PDA

View Full Version : Twice I've Received Meetup Mail for the Blimp Launch on Dec 10th _ What??

Mark
11-30-2007, 07:06 AM
What are y'all doing?

What's up with the "announcement" thing about the blimp taking off in less than two weeks?

Are the people behind this like 12 years old?

Do you really expect people to take you seriously sending out mess like this?

You don't have a dime in hand for something that costs a half million and you're announcing the launch on Dec 10th?

I doubt that they couldn't even build it that soon if they started right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcing a new event for The Triangle Ron Paul 2008 Meetup!

What: Ron Paul Blimp Take off in Elizabeth City, NC - RALLY!!!

When: Monday, December 10, 12:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: The Ron Paul Blimp will be taking off from Elizabeth City, NC on December 10th. It will be traveling up to Boston, hopefully, to arrive on the 15th. Just in time for the 16th! There will be a rally at the takeoff. It is on Monday, so I'm not sure who will be able to go, but it would be a great event to be at and to catch on video. It would be a great promotion for our meetup. Please visit the official website: http://ronpaulblimp.com/

Mark
11-30-2007, 07:46 AM
bump. Just curious WHY?

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
I really believe the people behind the blimp were shills and the whole thing is either a scam or a joke. There are no PACs formed to even collect the money for the blimp.

ProximoAZ
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
They are not building it, it is being leased the blimp already exists, just need to put a new sign on it. It will be available starting on the 10th. If the money is real they are saying it will launch then.

RonPaulCult
11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Come on now guys - calm down. When you say "the people behind the blimp" you do realize that could include a lot of people? Why do you assume that any groups or people that sent you a blimp launch e-mail are the same people that will collect the money and launch the blimp?

I have seen the real people behind the blimp say that you can expect the collecting of the money to begin within the next day or so. It will all happen very quickly because it has to.

They have been very clear for some time now that they will not be forming a PAC. They have reasons for this and those reasons have been explained.

Relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 08:14 AM
I really believe the people behind the blimp were shills and the whole thing is either a scam or a joke. There are no PACs formed to even collect the money for the blimp.You don't know what you talking about because evidently you want to make comments on what you don't know. Try reading the posts or at least search them. That is rather insulting to the people working hard to get this done. AS MANY TIMES AS THEY HAVE POSTED THIS, THEY CAN"T HAVE A PAC BUT ARE GOING TO FINANCE LEGALLY ANOTHER WAY!! it's been less than 2 weeks, could you come up with an idea, promote it , find an available blimp, raise the money, put together a legal vehicle and design it that fast. It would never happen in industry. Show me you could better or be nice about.

TechnoGuyRob
11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Um. Trevor is behind the blimp, guys. It's forreal.

McDermit
11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Trevor just made the site, didn't he? It seemed like Elijah was spearheading it.

There was supposed to be a notice a few nights ago about this new legal method. Am I missing something, or did this never happen?

Mark
11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Trevor just made the site, didn't he? It seemed like Elijah was spearheading it.

There was supposed to be a notice a few nights ago about this new legal method. Am I missing something, or did this never happen?

No matter what, I think some young friends are learning how to do things like this.

And we all know that experience is the best teacher. It's all good. Mostly. Sometimes. ;)

Bacon
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Guys, the site is done and ready to process payments. Be patient, we're waiting for the legal stuff to be wrapped up. Expect the new site later today.