PDA

View Full Version : Joaquin Guzman

tod evans
02-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Haven't seen a thread about his arrest posted yet..

Thought it would be interesting to hear some varying opinions...

I view the man as the consummate entrepreneur, he found a highly marketable product, drugs, and using whatever means necessary brought them to market.

"The Newz" will be awash with stories about how one government agency or another hopes to link the man indirectly to "violence" or "death" but I'm betting every instance will fall far short of actually putting a weapon in the mans hands..

This "story" will be paraded in front of Boobus as justification for the billions spent on their war, it will be heralded as a supreme victory for government..........When in reality there will now be a vacuum in the supply lines..

More interesting times ahead.........

Mani
02-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Haven't seen a thread about his arrest posted yet..

Thought it would be interesting to hear some varying opinions...

I view the man as the consummate entrepreneur, he found a highly marketable product, drugs, and using whatever means necessary brought them to market.

"The Newz" will be awash with stories about how one government agency or another hopes to link the man indirectly to "violence" or "death" but I'm betting every instance will fall far short of actually putting a weapon in the mans hands..

This "story" will be paraded in front of Boobus as justification for the billions spent on their war, it will be heralded as a supreme victory for government..........When in reality there will now be a vacuum in the supply lines..

More interesting times ahead.........

I sometimes wonder about these things. In order to justify those billions they decide, "We need a fall guy. Time to bring a big fish in and show the public we are winning! Let's bring down one of these dogs."

And then do they Pick the guy and take him down?

Or is it even more of a dog and pony show than that.

Do they say, "Hey you are going down...But here's some money for your troubles, your family will be taken care of. You can shift your supply lines to xyz, so your business won't miss a beat, your cartel will be an empty shell by the time we jump in. In prison you're all hooked up, you'll be taken care of and you can continue operations from the inside. We'll take out a few almost empty useless warehouses to show off the 'big raid'."

I have almost no faith in the war on Drugs. I mix from thinking it's a useless war, to thinking not only is it not a war but our gov't is in bed with these guys.

eduardo89
02-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Good to see El Chapo arrested, but this will really do nothing to end the violence.

tod evans
02-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Good to see El Chapo arrested, but this will really do nothing to end the violence.

Why do you believe it's "good" that he was arrested?

eduardo89
02-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Why do you believe it's "good" that he was arrested?

Because he's responsible for hundreds, if not thousands, of murders.

Natural Citizen
02-24-2014, 06:38 AM
What is interesting to me is that I've always viewed the entire nsa snooping and all of the wiretapping to be premised solely upon competition in the corporate world. These are the same mechanisms that were used to catch this person too. It's one way to stop the competition in the drug market that is all over the world. I think this guy was operating in 56 countries or so.

tod evans
02-24-2014, 06:48 AM

I've heard that from "The Newz".........Don't know if I actually believe it though...

phill4paul
02-24-2014, 06:53 AM

He's small fry then. Many in our government have better game scores.

Origanalist
02-24-2014, 06:54 AM
They needed (created) a Joaquin Guzman, but they also have to justify their existence. There are plenty to fill his shoes.

And the beat goes on.

Lucille
02-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Regime change. They must need a more cooperative puppet at the head of their most-favored drug cartel.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/01/07/DEA-U-S-Attorneys-Secretly-Met-With-Drug-Cartels-in-Mexico-to-Obtain-Info-on-Rivals

Weston White
02-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Groups of people associated with narcotics trafficking are responsible for doing this: Mexico's Drug War: 50,000 Dead in 6 Years (http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/05/mexicos-drug-war-50-000-dead-in-6-years/100299/)

Really though he is just a contracted pawn, the CIA and its counterparts (e.g., DIA, DOJ, FBI, NSA) each need to held accountable for bankrolling and allowing this drug-whatever to continue.

A question I ponder though, is if people that support a free-market for all narcotics also support a free-market on prescription medications and heavy medicines, such as over-the-counter SSRI, morphine, lithium, etc. for all?

JK/SEA
02-24-2014, 09:35 AM
meanwhile....opium poppies are being guarded by U.S. Troops...

burp...

Cabal
02-24-2014, 09:50 AM
meanwhile....opium poppies are being guarded by U.S. Troops...

burp...

Well these are the source of thebaine, which is what is used to synthesize such drugs as oxycodone and oxycotin. The State: whoring itself out to the highest bidders at the expense of everyone else.

kcchiefs6465
02-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I've heard that from "The Newz".........Don't know if I actually believe it though...
blogdelnarco.com

kcchiefs6465
02-24-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't think many are quite aware of what is going on in Mexico.

http://i.imgur.com/1O3wRqP.jpg?1

This is mild compared to much and occurs daily.

The bodies of two men were found hanging this morning at an overpass located between Boulevard Ignacio Zaragoza and Dairy-Chamapa road in Colonia Las Torres Atizapán, State of Mexico. Males, aged 20 to 30 years age, were allegedly shot and then hung with ropes. On the road several shell casings and narcomensaje, which is unknown found. Prosecution personnel Atizapán took cognizance of the matter. Upon finding elements of the Special Police and State secured a perimeter of 50 meters above Ignacio Zaragoza, so the rails towards the DF were closed to traffic. Meanwhile, the lanes of the opposite direction were fitted in both directions to let flow circulation. Around 7 :. 05 hours and with the help of a ladder, fire personnel unloaded the bodies to the Forensic Medical Service personnel could remove to 8:00 pm restore circulation was achieved in both directions and emergency services were removed.

Lucille
02-24-2014, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nqikzQtKfY

tod evans
02-24-2014, 06:42 PM
blogdelnarco.com

I'm aware of what atrocities our government attributes to him, I doubt that they can actually put a murder weapon in his hands though...

I suppose it's the same as attributing civilian deaths to Obama over in Sandville...

Then again if one follows the money I suppose those deaths in Mexico could be linked to our government too......

tod evans
02-24-2014, 06:46 PM
A question I ponder though, is if people that support a free-market for all narcotics also support a free-market on prescription medications and heavy medicines, such as over-the-counter SSRI, morphine, lithium, etc. for all?

I would like to see all criminal penalties removed from all drugs.

Government involved in the drug business, legal or illegal, just causes problems that aren't necessary.

Let the manufacturers provide what they will but make provisions to hold them financially accountable if something goes wrong..

kcchiefs6465
02-24-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm aware of what atrocities our government attributes to him, I doubt that they can actually put a murder weapon in his hands though...

I suppose it's the same as attributing civilian deaths to Obama over in Sandville...

Then again if one follows the money I suppose those deaths in Mexico could be linked to our government too......
I don't think you quite know of the man's reputation and power.

He has executed untold scores of people... personally. He has ordered the torture and execution of many scores more.

That website is a compilation of locals providing stories that the United States media would never cover, by the way. Look at the bodies' carved in messages and the signs the hanged carry... there is no doubt that Guzman did commit many crimes. For him to even sit where he was, I know this.

Now that is not to say that the war wasn't exacerbated by United States policies.

phill4paul
02-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Psychopaths-R-Us. C.I.A. sponsored. They serve a purpose for the time they are allowed.

fr33
02-24-2014, 08:31 PM
End the drug war and allow peaceful people to replace the Guzmans of the world.

phill4paul
02-24-2014, 08:35 PM
End the drug war and allow peaceful people to replace the Guzmans of the world.

There is no control in that business model.

tod evans
03-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Mexican police fail to stop protest march in support of jailed drug lord

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/03/mexican-police-fail-to-stop-protest-march-in-support-jailed-drug-lord/?intcmp=latestnews

CULIACAN, MEXICO – Police in northern Mexico detained about 100 people Sunday in a failed attempt to stop a second demonstration in less than a week to voice support for captured drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

A march Wednesday demanding Guzman's release drew about 1,000 supporters into the streets of Culiacan, the capital of northern Sinaloa state, which is the home base of the Sinaloa Cartel purportedly led by Guzman.

In the rally Sunday afternoon, a crowd of about 150 people gathered at a shrine to Jesus Malverde, a folk saint viewed as the patron or protector of people involved in the drug trade.

Some shouted "Long live Chapo!"

Messages on social networking sites had urged people to gather at the shrine for a march in favor of Guzman, who is alleged to be the hemisphere's most powerful drug lord and who some local residents say provided jobs, money and security for inhabitants.

About 20 police patrol vehicles were sent to the scene, but many of the demonstrators refused police orders to disperse. Daniel Gaxiola, spokesman for the Sinaloa state public safety department, said 40 people were detained then for disturbing the peace.

Later, several hundred people evaded the heavy police presence by splitting into groups and marching toward downtown as dozens were detained along the way.

Culiacan judge Gabriel Pena Gonzalez said more than 100 people in total had been brought in on disturbing-the-peace and other charges by late Sunday.

Some of the marchers were from Badiriguato, where Guzman is from. The township is in the mountains near Culiacan. Some said they had been promised 700 pesos (about $53) for attending the protest, and some women and men could be seen at the end of the march writing down participants' names in notebooks.

As the disorganized march reached the center of Culiacan, shots rang out and protesters scattered. It was unclear who fired the shots, but Francisco Cuamea, editor of the Noroeste newspaper in Culiacan, said two of the paper's photographers were roughed up by police when they tried to photograph shell casings left behind.

In Wednesday's march, norteno musicians played trumpets while high school students in uniforms held up signs reading "We want Chapo free" and "We love Chapo."

After that march, authorities said they would not seek to limit freedom of expression, but would not tolerate marches that disturbed the peace or provided support or justification for criminals.

Guzman was arrested Feb. 22 in the Pacific Coast city of Mazatlan. Mexican federal judges have said he will have to stand trial on separate drug-trafficking and organized-crime charges in Mexico. The Attorney General's Office said he also faces organized-crime charges in six other cases in four Mexican states and in Mexico City.

Guzman, who escaped from a western Mexico prison in 2001, is to remain in Mexico's highest-security prison. The government has said he will not soon be extradited to the U.S., where Guzman has been indicted in California, New York and other states.

Lucille
03-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Narco-Villain “El Chapo’s” Arrest Packaged for Media Consumption
http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/bill-conroy/2014/03/narco-villain-el-chapo-s-arrest-packaged-media-consumption

Former DEA Supervisor Contends Guzman’s Capture Was An “Arranged” Event

The recent capture of the notorious Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera, longtime leader of Mexico’s Sinaloa narco-trafficking organization, was not what it appeared to be, according to a former DEA supervisory agent who still has a deep network of contacts in Mexico.

Guzman’s takedown, despite the media script portraying it as a daring predawn raid, was, in fact, an “arranged thing,” claims the retired DEA agent, Hector Berrellez, who led the investigation into the 1985 torture and murder of DEA agent Kiki Camarena. That cross-border investigation ran for several years and eventually led to the capture and conviction in Mexico of Rafael Caro Quintero, Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo and Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo — considered the leaders of Mexico’s then-dominate drug organization, The Guadalajara Cartel.

“Chapo [Guzman] was protected by Mexican federal agents and military, by the Mexican government,” Berrellez told Narco News. “He was making [Mexican President Enrique] Peña Nieto look bad, and so the government decided to withdraw his security detail. Chapo was told he could either surrender, or he would be killed.”

Berrellez, who retired from the DEA in 1996, stresses that he is not speaking on behalf of the US government, but rather as an individual who has decades of law enforcement experience, including serving as DEA’s lead investigator in Mexico.

“This information comes from my sources, that I am still in contact with,” Berrellez adds. “I developed a large informant network in Mexico, including sources in the Mexican Attorney General’s office, Mexican generals and others. These people are still in contact with me.”
[...]
Retired DEA agent Phil Jordan, who once led DEA’s El Paso Intelligence Center, told Narco News that he was surprised that Guzman was captured under a PRI government. (President Peña Nieto is part of Mexico’s Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI in its Spanish initials.)

“Chapo contributed a lot of money to the PRI,” Jordan says. “The PRI historically has been an ally of the cartels, and Chapo Guzman has contributed millions to their campaigns. All of that is documented [in intelligence reports] I have seen.”

After Jordan made similar comments to the Spanish-language TV station Univision recently, the DEA issued the following statement to the media.

Remarks made by retired Drug Enforcement Administration Agent Phil Jordan and those of other retired DEA agents do not reflect the views of the Drug Enforcement Administration. The arrest of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera was a significant achievement for Mexico and a major step forward in our shared fight against transnational organized crime, violence, and drug trafficking. …

The fact that DEA felt compelled to issue such a statement indicates that Jordan’s comments about the PRI’s complicity with narco-trafficking organizations must have hit a nerve in Washington, one DEA source told Narco News. Jordan’s allegations, if on the mark, also support Berrellez’ contention — and those of his sources — that Guzman was receiving protection from the Mexican government — including under the administration of President Peña Nieto. If we accept that, the question then becomes: Why was that support withdrawn?
[...]
Berrellez is not the lone veteran law enforcer who does not buy into the conventional-media script manufactured for Guzman’s capture. Another former DEA agent, Mike Levine, a veteran of deep undercover missions, such as Operation Trifecta — which played out in Mexico in the late 1980s when the PRI Party also was in power in Mexico — describes the arrest of Sinaloa organization top-capo Guzman as “yet another drug war rip-off.”

Levine relayed to Narco News the following via email:

Here’s why it [Guzman’s arrest] perpetuates the drug-war shill game run by media: Two decades ago, I was part of an international undercover operation [called] “Operation Trifecta.”

On hidden video, our undercover “Mafia” [a ruse organization set up to sting Mexican narco-traffickers and corrupt government officials] was able to arrange a 15-ton cocaine deal directly with the Mexican military and representatives of the Mexican government, at least one of whom was tied directly to the incoming president of Mexico. As I detailed in NY Times Best Seller “Deep Cover,” CIA, State and the Department of Justice immediately moved to destroy “Operation Trifecta.” As is revealed in the book, the then-Attorney General of the United States actually blew the cover of our undercover team.

Due to a couple of hard-headed DEA and Customs agents, they were not entirely successful. Point is, what gave Chapo Guzman and ALL like him the power to become billionaire drug kingpins was the covert involvement of his own government in maintaining the flow of money and drugs through Mexico into the US.

… Understand that NOTHING has changed since this was shown and that while the covert involvement and support of the drug economy by the Mexican government — and those elements of the US government lending covert support to same — continues, there will be a continued flow of CHAPO GUZMANS ….

This link to a Youtube [video] actually captures the undercover deal [that was carried out as part of Operation Trifecta]. The video was sent by overnight courier to the Attorney General of the US, who then blew our cover by warning the AG of Mexico of the impending arrests.…

More at the link. h/t http://strike-the-root.com/

tod evans
03-10-2014, 02:03 AM
There's something fishy going on down in Mx.....

Another "Big-Story" about an alleged drug-lord being killed.

These guys are the big businesses of the Mexican economy so I read these press releases with the same skepticism that I would if I read that GE or Monsanto had been "shut down"...

Cartel head killed four years after being reported dead, Mexico says

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/10/nazario-moreno-gonzalez-head-knights-templar-cartel-killed-4-years-after/?intcmp=latestnews

Mexico's government confirmed late Sunday that the leader of the Knights Templar Cartel was killed in an early-morning shootout with troops despite being declared dead by authorities in 2010.

Tomas Zeron, head of the criminal investigation unit for the federal Attorney General's Office, said the identity of Nazario Moreno Gonzalez had been confirmed 100 percent by fingerprints, but added that tests would continue.

Moreno's death was one of the more bizarre twists in Mexico's assault on drug cartels, in which two others of the country's most powerful capos have been captured in the last year without a shot fired.

The Mexican military had been tracking Moreno and marines and soldiers confronted him in Timbuscatio, a town in the remote mountains of the western farming state of Michoacan, his cartel's home base. Officials said the troops fired to respond to an "aggression" as they tried to make an arrest.

Alejandro Rubido, security spokesman for President Enrique Pena Nieto's administration, said that despite the December 2010 announcement Moreno had been killed in a shootout with federal police, national government officials taking over Michoacan in January discovered reports that he was alive.

"Anonymous tips indicated that Nazario Moreno was not only living, but continued operating at the head of a criminal group conducting extortion, kidnapping and other crimes," Rubido said, adding that at the time of his first reported death, he had committed multiple murders. "This person was known as dangerous."

Moreno, nicknamed "The Craziest One," would have turned 44 on Saturday, according to a government birthdate. He led the La Familia cartel when he supposedly perished in a two-day gunbattle with federal police in December 2010 in Michoacan, his home state.

No corpse was found then, however. The government of then-President Felipe Calderon officially declared him dead, saying it had proof, but some residents of Michoacan had reported seeing Moreno since then.

La Familia was the first target of Calderon's assault on Mexican drug trafficking, and he touted Moreno's death and his dismantling of the cartel as a victory.

But after Moreno's supposed 2010 death, La Familia Michoacana, morphed into the more vicious and powerful Knights Templar. The cartel under both names preached Moreno's quasi-religious doctrine and moral code even as it became a major trafficker of methamphetamine to the U.S.

And since the 2010 claim of his death, Moreno reportedly helped build himself up as folk hero, erecting shrines to himself and to the Knights Templar, which adopted the Maltese cross as a symbol.

Calderon was not immediately available for comment.

"I don't think they want to open their mouths much right now," said Raul Benitez, a security expert at Mexico's National Autonomous University. "The successes of Pena Nieto so quickly in his government at the same time show the failure of the Calderon administration."

The hunt for Moreno spiked last year as vigilantes, tired of the cartel's control of the state and government inaction, took up arms against the Knights Templar, saying they wanted to get the cartel kingpins. All of the civilian "self-defense" group leaders said Moreno was alive.

"This is a victory," said Hipolito Mora, one of the leaders of the vigilante groups whose rise caused Pena Nieto's administration to finally act. "He did a lot of damage to the people of Michoacan."

Moreno's killing comes on the heels of the Feb. 22 capture of Mexico's most powerful drug lord, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who surrendered peacefully after 13 years on the lam when marines raided his condo in the Pacific resort city of Mazatlan. Another other top drug capo, Zetas chief Miguel Angel Trevino, was captured last summer, also by the Mexican navy's elite troops.

Though Guzman's capture leaked to the press, Mexican authorities waited several hours before announcing it so they could solidly confirm they held the leader of the Sinaloa cartel, Mexico's largest. They later gave a detailed explanation of how they fingerprinted him and measured his facial features against photographs as well as analyzed genetic markers from a DNA swab.

pcosmar
03-10-2014, 06:55 AM

I do,, along with the independent testing and information that would accompany it. like Consumer Reports or Underwriter laboratories.

People would have information available to make their choices..

JasonC
03-10-2014, 12:39 PM
It's pretty darn naive to think that any of these guys high up in the cartels have not either personally murdered people and/or given orders to others to do so..

kcchiefs6465
03-10-2014, 08:42 PM
It's pretty darn naive to think that any of these guys high up in the cartels have not either personally murdered people and/or given orders to others to do so..
Most people would not want to see what is going on in Mexico. It's something else.

And the news here doesn't even report a tenth of it (not even the mass graves or child sicarios unless an American is killed). I've seen enough pictures and video to know.

The School of the Americas trained some of these Mexican paramilitary forces who in turn went into more lucrative ventures. And the whole thing is fueled by American laws as well as their drug consumption. It's all a politically convenient tragedy.