PDA

View Full Version : Colorado lawmaker leaves behind loaded handgun in state Capitol

aGameOfThrones
02-21-2014, 08:59 PM
DENVER (Reuters) - A Colorado lawmaker said on Thursday he found a loaded handgun that one of his colleagues had mistakenly left in a room at the Capitol building where a committee had discussed a bipartisan measure to ease restrictions on carrying concealed weapons.

State Representative Jonathan Singer, a Democrat, said he found the gun left behind by Republican Representative Jared Wright, a former police officer from the western town of Fruita, who apparently forgot to retrieve the weapon when he left the room on February 6 after a hearing on easing concealed-carry rules.

"It's unfortunate that this turned into a distraction, but it's a real lesson on the responsibility a person takes on when they own a firearm," Singer said in a phone interview.

Groups on both sides of the gun control debate have poured resources into Colorado's political battle over gun rights and public safety.

Singer said he noticed a canvas bag under a table after the House Local Government Committee adjourned.

"I saw an unattended bag, looked inside and saw a revolver," he said, adding that he notified the Sergeant-at-Arms for the legislature and it was quickly determined the firearm belonged to Wright, who sits beside Singer in the committee room.

Wright could not immediately be reached for comment. Earlier, the lawmaker told the Denver Post that as a sworn police officer he is allowed to carry a concealed weapon inside the Capitol, although he will no longer do so.

Singer said Wright called him and "profusely apologized" for the oversight in leaving the loaded gun behind.

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-lawmaker-leaves-behind-loaded-handgun-state-capitol-234017183--finance.html

Petar
02-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Well that sounds helpful...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Cue all libtards. The ones that nonchalantly fund their easy solution for a mistaken pregnancy, but crap their pants when somebody forgets his gun in a bag.

Origanalist
02-21-2014, 09:23 PM
"It's unfortunate that this turned into a distraction, but it's a real lesson on the responsibility a person takes on when they own a firearm," Singer said in a phone interview.

Right. ""It's unfortunate". He jumped all over this like a starving hyena.

eduardo89
02-21-2014, 09:25 PM
And the gun didn't kill anyone? Wow! I thought guns kill people.

Origanalist
02-21-2014, 09:27 PM
And the gun didn't kill anyone? Wow! I thought guns kill people.

No, democrats who find forgotten guns kill people.

brushfire
02-21-2014, 09:55 PM
A canvas bag? Like one of those shopping bags? A lot of good a revolver does you in a bag, under a table.

Origanalist
02-21-2014, 09:58 PM
I smell foul.

Spikender
02-22-2014, 12:43 AM
No doubt Singer jumped into a nearby potted plant at the sight of the handgun, scared that it would demand his wallet and then fill him full of holes.