doubts, I just would like to go on a message board and say "you sound like x. Read this link to y." Taking our money and using to pay people to go on the internet to explain why the government really needs to take our money. I really hate that. I really want that to stop. But anybody doing that. Government or private.

In sports, if you want a team to suck, for whatever reason, you pay people to go on message boards and relentlessly attack the players you want fans to hate. You get
fans to boo good players.

I just would like to see as much evidence that this is happening, so I can battle on the internet using that information.

Recently, I have noticed things getting worse, there seems to be more of those things.

I can say that what looks a heck of a lot like Government spies are very high up in the Ron Paul hierachy in Maine. I've mentioned that before. Things are just getting awful.

The "feel" is that they're taking our money, and just fking with everything. What specifically are we talking about? I want to see more documentation and specifics. I want to know what they're doing so I can say "stop doing that". It's just horrible.

parocks
02-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Interesting insight on Snowden and his releases in the link. His story has seemed too fantastical to be entirely true and everything released should be looked at with the "qui bono?", including this release. There's no denying that paid shills of various forms are real. Heck, I know a girl that maintains a ton of fake Twitter accounts as a business marketing venture. The key is to not fall into the trap that ZEnemy posted above and to not let paranoia take control of you. It does seem that paranoia is being intentionally sown with many of Snowden's releases.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/18/309609/how-to-identify-cia-limited-hangout-op/

Having a ton of fake Twitter accounts isn't what we're talking about. She's like an entrepreneur of sorts. Spammers have been around since the first days of the internet.

We're talking about people paying someone else, or a number of other people, in order to influence outcomes. I see it all over the place and I want it to stop, and before it stops it would have to be known what is happening.

devil21
02-26-2014, 08:39 PM
I wish I could help you more parocks but it's just not possible to repackage years of reading, research and descriptions of innate personality traits (the last being a big reason some "get it" but most don't) into a couple posts.

A comment from the presstv link that sums it up well:

The way the American people are being played in their own country by their own so called leaders is beyond belief. It's to much to comprehend. The layers of deception are themselves so multifaceted as to make it virtually impossible to get even a rudimentary grasp on, well, reality.

angelatc
02-26-2014, 08:47 PM

If you think that vaccines are safe and effective, you might be a corporate shill.

If you think GMOs are safe, you might be a corporate shill.

If you cant produce a lick of truth to support your opinions, you might be able to spot corporate shills, too.

Zippyjuan
02-26-2014, 08:52 PM
This is shilling:
http://www.predecimal.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/shilling1965s.jpg&w=855&h=436&page=popup
http://www.predecimal.com/1965-scottish-shilling-p-775.html

VoluntaryAmerican
02-26-2014, 09:05 PM
bump and 5 starred... hope someone has more insight on the psychology behind the slides shown... went over my head.

CPUd
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Having a ton of fake Twitter accounts isn't what we're talking about. She's like an entrepreneur of sorts. Spammers have been around since the first days of the internet.

We're talking about people paying someone else, or a number of other people, in order to influence outcomes. I see it all over the place and I want it to stop, and before it stops it would have to be known what is happening.

Start here:
https://www.cs.drexel.edu/~sa499/papers/adversarial_stylometry.pdf

gwax23
02-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Great, now everyone on these forums will be paranoid and accusing anyone who disagrees on this or that of being a paid shill.

CPUd
02-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Great, now everyone on these forums will be paranoid and accusing anyone who disagrees on this or that of being a paid shill.

This sounds exactly like something a paid internet shill would say.

gwax23
02-26-2014, 10:07 PM
This sounds exactly like something a paid internet shill would say.

Dun dun dun

Reason
02-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Wait...

I could have been getting paid to troll all this time!>!>!>?!?!?!?!

muh_roads
02-26-2014, 11:54 PM
When do we get to fire these welfare queens?

compromise
02-27-2014, 11:25 AM

That is because there are no examples. You are either delusional, or you have forgotten that there are no examples. Please remember that there are no examples of paid shills on Ron Paul Forums.

Kelly.
02-27-2014, 11:43 AM
If you think that vaccines are safe and effective, you might be a corporate shill.

If you think GMOs are safe, you might be a corporate shill.

If you cant produce a lick of truth to support your opinions, you might be able to spot corporate shills, too.
damn, you beat me to it.
i was gonna say the opposite....

:D

oyarde
02-27-2014, 11:47 AM

At this point I do not know that it matters , people probably just take the money and do little work as is typical with FBI pd informants .....

ronpaulhawaii
02-27-2014, 12:34 PM
http://mandatemedia.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/16/blogattack.jpg (http://www.ocfelections.com/Public%20Records/2006%20CTRs/Baptiste/Cover/01-10-06/06Baptiste_01_10_06.PDF)

Deborah K
02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
http://mandatemedia.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/16/blogattack.jpg (http://www.ocfelections.com/Public%20Records/2006%20CTRs/Baptiste/Cover/01-10-06/06Baptiste_01_10_06.PDF)

LOL!! Awesome find, Michael!

ronpaulhawaii
02-27-2014, 12:39 PM
LOL!! Awesome find, Michael!

Did you try clicking the pic? ;)

Deborah K
02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
WTF????

ronpaulhawaii
02-27-2014, 12:51 PM
WTF????

It at least proves that the firm mentioned in the ad existed, and got paid for "public relations" by politicians...

I think the existence of paid trolls on the internet is a given, and I doubt the principles in the above firm would have abandoned the field willingly. Probably morphed, imho

DamianTV
02-28-2014, 05:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HUWnGXAfabA

Video version of the story...

CPUd
02-28-2014, 06:45 AM

http://i.imgur.com/gkVbTh0.jpg

FloralScent
02-28-2014, 07:38 AM
That is because there are no examples. You are either delusional, or you have forgotten that there are no examples. Please remember that there are no examples of paid shills on Ron Paul Forums.

Thou doth protest too much.

FloralScent
02-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Thou doth protest too much.

The negative rep comment I just received from compromise for the above post.

You can have a free subscription to The Blaze if you stop talking about this issue.

bizarre...

FindLiberty
02-28-2014, 09:54 AM
http://www.navy.com/careers/information-and-technology/information-warfare.html

Work Environment

Information Warfare Officers serve in challenging roles of increasing scope and responsibility both afloat and ashore. This often includes an initial assignment serving at one of the National Security Agency Cryptologic Centers and typically involves rotations between sea, shore and educational tours. Settings could also include service aboard ships, submarines and aircraft, in support of Naval Special Warfare, anywhere from the National Security Agency to the Pentagon.

Qualifications

A four-year degree is required to work as an Information Warfare Officer. Candidates seeking an Officer position in this community must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a technical field, preferably in areas of study related to math, computer science and engineering.

All candidates must also be U.S. citizens willing to serve worldwide and eligible for a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security clearance.

After the Navy

The specialized training and expertise you gain as an Information Warfare Officer, coupled with your security clearance, may prepare you for a wide range of job opportunities available within the U.S. Intelligence Community, including future employment with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) or National Security Agency (NSA).

Other career opportunities in the civilian sector include work as Computer and Information Systems Managers, Computer Systems Analysts, Database Administrators, Management Analysts, and Network and Computer Systems Administrators.

Athan
02-28-2014, 10:11 AM
I think the Daily Paul is being targeted. The posting quality is far different than it was when we were being effective in primaries in 2012. It feels like there are a lot of shills targeting it. One of the most effective websites that aggressively attacks shills is /pol/ on 4chan. I would go there a year back and many they were on top of these tactics. The place is full of b.s. now, but I learned how to spot these tactics from their postings and rantings.

compromise
02-28-2014, 01:32 PM
bizarre...
What a ludicrous allegation.

You know that paid shills are not present on the Ron Paul Forums. You have either forgotten, or you are lying. Please reconsider your opinion.

Christopher A. Brown
02-28-2014, 05:14 PM
I saw that, but I'm way ahead of snowden with a method to detect and block. As soon as I actually tried to use it on a suspect site, I was banned. Then pre banned at 2 more just for registering. The first site that banned has re-arranged threads, removed posts trying to cover up.

http://patriotaction.net/forum/topics/if-there-was-a-way-to-detect-and-block-cognitive-infiltration-of

FloralScent
02-28-2014, 05:27 PM

Christopher A. Brown
02-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Wait...

I could have been getting paid to troll all this time!>!>!>?!?!?!?!

The term "troll" was introduced so that traitors could be assh*les instead of traitors thus enabled to continue promoting treason.

Christopher A. Brown
02-28-2014, 09:27 PM

The use of cognitive distortions to cause distrust is the tactic of cognitive infiltration. This is not an accusation.

Understand that media for at least 40 years through; sitcoms, dramas, soap operas, game shows etc., has been using semiotics to reinforce the misconception that cognitive distortions can be used for functional communication useful for critical thinking. Not so.

The list of cognitive distortions used by cognitive therapists can be used by a covert group pretending to agree on information that is false, or irrelevant. Doing so either misleads, or distracts and the distortions implemented can badly impair viewers from detecting, cogniting the true situation.

All the infiltration of government has to do is to prevent sincere Americans from engaging information useful in stopping the agenda of the infiltration. Anything will do. However, stuff that appears to have relevance works better. Here is the list of cognitive distortions.

COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS

1. All or nothing thinking: Things are placed in black or white categories. If things are less than perfect self is viewed as failure.
2. Over generalization: Single event is viewed as continuous failure.
3. Mental filter: Details in life (positive or negative) are amplified in importance while opposite is rejected.
4. Minimizing: Perceiving one or opposite experiences (positive or negative) as absolute and maintaining singularity of belief to one or the other.
5. Mind reading: One absolutely concludes that others are reacting positively or negatively without investigating reality.
6. Fortune Telling: Based on previous 5 distortions, anticipation of negative or positive outcome of situations is established
7. Catastrophizing: Exaggerated importance of self's failures and others successes.
8. Emotional reasoning: One feels as though emotional state IS reality of situation.
9. "Should" statements: Self imposed rules about behavior creating guilt at self inability to adhere and anger at others in their inability to conform to self's rules.
10. Labeling: Instead of understanding errors over generalization is applied.
11. Personalization: Thinking that the actions or statements of others are a reaction to you.
12. Entitlement: Believing that you deserve things you have not earned.

Your post has quite a few.

Great [minimizing], now everyone[all or nothing thinking] on these forums will be paranoid [minimizing] and accusing [emotional reasoning] anyone [all or nothing thinking, generalizing] who disagrees on this or that of being a paid shill.

Christopher A. Brown
02-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Please remember that there are no examples of paid shills on Ron Paul Forums.

If cognitive infiltration has been successful, people can be very mislead and develop then spread misinformation which impairs defense of the constitution. A group which has passed a logical test, doing something an infiltrator would never do, such as answering, understanding and accepting A) from this post, is an American that can be trusted. Those that will not cannot be trusted. Here is an example from here. We need to form a group that tests such users.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444637-Georgia-House-approves-Article-V-convention&p=5433668&viewfull=1#post5433668

In fact, online activism is not going to amount to sh*t if we do not develop and utilize effective method to detect and block cognitive infiltration. The method linked there, also has a link to another forum which has other links to a forum where the method is demonstrated.

fr33
02-28-2014, 09:42 PM

You know that paid shills are not present on the Ron Paul Forums. You have either forgotten, or you are lying. Please reconsider your opinion.

How could one "know" that? Do you know more about all of the people that post here than just the content that they post?

BTW, you still in London? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?426567-Will-you-primary-your-Congressman-woman&p=5212420&viewfull=1#post5212420

Zippyjuan
02-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a job for Internet Troll Hunter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9aZynQj9Ck

HOLLYWOOD
02-28-2014, 10:33 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/Collactivelogo.jpg

Collactive's main product was a system designed to influence ratings on key sites which measure the popularity of items on the Internet. The system had two main components, the APB component that allows an individual to create and distribute a "call for action" webpage, and the "Web Assistant", that, when installed on a user's computer, helped APB participants by automating the process of logging in, voting or commenting according to the previously created APB. its earlier Blue Service Team-released Blue Frog (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Frog#Accusations_of_being_malware), Collactive's software was accused of being unethical.

In July 2009, it was announced that the Israeli Foreign Ministry would assemble an "internet warfare" squad to spread a pro-Israel message on various websites, with funding (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collactive#cite_note-1)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bb/Dotztag.jpg

DamianTV
03-01-2014, 02:41 AM
I wish the Govt Budget were Emo so it would cut itself...

(parody of "I wish my lawn were Emo so it would cut itself"...)

Mini-Me
03-19-2014, 03:13 AM

bizarre...
That's bizarre enough for a bump.

I know "there are no trolls here, only troll behavior," but one of you is outright lying here over something rather important. Which one is it?

The nature of the thread gives me the willies, especially after reading this revelation which basically indicated GodLikeProductions and AboveTopSecret staff are complicit in covering up the activity of an actual shill who made a mistake with "forum management" software that led to copy/pasting references to CIA/NCS training material:
http://www.insanemedia.net/forum-shill-gets-busted-ats-and-glp-censor-n-7015a/2924
So, just how common is this? Many of us have long assumed that shills, infiltrators, disruptors, agent provocateurs, etc. have long been on this site and pretty much any other site of value (alongside unaffiliated trolls). Given the CIA's immense budget on and off the books, and given their goal of "full spectrum dominance," it would be ludicrous to think they aren't getting anything accomplished or that their presence is negligible, especially in light of Snowden's revelations and the smoking gun at the link above.

This is a thorny issue: It's important not to spread mistrust and paranoia, because taking it too far causes division, discord, and paralysis, but we probably shouldn't ignore red flags either. Mods or Bryan, would it be against TOS or your ethics to verify whether FloralScent is telling the truth, particularly if FloralScent or compromise grants you permission? In the case of the mods, is it within your technical capabities to do so?

FloralScent
03-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Mods or Bryan, would it be against TOS or your ethics to verify whether FloralScent is telling the truth, particularly if FloralScent or compromise grants you permission? In the case of the mods, is it within your technical capabities to do so?

Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency.

http://s26.postimg.org/493j2bknt/bizarre.jpg

Mini-Me
03-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency.

http://s26.postimg.org/493j2bknt/bizarre.jpg

Simple enough, and thank you. So, not only did compromise outright lie when he denied sending that message, but he falsely accused you of being a liar as well.

compromise, would you like to reconsider whether you sent that message, accuse FloralScent of Photoshop doctoring, or go totally silent like you did when CaseyJones called you out for having a London IP address (after you specifically said you had only done an internship there a long time ago, and that you were back in the US)?

Carson
03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
"Snowden releases the intelligence agency guide to internet shilling"

My Shilling meter started pegging around here starting a couple of weeks ago. Then again maybe it was just the real word coming in some.

Not that we don't regularly raise an eyebrow at times.

bolil
03-19-2014, 10:19 PM
I imagine the shill would be calm, and would spend the necessary amount of time "toeing" the line regarding common ideological denominators in order to gain reputation (literally and in the form of those little green bars). Once, and only when, that is done can the shill can go to work effectively. It would also be worth a shill's time to cultivate interpersonal relationships with authentic members, especially those that are tolerated but not well liked. The sort that will emotionally back a poster involved in an argument, instead of intellectually defending the post. So, basically, the THING is here and has been, necessarily so, for awhile. Anyways, Bolil isn't a shill just often durnk ;) (resuming lurk)

Shit, it would be even more effective to have two shills work in concert and in feigned opposition to each-other. What better way to frame an argument than to helm both sides of it. This seems consistent with the "black and white" facet of shilling.

BucksforPaul
03-19-2014, 10:20 PM

Which version of the Megaphone application are you using? Btw, I didn't need Snowden to reveal the obvious truth about paid whores who will sell their souls for a schilling.

pcosmar
03-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Which version of the Megaphone application are you using? Btw, I didn't need Snowden to reveal the obvious truth about paid whores who will sell their souls for a schilling.

I am somewhat forgiving of the paid whores,, having been somewhat of a mercenary in my past.

It is the "true believers" that are most concerning.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/wellsdc/Animated%20GIFs/tumblr_m77y54Q55X1qkpj04o4_500.gif

It's not my place to ask.
I believe in something greater than myself.
A better world.
A world without sin.

I'm not going to live there.
There's no place for me there...
any more than there is for you.
I'm a monster.
What I do is evil.
I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

But I gave up active troll hunting here some time ago.

FloralScent
03-20-2014, 06:46 AM

Nor did I. All anyone has to do is check out Cass Sunstein's Wikipedia page where it's laid out for the whole world to see. One of the primary architects of government online infiltration doesn't even try and hide their intentions but every time it's brought up here, our resident trolls suspects loose their shit; real subtle guys. Of course it would be foolish to assume they're all this incompetent.

devil21
03-20-2014, 02:55 PM

I just looked up the notations at the bottom of this slide.

It means "SECRET - SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE - RELEASEABLE TO USA AND AUSTRALIA GREAT BRITAIN NEW ZEALAND CANADA"

I wonder why it's the US and British crown colonies?

FloralScent
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Simple enough, and thank you. So, not only did compromise outright lie when he denied sending that message, but he falsely accused you of being a liar as well.

compromise, would you like to reconsider whether you sent that message, accuse FloralScent of Photoshop doctoring, or go totally silent like you did when CaseyJones called you out for having a London IP address (after you specifically said you had only done an internship there a long time ago, and that you were back in the US)?

He's playing possum, at least on this thread.

BucksforPaul
03-24-2014, 07:34 PM

Lol, can you really blame it since it did get caught for being a paid troll.

donnay
03-24-2014, 07:46 PM

Yes, There Are Paid Government Trolls On Social Media, Blogs, Forums And Websites
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/yes-there-are-paid-government-trolls-on-social-media-blogs-forums-and-websites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpVUYGcgtjw&feature=youtu.be

fr33
03-24-2014, 10:32 PM

Yeah he does that. Judging from his posts he's more likely part of some republican group trying to co-opt us.

devil21
04-10-2014, 03:46 AM
Yeah he does that. Judging from his posts he's more likely part of some republican group trying to co-opt us.

"He" is not an individual human being. "He" is a "HOME" pool account.

devil21
05-30-2014, 08:30 PM
With all the Snowden stuff lately, Im wondering if there has really been anything released that wasn't already known publicly, at least to some extent.

Here's an early 2011 article about the US military buying shill software:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/22/exclusive-militarys-persona-software-cost-millions-used-for-classified-social-media-activities/

I think a lot of these sorts of military purchases are actually for NSA/CIA/etc. Try to find a purchase order for anything for the intelligence agencies. Bet ya can't.

kcchiefs6465
05-30-2014, 10:58 PM
I just looked up the notations at the bottom of this slide.

It means "SECRET - SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE - RELEASEABLE TO USA AND AUSTRALIA GREAT BRITAIN NEW ZEALAND CANADA"

I wonder why it's the US and British crown colonies?
FVEY means the Five Eyes. They are the top tier cooperators with the NSA. There are three tiers. The first being the countries which the NSA shares information with little to no spying being done on said government (absent those governments themselves requesting it). They don't need to spy on those countries because those countries are already providing the entirety of what they have.

The "second tier" is general cooperation. A quid pro quo relationship where it is clear the various nations spy on each other. Israel is included in this.

The "third tier" is no cooperation. It is understood that the NSA and their like intelligence agencies are collecting data in any way possible. Some of these countries may surprise you. Mexico, for example. Not all of the countries listed as "third tier" are "axis of evil" countries.

Another rung lower, below the Five Eyes partners and second-tier countries such as Israel, the third tier is composed of countries who are often targets but never partners of US spying programs. Those predictably include governments viewed as adversaries, such as China, Russia, Iran, Venezuela, and Syria. But the third tier also includes countries ranging from the generally friendly to neutral, such as Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Indonesia, Kenya, and South Africa.

Glenn Greenwald (2014-05-13 00:00:00-04:00). No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA and the Surveillance State (Kindle Locations 1897-1900). Hamish Hamilton. Kindle Edition.

dannno
05-30-2014, 11:40 PM
This is shilling:
http://www.predecimal.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/shilling1965s.jpg&w=855&h=436&page=popup
http://www.predecimal.com/1965-scottish-shilling-p-775.html

What page is that in your binder??

John F Kennedy III
05-31-2014, 06:26 AM
Zippy oughtta be getting his pension soon.

devil21
07-17-2014, 02:35 AM
bump

devil21
07-17-2014, 02:35 AM
bump

dude58677
07-17-2014, 09:46 AM
I have a suggestion, why don't we list all the paid shills online so we can watch out for them online.

I'll start with a few:

Jay Adkisson-quatloos
Dan Evans-quatloos
Ian Jeffery Slavin-usconstitution.net
Ret Squid-YouTube
Joey Smith-quatloos
Demothemes-quatloos
Roy Bean-quatloos
Sonnytufts-ronpaulforums
Onlypaul-ronpaulforums
PRB-ronpaulforums

It is also helpful to add their hangout location as I did above.

CPUd
07-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I have a suggestion, why don't we list all the paid shills online so we can watch out for them online.

I'll start with a few:

Jay Adkisson-quatloos
Dan Evans-quatloos
Ian Jeffery Slavin-usconstitution.net
Ret Squid-YouTube
Joey Smith-quatloos
Demothemes-quatloos
Roy Bean-quatloos
Sonnytufts-ronpaulforums
Onlypaul-ronpaulforums
PRB-ronpaulforums

It is also helpful to add their hangout location as I did above.

You have proof on any of those? Might be helpful to include that, too.

acptulsa
07-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Zippy oughtta be getting his pension soon.

He did.

Z2.0 is a new hire. He hasn't even learned to spell words the British way yet.

dude58677
07-17-2014, 12:14 PM

They all arouse suspicion. I can't prove any financial transactions but I can say with certainty to avoid these people like the plague. Stubborn and arrogance is an understatement with these people. I can't prove it with certainty but I strongly suspect it and would advise others to strongly avoid them.

dude58677
07-17-2014, 12:15 PM

They all arouse suspicion. I can't prove any financial transactions but I can say with certainty to avoid these people like the plague. Stubborness and arrogance is an understatement with these people. I can't prove it with certainty but I strongly suspect it and would advise others to strongly avoid them.

jmdrake
07-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Interesting reading but leave it to gov'ts to make fancy powerpoints to explain how to manipulate human nature.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-24/conspiracy-theory-true-agents-infiltrate-websites-intending-manipulate-deceive-and-d

And what is one of the main targets of this conspiracy?

Government plans to monitor and influence internet communications, and covertly infiltrate online communities in order to sow dissension and disseminate false information, have long been the source of speculation. Harvard Law Professor Cass Sunstein, a close Obama adviser and the White House’s former head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, wrote a controversial paper in 2008 proposing that the US government employ teams of covert agents and pseudo-”independent” advocates to “cognitively infiltrate” online groups and websites, as well as other activist groups.

Sunstein also proposed sending covert agents into “chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups” which spread what he views as false and damaging “conspiracy theories” about the government. Ironically, the very same Sunstein was recently named by Obama to serve as a member of the NSA review panel created by the White House, one that – while disputing key NSA claims – proceeded to propose many cosmetic reforms to the agency’s powers (most of which were ignored by the President who appointed them).

So...you mean to tell me that Cass Sunstein is worried about conspiracy theorist? If conspiracy theorists somehow "hurt liberty" then why is Sunstein concerned about them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K5M0xtxQVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvpDW7z2ndo

devil21
07-17-2014, 05:05 PM
And what is one of the main targets of this conspiracy?

One of the targets, imho, is fomenting anger at the government itself in order to speed it's demise. It's working. Very important to exercise discernment.

56ktarget
07-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Why are people just now catching on to this? Its been known for years that News Corp has hundreds of troll accounts that push republican propaganda.

HOLLYWOOD
07-17-2014, 05:25 PM
One of the targets, imho, is fomenting anger at the government itself in order to speed it's demise. It's working. Very important to exercise discernment....that has been proven true time after time... look at all the "Patsies" by government agent-provocateurs. This way, it reciprocates into grabbing headlines, justify expenses, increase budget, take rights, and liberties away... a slew of objectives through subversive operations.

Goes back to Frankenstein monster up on the hill... get the villagers restless over an issue, hand them pitchforks and torches, incite them, boom, off to the races... they'll go along with anything.

Every single professional study across the planet has proven, 90% of all people are followers. Heck FOX NEWS ALERT starts with audio of Pavlov's Bell ringing, before breaking news alert.

BTW, subversive agents are on all the New York corporate media giants' R/T chats-messaging etc...

ChristianAnarchist
07-17-2014, 05:43 PM
It's really not news. About 10 years ago when I was still posting on the "newsgroups" (if anyone remembers what that is) under alt.taxes a few of us would post how there's really no legitimate claim to stealing money from the masses and giving it to the bankers (or others) but a few people there would keep taking the goons side and post how wonderful the taxing "authorities" are (gag me with a spoon). These people were known government shills even back then...

dude58677
07-17-2014, 06:28 PM
It's really not news. About 10 years ago when I was still posting on the "newsgroups" (if anyone remembers what that is) under alt.taxes a few of us would post how there's really no legitimate claim to stealing money from the masses and giving it to the bankers (or others) but a few people there would keep taking the goons side and post how wonderful the taxing "authorities" are (gag me with a spoon). These people were known government shills even back then...

Was it Jay Adkisson?

devil21
07-17-2014, 10:41 PM
...that has been proven true time after time... look at all the "Patsies" by government agent-provocateurs. This way, it reciprocates into grabbing headlines, justify expenses, increase budget, take rights, and liberties away... a slew of objectives through subversive operations.

Goes back to Frankenstein monster up on the hill... get the villagers restless over an issue, hand them pitchforks and torches, incite them, boom, off to the races... they'll go along with anything.

Every single professional study across the planet has proven, 90% of all people are followers. Heck FOX NEWS ALERT starts with audio of Pavlov's Bell ringing, before breaking news alert.

BTW, subversive agents are on all the New York corporate media giants' R/T chats-messaging etc...

The truly scary part is that a "homegrown terrorist" patsy doing something horrible in the name of "mother russia" or similar would probably be the next logical military step. All the stuff we've been talking about happening and warning about for -years- (dollar crash, large scale wars, police state, etc) is starting to become very real. Anyone that has been vocal and active should be especially alert as this stuff around the world ramps up. The people behind this crap would love absolutely nothing more than to pin something on the latest domestic demon, the Constitutionalist. Trust your gut!

ChristianAnarchist
07-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Was it Jay Adkisson?

I don't remember that name but then my memory isn't all that good I'm afraid...

Carson
07-18-2014, 08:47 PM
I've never been good enough with names to bother trying to keep track of people that may have done something I found offensive.

It's hard enough to keep up with all of the great ones. Then again maybe it's a waste of time trying to pigeonhole people as they are always changing and so am I.

devil21
08-18-2015, 02:26 AM
Bump for new visitors that aren't familiar with shill tactics.

DevilsAdvocate
08-18-2015, 04:00 AM
Why are people just now catching on to this? Its been known for years that News Corp has hundreds of troll accounts that push republican propaganda.

My man, that rep bar is something to be proud of! That's the worst I've ever seen on this site!

RJB
08-18-2015, 05:37 AM
My man, that rep bar is something to be proud of! That's the worst I've ever seen on this site!

I know. It's awesome. I rarely neg. It's usually in retaliation for one given to me, but with 56, I actually neg rep him to see if there is an opposite of reputation beyond repute.

Neg reps require a reason so I write "No offense, I just think your rep bar is cool and wanted to add to it."

I hope his Temp ban isn't too long. I actually like his opposition. He's quite upfront and not at all like the shills this thread is about.