PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 13, arrested for allegedly throwing snowball at cop...felony.

phill4paul
02-21-2014, 07:18 AM
A 13-year-old boy arrested for allegedly hitting a Chicago police officer with a snowball says he was wrongly picked out of a crowd of kids walking home from school.

And besides, he adds, the snowball didn't even hit the cop.

"It made me mad," said the eighth-grader, who is facing a felony charge of battery to a police officer. “He (the officer) said the snowball hit him but it hit the car, not him."

The incident occurred around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 4900 block of West Congress Parkway, about a half a block from where the boy attends school, according to a police report.

The officer reported that the boy threw a snowball and hit him in the arm while he sat in a marked squad car. The boy was taken into custody and charged as a juvenile with aggravated battery to a peace officer, a felony. The Tribune is not naming him because he is a minor.

The eighth grader said he had just gotten out of school and was standing with about 15 classmates when someone else threw the snowball. The school’s dean and a security guard were stationed nearby and singled him out.

"He kept trying to tell the officer that he didn’t do it but they didn’t believe him," the boy's mother said. "He was standing on the corner, there was a whole crowd of kids. It’s so crazy."

The mother said she got a phone call from the officer. "He got on the phone and was saying (her son) threw a snowball at the car and the officer was in the car," the mother said.

"It’s sad, he’s only 13. I’m so upset, he’s never been in trouble before," she said. "It’s his first case."

The boy told his mom that the dean, Lenard Robertson, pointed him out and said it was him.

“I have absolutely no comment,’’ Robertson said when reached for comment.

Police said the boy has no known gang affiliation and confirmed it was his first arrest. He is slated to appear in juvenile court on March 12, police said.

In addition to the charges, the school has suspended the boy for five days, the mother said. The boy is hoping to attend Marshall or Manley high schools next year.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-boy-13-arrested-after-allegedly-throwing-snowball-at-cop-20140220,0,6134985.story

limequat
02-21-2014, 07:33 AM
I hope somebody kicks the dean in the nuts.

Anti Federalist
02-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Three Felonies a Day.

tod evans
02-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Is the fine officer okay?

Root
02-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Who's the victim?

edit, he was asking for it too

smfh

jtap
02-21-2014, 08:04 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/euikw0.gif

EBounding
02-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Is the fine officer okay?

I think so. But the officer didn't follow procedure. He failed to fire several rounds at the boy for this potentially life-threatening event (the snowball could have been a bomb).

Danke
02-21-2014, 08:19 AM
I hope the officer doesn't suffer from PTSD after this harrowing incident.

phill4paul
02-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Coulda been worse.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?442697-Snowball-weapons-possession-attempted-assault-menacing-and-harassment

jtap
02-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Luckily the boy's dog wasn't with him at the time. Dogs are great snowball throwers, as everyone knows.

green73
02-21-2014, 10:24 AM
What a pussy.

Origanalist
02-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Being a police officer is a very dangerous job. We should be grateful for the sacrifices they make to keep society safe. Snowballs are not something to take lightly.

Superfly
02-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Both my mother and father were murdered by snowball throwing hoodlums. I recently purchased an expensive kevlar suit to try to strike fear into all the street thugs in public schools.

I'm left wondering if it's worth putting my life at risk, but then I see the danger from stories like this and my resolve is renewed. I'm not the hero this country needs, that's the brave Chicago officer, I'm just the hero this country deserves.

DamianTV
02-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Three Felonies a Day.

Most of those Felones people are not even aware are considered crimes. Try telling a joke to the NSA, constitutionally protected yet still against the law. Sideways stamps are midemeanors, upside down stamps are felonies. Or outdated laws where it is unlawful for a man with a mustache to kiss a woman in public.

How long until we hit FOUR Felonies per day? FIVE? Not long. Not long at all.

fr33
02-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Terrrorism. Keeping us safe. Coulda been a grenade disguised as a snowball. Remember to be afraid.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-21-2014, 10:08 PM
That kid did this to himself.

RickyJ
02-21-2014, 11:08 PM
I bet the cop feels real good about having a kid go to jail over something like this. I guess it is just one of those perks of the job. It is too bad Andy Griffith wasn't a real sheriff, he probably would have talked to the kid and give him a warning that if he did it again he would tell his parents.

Spikender
02-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Fuck the police!

This boy is learning his first lesson about what kind of world we live in. I hope this experience sticks with him and he grows into a fine young individual campaigning against police abuse and the police state.

Either way, I feel bad for this boy who was just being a typical innocent troublemaker not hurting anyone. I swear... all my life people have thrown snowballs, even at strangers, and no one got charge with a fucking felony for it. If I was this boy's dad...

I don't know what I would do. I would probably die from a blood vessel popping in my head.

Thanks, Officer, you've set this boy up on the good path!

Mani
02-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Doesn't the cop feel like a pussy? I mean...You are arresting a kid for a snowball.

Is your life so sad and pathetic that you would arrest a child coz he threw snow at you?

Are you such an untouchable that the thought of snow hitting your arm is so shocking and terrifying that the only appropriate justice is to throw the kid in a cage?

Wouldn't it be embarrassing? "Ya, this kid threw a snowball at me, so I arrested him, coz he's a threat and I feared for my safety, and no one is allowed to throw snow at me, not even a kid. So ya."

Mani
02-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Check out this poll:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/23/what-happened-to-a-boy-after-he-allegedly-threw-a-snowball-at-a-cop/

Should the kid have been arrested. Thank God 83% are NO's 4932. A resounding win, that shows people still aren't completed fucked in the head.

But somewhat scary...17%, that's almost 20%, that's 1000+ people that voted that a KID should be arrested for throwing a snowball at an officer.

WOW! 1,000 people actually believe Police are the protected class, the untouchables, and a snowball thrown at an officer is a felony or at least an arrestable offense. No wonder there are people who say, "He did this to himself" when a guy gets his faced bashed to death because he failed to sit appropriately or give correct answers.

I'm still happy about the 80%+ but wow. This story is so ridiculous.

DamianTV
02-24-2014, 03:24 AM
Would not the appropriate course of action to have been to pack a light snowball and throw it back at the kid?

PaulConventionWV
02-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Being a police officer is a very dangerous job. We should be grateful for the sacrifices they make to keep society safe. Snowballs are not something to take lightly.

Actually, they kinda are.

RJB
02-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Would not the appropriate course of action to have been to pack a light snowball and throw it back at the kid?

That's what a well balanced person would do, and they'd do it with a genuine smile and a carefree heart.

Icymudpuppy
02-24-2014, 08:52 AM
City Mayors and County Sheriff's are the elected officials who should be firing cops like this. If your local city mayor or county sheriff tolerates this level of pussy, they need to be replaced.

In a local community in my area, Napavine WA, the city police were getting so aggressive that local businesses were losing money because customers would rather go to the next town down the road than patronize. The townspeople elected a new Mayor, a kid just out of highschool who fired the chief of police and his entire force.

Root
02-24-2014, 10:02 AM

That's what a well balanced person would do, and they'd do it with a genuine smile and a carefree heart.

Exactly.

http://blog.shawnhyde.com/image.axd?picture=2012%2F1%2Fronpaul-snowball.jpg

Cissy
02-26-2014, 11:00 AM

Any normal, rational, decent person would do so.

Cissy
02-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Three Felonies a Day.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."