PDA

View Full Version : OMG. Why I'm very, very skeptical about Glenn Beck

mrd
11-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Last night I turned on the TV to see Glenn Beck hosting a documentary, of sorts, on CNN Headline News. It was titled Radical Islam Exposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykkG2ScoDLg

I've never seen such anti-Iran propaganda ever. Now, I don't know how much is being exaggerated, distorted, or what have you. I can tell you it was chock full of culture shock and was clearly designed to garner support for a preemptive strike on Iran.

There were mentions of Iran:
- developing missiles that will reach US soil
- developing nuclear weapons
- being the #1 supporter of terror in the world
- planning a Jewish genocide
And megaloads more. It was insane. I was shocked to see this kind of propaganda on my own television, and the damned show was hosted by Beck.

I find it hard to believe Glenn Beck will give Ron Paul a fair interview, considering he has hosted the, by far, most heinous, propagandistic, pro-war with Iran television I've seen. Ever.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Yea, Beck has been pushing for Iran all along.

however i beleive ron paul if given the full hour as promised, will have plenty of time to discuss why iran is not the threat people seem to think, and there is absolutely nothing in the constitution that justifies pre-emptive war.

As long as RP is given the time to speak, i have no worries about him going on beck.

Sevryn45
11-30-2007, 07:44 AM
I've never seen such anti-Iran propaganda ever. Now, I don't know how much is being exaggerated, distorted, or what have you. I can tell you it was chock full of culture shock and was clearly designed to garner support for a preemptive strike on Iran.

And megaloads more. It was insane. I was shocked to see this kind of propaganda on my own television, and the damned show was hosted by Beck.

I find it hard to believe Glenn Beck will give Ron Paul a fair interview, considering he has hosted the, by far, most heinous, propagandistic, pro-war with Iran television I've seen. Ever.

OK let's get this untangled, not all Muslims are good some are radical and hate us reguardless and will continue to do so because we are infidels. Saying that Ahmedinijad is nuts and crazy is not making fun of the guy, he deserves that lable, the MUllahs are nuts.

bulloncoins
11-30-2007, 07:46 AM
It is best for Dr. Paul to confront these things head on. Atleast he will have more than 30 seconds to respond. He will be able to get his views on the matter out to the American people. Have faith in him. He will do just fine.

In the end, its all about how many we could touch with the message, and how many will listen and respond.

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Beck will smear him in every subtle way he can.

But the grassroots wants him to go, so be it.

rfbz
11-30-2007, 07:50 AM
it's going to be a normal interview guys. couple softballs, a couple "I definitely agree with you on that" and a couple tough questions. I think it will be great

Glenn makes mistakes just like anyone else. He seems like he's sincerely trying to figure out the right direction the US should be headed, and I think Ron Paul can make the case. (This isn't Bill O'Reilly where his opinion is absolute gospel.)

Austin
11-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Last night I turned on the TV to see Glenn Beck hosting a documentary, of sorts, on CNN Headline News. It was titled Radical Islam Exposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykkG2ScoDLg

It's kind of funny because our own CIA says the exact opposite when it comes to Iran. Also, Congressman Paul serves on the foreign relations branch of Congress. I'll believe him over some radio show host any day.

Platondas
11-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Glenn Beck's offer is too good to turn down even if he intends to spend the whole time trying to bash Ron.

me3
11-30-2007, 07:55 AM
OK let's get this untangled, not all Muslims are good some are radical and hate us reguardless and will continue to do so because we are infidels. Saying that Ahmedinijad is nuts and crazy is not making fun of the guy, he deserves that lable, the MUllahs are nuts.
Many neocons believe in killing civilians and innocents for a profit, and to spread a global agenda.

I'm not defending Ahmadinejad, but he has been totally mis-characterized by the MSM, and even the most basic amount of research will yield a more complete picture.

He might not even be in office in the future. He's elected democratically, not a dictator and the Iranian democracy seems to function according to the will of the people.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Free Press. Don't you love it!

Bloody Yanks!

Love-hate relationship with their political masters.

Roll out the red carpet!

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Stop being a parody.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 08:05 AM
The media RULES your lives like no other country.

The Primary system is a farce.

Time to get serious boys and girls.

IHaveaDream
11-30-2007, 08:05 AM
And how would it help our movement to limit Dr. Paul to interviews with hosts who "aren't" neocons? To do so would simply be preaching to the choir. You'll never change hearts and minds by avoiding confrontations. Glenn Beck speaks for a lot of the same people who routinely listen to Limbaugh and Hannity. If we can get a reasonable opportunity to speak to that audience through this format, we would be foolish not to. Some people are too blind to look beyond the neocon agenda, but there are also some who can be won over.

I should know -- I was one of them.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Fuck anybody's agenda, go kick some ass.

No more sucking up, only the most weak limp wristed would be Republicans.

NerveShocker
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
I saw the documentary... or fake documentary(though I missed the beginning). I can tell you right off the bat that this was completely anti-Muslim and totally offensive to watch. They at one point interviewed somebody who made outrageous comments against the entire Islam community. He said something along the lines that people are taught to look forward to the next life so much in Islamic teachings that they forget about living there life here on earth. Those aren't exact words as I'm just repeated what I heard but it was COMPLETELY ridiculous. Everybody knows that every religion has radicals. It's like Ron Paul has said they don't fight us for no reason. We are considered invaders and if we were invaded we would do the same. Notice that since the whole WMD thing fell to pieces (and the media stopped covering it) which was our reason for war we still haven't been told the TRUE reasons for the Iraq War. It so ignorant to think like Glen beck does that we have to pursue them because they threaten us. This is EXACTLY why they threaten and fight us we won't leave them, their land, and their resources alone! It's called blowback and Ron Paul talks about it all the time.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Why would you be a Republican? What do they stand for?

NerveShocker
11-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Why would you be a Republican? What do they stand for?

Sigh.. We are voting not based on party lines based on the Candidate. Ron Paul stands for everything that this country needs. He is the only one to admit the North American Union is on the way. Notice how in the debate he mentioned that nobody talks about the North American Union then after his comments his opponents proceeded to say nothing. Not even 1 dared to attack his comments about the North American Union. If it was not true they would have been all over him like an injured animal... This is only 1 of the many things he is willing to speak about and take a stand on that no other Democrat, Republican, or Independent are brave enough to do.

rockwell
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
"Saying that Ahmedinijad is nuts and crazy is not making fun of the guy, he deserves that lable"

It's 'label' and no, he isn't even remotely "nuts and crazy".

How old are you?

anotherone
11-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I've never realized what a bunch of asses we have in the media until this campaign. Their refusal to ask Ron any questions of substance (everyone asks "will you run 3rd party") and actually try to educate their viewers is first proof. The whole Nevada brothel bullshit made up by Fox fucker Tucker is second proof. Ignoring Ron for the first 35 minutes of the cnn debate.

etc.

They are *ALL RATS*.

Bossobass
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Let's get this straight: Not every American is good. (Hell, our own President has called the Constitution 'just a gd piece of paper')

The facts that remain at the top of the list in this debate are that:
The US has, by supporting a coup, exploited the oil reserves of Iran.
The US has supported Saddam in his war against Iran.
The US has illegally invaded and occupied Iraq and is stealing it's oil as we speak.
The US has been the first to say 'Death to Iran, by nuclear first strike if necessary'.

Iran has done nothing more than react, with rhetoric, to the above.

Beck is a moron.

I grew up hearing this crapola from McCarthy to Reagan, about Communism, yet we allowed Clinton to hand over our technology and huge cash investments to allow Communist China to enable their long range missiles to reach the US, and to supplant our industrial base.

Bosso