PDA

View Full Version : Star-Telegram: How Ron Paul Republicans took over Tarrant County, TX

tsai3904
02-23-2014, 11:52 PM
The days are gone when Tarrant County politics revolved around baseball owner-governor George W. Bush or U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Now, it revolves around Republicans like U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz or state Rep. Jonathan Stickland.

The county’s abrupt right turn was on display again last week, when the genteel Bush was on our front page honoring veterans while the brash Stickland, R-Bedford, was at a debate calling public school spending “wealth redistribution.”

Bob Hampton of Hurst was a 12-year Republican county commissioner representing Northeast Tarrant.

“I’ve never seen anything out here like these Ron Paul people,” he said, referring to Stickland’s core supporters and campaigners for other “liberty” candidates.

“They’re like fire ants. They bite everybody who gets in their way.”

He has a yard sign for Euless Republican Andy Cargile, a school trustee and Stickland’s opponent.

“I’m not in love with Cargile, but Stickland is just so extreme it’s unbelievable,” Hampton said.

More:
http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/02/22/5592197/how-ted-cruz-and-ron-paul-republicans.html

Rep. Jonathan Stickland is a member here and is in a tough primary for re-election.

Here's his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/votejs

TheTyke
02-24-2014, 01:57 AM
Even though the author seems to dislike us and want to warn the establishment.... I still love this article!! :D

eleganz
02-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Its likely happening in many counties across the nation, its just that nobody is going public with it, causing nobody to write about it. We don't publicize anything we do here in our local GOP.

philipped
02-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Its likely happening in many counties across the nation, its just that nobody is going public with it, causing nobody to write about it. We don't publicize anything we do here in our local GOP.

You definitely should, I don't see why not, why not make it clear that this is going on all across the country? I think it would do a lot of good especially if you got any people up for election this year in your county for State legislature or U.S. House.