PDA

View Full Version : Student suspended, criminally charged for fishing knife left in father’s car

jim49er
02-25-2014, 01:58 PM
A senior at Northeast High School in Clarksville, Tenn. has been suspended for 10 days and faces a multitude of additional punishments including criminal charges because school officials found a knife belonging to his father inside his father’s car.

The student is David Duren-Sanner, reports local CBS affiliate WTVF.

The student’s father is a commercial fisherman who works on the West Coast. The father left — wait for it — a fishing knife in the car.

Duren-Sanner has sworn he knew nothing about it.

The boy’s father noted that the knife could have easily been wedged between two seats.

The incident occurred on Thursday.

“They called on the intercom that we had a random lockdown search,” Duren-Sanner told WTVF.

The car he drove to school was randomly chosen for a search.

“I was, like, ‘Sure, no problem.’ I didn’t have anything to hide,” he explained. “And he said, ‘Do you have anything that we might need to know about?’”

Duren-Sanner mentioned that his dad chews tobacco, so there would likely be snuff in the car.

The blade on the knife is longer than three inches. Consequently, school officials consider the knife a dangerous weapon.

http://news.yahoo.com/student-suspended-criminally-charged-fishing-knife-left-father-124606951.html

DamianTV
02-25-2014, 02:18 PM
"Nothing to hide...", oops.

This is also covered by the 2nd. It doesnt say Guns, it says Arms, and blades are Arms.

Total fucking Paranoia. They dont see people as either the real source of the threat, or that they can change. They have become terrified of household objects, that are neither a real threat nor have the ability to change.

The clinical definition of insanity includes having become a possible threat to ones self or others, and it perfectly describes SCHOOLS. The way they behave has become a threat to both itself, and others. One would not dare give someone under the influence of a hallucinagenic a weapon during "a bad trip" because that person might use the weapon. Yet, this is deemed not only socially acceptable to give the clinically insane school weapons (both physical and legal), but it is expected? That twist just meets Einsteins definition of insanity, doing the exact same thing and expecting different results.

Schools have literally become insane asylums, and the inmates are running the show.

Origanalist
02-25-2014, 02:20 PM
“They called on the intercom that we had a random lockdown search,” Duren-Sanner told WTVF.

The car he drove to school was randomly chosen for a search.

Somebody help me here, what is this?

specsaregood
02-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a bunch of bullcrap to me.

edit: what I mean is, it sounds like he was setup.

kcchiefs6465
02-25-2014, 02:25 PM
An exercise to prepare kids for the real world.

Philhelm
02-25-2014, 02:30 PM

This...is...AMERICAAAA!!!!

kcchiefs6465
02-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Sounds like a bunch of bullcrap to me.

edit: what I mean is; it sounds like he was setup.
During these lockdowns they walk a dog around the building past lockers as well as in the parking lot. If the dog, which has a 90+% failure rate indicates your car has something in it, or if the handler subtly and secretly communicates to the dog, your property is going to be violated.

Of course, snitches are a dime a dozen. They train them young.

Origanalist
02-25-2014, 02:35 PM
On top of all this punishment, he faces weapons charges thanks to the sheriff’s department, which concluded that the knife was effectively in the boy’s possession.

Peggy Duren, Duren-Sanner’s grandmother, said she tried to tell school officials that her grandson did not own the fishing knife. However, the tough vice principal was having none of it.

“Guilty until proven innocent,” Duren lamented. “It’s part of this zero tolerance policy.”

There nothing I can do, I'm just following the law.................................

Origanalist
02-25-2014, 02:37 PM
During these lockdowns they walk a dog around the building past lockers as well as in the parking lot. If the dog, which has a 90+% failure rate indicates your car has something in it, or if the handler subtly and secretly communicates to the dog, your property is going to be violated.

Of course, snitches are a dime a dozen. They train them young.

So this is a regular thing in the schools now?

kcchiefs6465
02-25-2014, 02:46 PM
So this is a regular thing in the schools now?
At the schools I went to, yes.

They'd make a grand show of it, too. Print the stats in the local newspaper. X number arrested, two joints found. (LMAO, it really was an absurdly low amount if they ever found anything, I remember the newspaper quoting the police officer stating that the reason they didn't find anything was because of their gestapo tactics and indicative of the success they were having.)

It never really occurred to me at the time of how absurd it all really was. Just going through the motions, I suppose.

They had drug searches and lockdowns. Probably three or four scheduled every school year. The police would come and rattle door handles to make sure everyone was locked in the classrooms and then they'd proceed to systematically violate everyone's rights. Looking back now, it's pretty incredible to think of. Right after we pledged allegiance, gestapo agents would rummage through your shit. And no one batted an eye.

Origanalist
02-25-2014, 02:52 PM

They'd make a grand show of it, too. Print the stats in the local newspaper. X number arrested, two joints found. (LMAO, it really was an absurdly low amount if they ever found anything, I remember the newspaper quoting the police officer stating that the reason they didn't find anything was because of their gestapo tactics and indicative of the success they were having.)

It never really occurred to me at the time of how absurd it all really was. Just going through the motions, I suppose.

They had drug searches and lockdowns. Probably three or four scheduled every school year. The police would come and rattle door handles to make sure everyone was locked in the classrooms and then they'd proceed to systematically violate everyone's rights. Looking back now, it's pretty incredible to think of. Right after we pledged allegiance, gestapo agents would rummage through your shit. And no one batted an eye.

I know I'm getting old and probably heard this before but it just takes me by surprise. "Random lockdown search". The schools really are just prison training grounds.

specsaregood
02-25-2014, 02:52 PM

Its amazing how much shit has changed. I went to a couple of the shittiest schools in KC back in the early 90's and none of that happened. I'm talking about frequent stabbings and gang beatdowns. And it definitely didn't happen at the surburban and rural schools I attended.

jbauer
02-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Go Tennessee!!!

02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
What a load of crap. I remember in HS carrying a pocket knife to school and hunting rifles in gunracks in pickups. Nobody cared.

aGameOfThrones
02-25-2014, 03:04 PM
This...is...AMERICAAAA!!!!

No! THIS IS AMERIKA.... (kicks constitution down a black hole)

kcchiefs6465
02-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Its amazing how much shit has changed. I went to a couple of the shittiest schools in KC back in the early 90's and none of that happened. I'm talking about frequent stabbings and gang beatdowns. And it definitely didn't happen at the surburban and rural schools I attended.
The premise of such actions was Columbine and other school shootings. The psychological effect, though I can't discern it from any of the other myriad of indoctrinating motions, of being told you are in such danger that we must have mock drills of what would happen if there were a shooting or bombing is most probably of no little degree. 9/11 of course made this worse. Come to think of it, I don't remember any searches or drug dogs before 9/11. I was young though, so perhaps the police of the era were still above walking a drug dog around a kindergarten class. It can be said no such thing for today. (I do remember DARE cards and lectures about turning in your parents much before 9/11, though)

By the time I was in high school I'd underwent at least 15 of these mock lock downs. They were as common as fire drills. Sometimes you weren't even warned beforehand. So of course you are left to wonder if there is an active shooter on school grounds, or if it was another one of their fear mongering scenarios. "Submit" could best be taken from it. There were "serious" (I couldn't gafl but I wasn't going to be beaten if I was suspended as other students probably were) consequences to even being in the hall way. Automatic suspension. They had those kids so damn indoctrinated and submissive to authority it is astounding. And the teachers, of whom I would like to place faith in, never said a word edgewise. They were indoctrinated themselves.

ETA: And as much as recollecting this has thoroughly depressed me, I remember another astounding detail. We were all made to gather (cower, rather) in one corner of the room. The symbology of this is incredible. Home school your kids.

aGameOfThrones
02-25-2014, 03:12 PM
"Nothing to hide...", oops.

This is also covered by the 2nd. It doesnt say Guns, it says Arms, and blades are Arms.

Total fucking Paranoia. They dont see people as either the real source of the threat, or that they can change. They have become terrified of household objects, that are neither a real threat nor have the ability to change.

The clinical definition of insanity includes having become a possible threat to ones self or others, and it perfectly describes SCHOOLS. The way they behave has become a threat to both itself, and others. One would not dare give someone under the influence of a hallucinagenic a weapon during "a bad trip" because that person might use the weapon. Yet, this is deemed not only socially acceptable to give the clinically insane school weapons (both physical and legal), but it is expected? That twist just meets Einsteins definition of insanity, doing the exact same thing and expecting different results.

Schools have literally become insane asylums, and the inmates are running the show.

Too bad he consented to a search(4th), but yeah, 2nd.

pcosmar
02-25-2014, 03:12 PM

This is rights being violated.

This is another day in a Police State.

This is the reality of today.

ZENemy
02-25-2014, 03:15 PM
I use to be ashamed of not going to school.

Now, I wear it like a badge of honor.

kcchiefs6465
02-25-2014, 03:21 PM
This is rights being violated.

This is another day in a Police State.

This is the reality of today.
This is the very sad and depressing truth. Where were the parents?

They are no better than the drones the children who are subjected to these actions will ultimately become. Sigh.

aGameOfThrones
02-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Lockdown" is now part of the school vocabulary.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?443078-quot-Lockdown-quot-is-now-part-of-the-school-vocabulary

Origanalist
02-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Lockdown" is now part of the school vocabulary.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?443078-quot-Lockdown-quot-is-now-part-of-the-school-vocabulary

It's so pervasive now that I can't keep up with it.

Thor
02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Yee Haw.... Y'all come back now, ye'hear?

What a(nother) load of crap.

"Sure, no problem, I don't have anything to hide" - Stupid American...

fisharmor
02-25-2014, 04:12 PM
I use to be ashamed of not going to school.

Now, I wear it like a badge of honor.

Back in the early 90's my little brother got suspended for having razor blades on him at school...
...which I had gotten from art class...
...at the exact same school.

As soon as I heard homeschooling was a thing, it literally never occurred to me afterward that sending my own kids to school would be a good idea.

Ender
02-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Back in the early 90's my little brother got suspended for having razor blades on him at school...
...which I had gotten from art class...
...at the exact same school.

As soon as I heard homeschooling was a thing, it literally never occurred to me afterward that sending my own kids to school would be a good idea.

Completely homeschooled here and forever thankful!

LibertyRevolution
02-26-2014, 02:57 AM
I was arrested and suspended in 5th grade for telling another kid that pixie sticks were cocaine and to sniff it...
They actually had a cop come into school and take me to the police station and process me for this.. at 11 years old.
Charges were dropped, but I was banned from ever bringing pixies sticks on school property again.
This was 1989...

DANGER, DANGER!!
http://www.candywarehouse.com/assets/item/large/wonka-giant-pixy-stix-candy-straws-im.jpg

pcosmar
02-26-2014, 08:42 AM
I was arrested and suspended in 5th grade for telling another kid that pixie sticks were cocaine and to sniff it...
They actually had a cop come into school and take me to the police station and process me for this.. at 11 years old.
Charges were dropped, but I was banned from ever bringing pixies sticks on school property again.
This was 1989...

DANGER, DANGER!!

I had to take my Machine shop project home,, when the teacher realized that the project was a machine gun.

He asked me about the sear,, and I told him it didn't have one. :D

that was 1973.

Cleaner44
02-26-2014, 08:48 AM
How long until they suspend the baseball players for having dangerous batons in their possession?

There is soooooo much stupid going on in the schools.

I don't care if this sounds sexist because we need to identify the problem for what it is. I think much of this stems from women and their desire to be safe. I understand that women want to keep children safe and that is a good thing, but they have good to far with the power they have acquired in schools.

Henry Rogue
02-26-2014, 09:19 AM
I got no problem with mothers wanting to keep their kids safe. I got a problem with the government trying to keep everyone safe. The problem lies with the tyranny of the majority in this case and any system that allows people to forfeit their freedom and self responsibility.

oyarde
02-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Filet knife . those are for fileting fish . That is not a weapon , it is a tool .Even Chimps make tools .

ZENemy
02-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Filet knife . those are for fileting fish . That is not a weapon , it is a tool .Even Chimps make tools .

Ban Chimps!

fisharmor
02-26-2014, 02:08 PM
How long until they suspend the baseball players for having dangerous batons in their possession?
They're cancelling baseball and replacing all sports with sarcastiball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlv6BrrxD_4