PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine - Mirrors Brought to Protests: Police Forced to Look at What They’ve Become

Anti Federalist
02-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Mirrors Brought to Protests: Police Forced to Look at What They’ve Become

http://filmingcops.com/mirrors-brought-to-protests-police-forced-to-look-at-what-theyve-become/

UKRAINE — In a move that is picking up international attention, the people of Ukraine have begun bringing mirrors to their protests.

They say they’re doing it to force police to look at their own reflection, in a piercing psychological reminder of what they’ve turned into.

The idea came about after police were seen violently attacking hundreds of Ukrainians who are upset with their government.

In one shocking video, swarms of police can be seen kicking, stomping, and trampling a defenseless man.

Now, police are being forced to face themselves in the mirror.

Several appeared to be ashamed or confused. Several others smiled as if to pretend that it didn’t get to them.

Others turned away, not wanting to look at all.

Many protesters also brought signs that read, “Who are you protecting?”

They believe that police have become an institution designed to protect criminal governments rather than families and communities.

The mirrors have had an intense effect on the psyches of many officers.

Some reports suggest that the government currently has plans to ban the use of mirrors at protests, labeling them as “potential weapons.”

Several officers could not even look at themselves in the mirror.

As news about the mirrors continues to spread online, it is sure to become a trend in protests around the world, with commenters saying things like:

“That is the most beautiful and brilliant form of protest I have heard of in a long time.”

and:

“Unless you’ve had every shred of decency and humanity brainwashed out of you, how could you not be ashamed on some level to see yourself standing there; an iron-clad Stormtrooper armed to beat back your own people.

Congratulations, you’ve become a Nazi, your mother must be very proud. I will Never understand how someone could do that.”

and:

“I don’t agree with the reason that Ukrainians are protesting (they want to be included in the corrupt EU), but this is a DAMN good idea. I hope it spreads”

juleswin
02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
From the link, I see this picture(below) and I really really hate to bring up my conspiracy hat, but who the hell took and released those pictures? They had to be standing in the police lines to capture those pictures and then one has to wonder why the evil and oppressive police men would let em take the picture in the first place. Hate to say this, but this smells like a stagged event ala the so called freed Iraqi's coming to pull down the statue of Saddam Hussein.

http://filmingcops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/protest-filming-cops-3.jpg

I need to see a video with a wide angle view of the event to believe it happened on the ground with real Ukrainian police. I have been sold a bunch of lies with women and children to fall for another one and remember the women and children are just the ruse to soften up the blow coming from the real muscles who are the young men ready to unleash hell.

gwax23
02-19-2014, 02:13 PM
love it

Occam's Banana
02-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Some reports suggest that the government currently has plans to ban the use of mirrors at protests, labeling them as “potential weapons.”

Oh.

Well.

Damn.

So much for that idea, I guess ...

ZENemy
02-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Oh.

Well.

Damn.

So much for that idea, I guess ...

We can all wrap ourselves up with this

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1276722172/Pap-font-b-aluminium-b-font-sun-room-glass-membrane-roof-aluminum-font-b-foil-b.jpg

Uriel999
02-19-2014, 03:25 PM
They are just going to get hit with shards of broken mirrors once they get batonned back.

heavenlyboy34
02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
From the link, I see this picture(below) and I really really hate to bring up my conspiracy hat, but who the hell took and released those pictures? They had to be standing in the police lines to capture those pictures and then one has to wonder why the evil and oppressive police men would let em take the picture in the first place. Hate to say this, but this smells like a stagged event ala the so called freed Iraqi's coming to pull down the statue of Saddam Hussein.

http://filmingcops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/protest-filming-cops-3.jpg

I need to see a video with a wide angle view of the event to believe it happened on the ground with real Ukrainian police. I have been sold a bunch of lies with women and children to fall for another one and remember the women and children are just the ruse to soften up the blow coming from the real muscles who are the young men ready to unleash hell.
2 words-telescope lens. They're relatively cheap now and widely available.

Tod
02-19-2014, 04:03 PM
US and EU Are Paying Ukrainian Rioters & Protesters
Dr Paul Craig Roberts | February 18, 2014

Washington’s drive to exploit every opportunity to establish its hegemony over the world

A number of confirmations have come in from readers that Washington is fueling the violent protests in Ukraine with our taxpayer dollars. Washington has no money for food stamps or to prevent home foreclosures, but it has plenty of money with which to subvert Ukraine.
One reader wrote: “My wife, who is of Ukrainian nationality, has weekly contact to her parents and friends in Zhytomyr [NW Ukraine]. According to them, most protesters get an average payment of 200-300 grivna, corresponding to about 15-25 euro. As I additionally heard, one of the most active agencies and ‘payment outlets’ on EU side is the German ‘Konrad Adenauer Stiftung’, being closely connected to the CDU, i.e. Mrs. Merkel’s party.”
Johannes Loew of the Internet site elynitthria.net/ writes: “I am just back from Ukraine (I live in Munich/Germany) and I was a lot at the Maidan. Most of those people get only 100 grivna. 300 is for Students.”
As I reported on February 12, “Washington Orchestrated Protests Are Destabilizing Ukraine,” Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, a rabid Russophobe and neoconservative warmonger, told the National Press Club last December that the US has “invested” $5 billion in organizing a network to achieve US goals in Ukraine in order to give “Ukraine the future it deserves.”

more at...

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2014/02/18/us-and-eu-are-paying-ukrainian-rioters-protesters/

Philhelm
02-19-2014, 04:58 PM
As an added feature, if the mirrors get broken, the wielder can use a shard to slice the necks of his enemies.

Spikender
02-19-2014, 08:04 PM
This is a very complicated situation and it's hard for me to say what I really think about it. I don't support the government or their stormtroopers in Ukraine, but this entire situation of course features outside Western influence because our governments can never keep their damn hands out of anything.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2014, 08:06 PM
This is a very complicated situation and it's hard for me to say what I really think about it. I don't support the government or their stormtroopers in Ukraine, but this entire situation of course features outside Western influence because our governments can never keep their damn hands out of anything.

It looks like two groups fighting over who gets to tyrannize who.

Pretty much human history.

Like this commenter:

“I don’t agree with the reason that Ukrainians are protesting (they want to be included in the corrupt EU), but this is a DAMN good idea. I hope it spreads”

I agree.

juleswin
02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
2 words-telescope lens. They're relatively cheap now and widely available.

Yea, but those weren't taken with telescope lens. You can see from the reflection of some of the mirrors of people taking pictures from the back. So you'll have to believe that these evil men will turn their back to potential danger, also have just one line of defense so that someone behind them can get a really nice picture of them looking evil.

I have been searching youtube for the video taken of the incident and the only thing that shows up are videos of people discussing the still images from that day. I cannot believe that there were not one video camera in the vicinity that could have captured the event as it happened. I think this was staged with actors wearing Ukrainian police uniforms to create propaganda story in support for these violent protestors. These police men know exactly what they are facing and I am sure most of them believe they are facing attack from western bought agitator, you don't feel any guilt if you think you're defending a just cause.

presence
02-19-2014, 09:03 PM
///
not much to say... but bump

FloralScent
02-19-2014, 09:08 PM
more at...

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2014/02/18/us-and-eu-are-paying-ukrainian-rioters-protesters/

This article is confirmation of what should be obvious to anyone who can think for themselves. I never had any doubt this was the case.

purplechoe
02-19-2014, 09:14 PM
http://c1ecolocalizercom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/2014/01/ukrainemirror.jpg

http://www.popularresistance.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ukraine-police-in-mirror-looking-down-e1388874660280.jpg

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-Tb1_KqMMuPQ/TtObimI_nVI/AAAAAAAAADY/Rq7zI7qjQiA/s1600/381624_10150470975414467_6609394-762341.jpg

Henry Rogue
02-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Watch the video at AF's link? That guy must have been beat by twenty different cops as they ran by. Chaos and violence, whats the difference between that and San Francisco or Somalia?

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Staged. Brilliant...and staged.

Call me back when this tactic is legitimately used.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Those Pro EU fascist village protesters are truly dersapate to join the EU sinking ship after join they will probably live in an Western country.

juleswin
02-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Staged. Brilliant...and staged.

Call me back when this tactic is legitimately used.

Yup, the protestors are not really old women with mirrors, they are capable young men with bricks, sticks, petrol bombs and guns. And how the Ukrainian govt were able to get these poor police men out to deal with these animals without an armored tanker is beyond me. To get me out there, I would need at least a chain fed Gatling gun mounted on a truck so I can mow them down once they start throwing lethal attacks my direction.

And fair is fair, if they ended up the victors, then they deserve to what ever spoils that remains. But people should no passively submit themselves to be invaded without a fight.

Forget the propaganda with mirrors, this is what they really look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kTv_8lwiQ

AngryCanadian
02-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Its clear the protesters arent peacefully.

Pericles
02-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Its clear the protesters arent peacefully.

A peaceful protest is like signing a petition. As Machiavelli says, it is better to be feared than to be loved.

juleswin
02-20-2014, 11:15 AM
A peaceful protest is like signing a petition. As Machiavelli says, it is better to be feared than to be loved.

Or what we say in Egypt, they took a lot of abuse without ever firing back and after a lot of death and general support from the country, they were able to throw out the corrupt leaders. Of course the story did not exactly end well for them cos it was just replaced with another puppet government. But there is such a thing like a peaceful protest

JustinTime
02-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Wow, someone at the CIA deserves a raise for thinking up that nifty idea.

Its essentially a struggle between the West and Russia to see who Ukraine will ally with.

But at the same time a civil war between pro-western and pro-Russian camps within the country. Regardless, we ought to STAY OUT of it (but I'm sure we've already gotten ours hands dirtied).

parocks
02-20-2014, 02:04 PM
We can all wrap ourselves up with this

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1276722172/Pap-font-b-aluminium-b-font-sun-room-glass-membrane-roof-aluminum-font-b-foil-b.jpg

See my suggestions - what we could do Tampa 2012.

I can tell you that aluminized mylar is see through if you're wearing it, and a mirror if you aren't.

They're called emergency blankets, they cost less than $5 at Walmart, and they're big enough to cover somebody. duct tape plus emergency blanket = big mirror clothes.

Here's 12 of them for $12 on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/130729993150?lpid=82

52 x 84

Carson
02-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Check out this post on Fark.

It looks like they found a new way to mirror them?

http://www.fark.com/comments/8153172/89414002#c89414002

EBounding
02-22-2014, 07:03 PM
*garsp* It might make them self aware! It reminds me of a study that found kids are less likely to steal from halloween candy bowls if there's a mirror right behind it.

http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=1981-01088-001

Abstract
Two field studies explored the relationship between self-awareness and transgressive behavior. 363 Halloween trick-or-treaters (children) were instructed to take only 1 candy. Self-awareness induced by the presence of a mirror placed behind the candy bowl decreased transgression rates for Ss who had been individuated by asking them their name and address but did not affect the behavior of Ss left anonymous. Self-awareness influenced older but not younger Ss. Naturally occurring standards instituted by the behavior of the 1st child to approach the candy bowl in each group were shown to interact with the experimenter's verbally stated standard. The behavior of 349 children in the 2nd study replicated the findings of the 1st study. Additionally, when no standard was stated by the experimenter, Ss took more candy when not self-aware than when self-aware.