PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Tomorrow, NH Town Hall Meeting. Will RP attend?

jrich4rpaul
11-30-2007, 07:58 AM
This caught my eye on the events list:

Event 4: Town Hall Meeting
Salem High School, 44 Geremonty Drive, Salem, NH
3:30 PM ET

I live an hour and a half from Salem, but I really want to go to this because I havn't been to an event yet.

Does anyone know if this is an event Ron will attend in person? I'd hate to drive all that way to go to my first rally and not have him be there.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Geronimo
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, he'll be there. The site had three other events listed for tomorrow but they took them down. I get the feeling that they don't want a bunch of die hard supporters showing up when he's trying to appeal to undecided voters. I can't say that I blame them.

I'm still going.

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 07:52 PM
I summed it up here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44948

Info my brother got from HQ

Geronimo
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
That's very lame.

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Our support can be overwhelming at times.

That's very lame.

steph3n
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
That's very lame.

no it is more important to not have the room flooded with supporters, there will be enough as it is, it is needed to have REAL people that won't stay if it is packed with supporters

FireofLiberty
11-30-2007, 07:56 PM
no it is more important to not have the room flooded with supporters, there will be enough as it is, it is needed to have REAL people that won't stay if it is packed with supporters

I agree.

Geronimo
11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Our support can be overwhelming at times.

Some of us are actually pretty quiet people.
I don't chant or sign wave. I just show up and show support.
Aside from my bumper sticker (and the stamped money in my wallet) you can't tell that I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

Besides, I'm bringing a few undecideds with me.

steph3n
11-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Some of us are actually pretty quiet people.
I don't chant or sign wave. I just show up and show support.
Aside from my bumper sticker (and the stamped money in my wallet) you can't tell that I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

Besides, I'm bringing a few undecideds with me.

it is fine to bring, great in fact.....but the thing was that if the room is PACKED with supporters then non supports looking to vote can't hear the answers

Geronimo
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Did they cancel all of the other events, or did they just stop advertising the events on his website?

I should go check today's paper to see if there's any mention of him being in state tomorrow.

Roxi
11-30-2007, 09:00 PM
didn't read through this but heres RP's schedule for tomorrow

Dec 01

Event 1: College Convention 2008
Radisson, 700 Elm Street, Manchester, NH
9:00 AM ET

Event 2: Riley's Sport Shop
1575 Hooksett Road, Hooksett, NH
11:00 AM ET

Event 3: Meet & Greet
Thomas More College, 100 Concord Street, Nashua, NH
1:30 PM ET

Event 4: Town Hall Meeting
Salem High School, 44 Geremonty Drive, Salem, NH
3:30 PM ET

Event 5: Meet & Greet w/ Supporters
Private Location
7:45 PM ET

IHaveaDream
11-30-2007, 09:13 PM

This is totally illogical, in my humble opinion. Business attracts business, crowds attract crowds. Maybe I'm just abnormal, but I think I'd be more inclined to be drawn to someone who is surrounded by a group of people hooting and applauding than someone who is just milling about a group of quiet curiosity seekers.

If I was a campaign manager, I would take great pleasure in bragging that my candidate draws huge cheering audiences everywhere he shows up. After all, excitement tends to be contagious. It seems to me that any downside would be sufficiently eclipsed by the positives.

Geronimo
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Event 5: Meet & Greet w/ Supporters
Private Location
7:45 PM ET

I'm not canvassing tomorrow, so I can't go.

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 09:20 PM
This is hilarious. Rudy has to ship in "supporters" from New York City ("New York City!"), and RP has to slip into NH secretly in order to avoid his.

Geronimo
11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
This is hilarious. Rudy has to ship in "supporters" from New York City ("New York City!"), and RP has to slip into NH secretly in order to avoid his.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
HQ - Just post the schedule. If you need supporters to back off from certain events, just say so. Just my opinion.

margomaps
11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
This is totally illogical, in my humble opinion. Business attracts business, crowds attract crowds. Maybe I'm just abnormal, but I think I'd be more inclined to be drawn to someone who is surrounded by a group of people hooting and applauding than someone who is just milling about a group of quiet curiosity seekers.

If I was a campaign manager, I would take great pleasure in bragging that my candidate draws huge cheering audiences everywhere he shows up. After all, excitement tends to be contagious. It seems to me that any downside would be sufficiently eclipsed by the positives.

No disrespect intended, but I really don't think you understand the situation.

Ron Paul needs to win the hearts and minds of NH voters. In NH, that means showing up at small Town Hall meetings, talking to the people, and addressing their concerns. It does absolutely no good whatsoever if the town hall venue (in this case a facility that only holds 150 people) is filled with Ron Paul supporters. He would be preaching to the choir. It would make the choir happy, but gain no new support.

Now if people want to follow Paul around on the street cheering him on as he walks from venue to venue, fine. But let the man get his message out there to the people of NH -- don't get in his way for crying out loud!

synthetic
11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
There's a big difference between a rally and a town hall meeting. Leave the signs, air horns and other assorted noise makers at home.