PDA

View Full Version : Today vs. Nov 5

jlink7
11-30-2007, 06:34 AM
Compare the graphs, as of this posting, the momentum is about 1/10th that of November 5th. (1/3 the momentum in the first few hours...)

Nov. 5 Snapshot:
http://paulcash.slact.net/November-5th/today-paulflow.png

Today:
http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulflow.png

Gotta' pick up the pace quite a bit to reach $2 million. I know things really start picking up at 8am or so, but trending is still somewhat relevant.

jake
11-30-2007, 06:37 AM
hopefully it will snowball, get the word out there and donate more if you can!

AlexMerced
11-30-2007, 06:44 AM
this is pretty good considering the short time frame, I think it'll really snow ball later, we haven't evenbroken 1000 donors as I post this so we got a lot of room to grow considerover 30k donatioed on the 5th.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 06:52 AM
I hope you folks are right and things will pick up momentum.

A lot of people thought this money bomb would dilute the Tea Party. It might be that the Tea Party is diluting this. It's unfortunate, because the campaign needs the money now in order to buy the needed airtime to get

V O T E S

which is what all our efforts should be working toward.

It would be a shame to lose V O T E S - and as a result,

R O N P A U L ' S E L E C T I O N -

if the focus is on a flashy publicity event that will provide the funds needed to buy airtime too late to convince people to vote for Ron Paul. (Who pays attention to political ads that close to the holidays anyway?)

Plus, I'd suspect the prime slots for advertising (e.g., during the 6 PM news) are available now. By 2 1/2 weeks from now those slots may have been purchased by others (not necessarily political campaigns). It would be ineffective to have oodles of ads running from midnight to 6 AM.

I do hope people donate today.

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 06:56 AM
We are doing great so far! We have collected almost 100K and it is not even 8AM! There are tons of people who are not even AWAKE right now!

There is no reason we cannot hit 12 million dollars by the end of today!

CasualApathy
11-30-2007, 06:57 AM

A lot of people thought this money bomb would dilute the Tea Party. It might be that the Tea Party is diluting this. It's unfortunate, because the campaign needs the money now in order to buy the needed airtime to get

V O T E S

if the focus is on a flashy publicity event that will provide the funds needed to buy airtime too late to convince people to vote for Ron Paul. (Who pays attention to political ads that close to the holidays anyway?)

Plus, I'd suspect the prime slots for advertising (e.g., during the 6 PM news) are available now. By 2 1/2 weeks from now those slots may have been purchased by others (not necessarily political campaigns). It would be ineffective to have oodles of ads running from midnight to 6 AM.

I think what we are all feeling today is that we all wish today was the Tea Party. we are all so ready to go right now, especially after recent events.

I say, split it.

Triton
11-30-2007, 07:01 AM
I did my thang this morning.

me3
11-30-2007, 07:08 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44293

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 07:24 AM
We are spiking yet again!

Please keep spreading the word and donating!

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 07:29 AM
I think what we are all feeling today is that we all wish today was the Tea Party. we are all so ready to go right now, especially after recent events.

I say, split it.

Why not donate the majority of the funds now and thereby increase the donor base? With ads running between now and the Tea Party, and if the Tea Party is mentioned in the ads, then the Tea Party could be larger.

If there are not enough funds to buy enough of those ads there will be a far lesser impact and less donors to the Tea Party.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 07:29 AM
I did my thang this morning.

Awesome! Thanks very much.

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 07:31 AM
I hope everything turns out well but just in case, I hope the admin is open to the idea of a rant and grievances subforum so people can vent. In this way, it will not clog the everyday business of the grassroots.

But then again that is just an opinion.

CasualApathy
11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, looking at those graphs it seems we should get about 1/10th of what we raised on the 5th. This means the second-best fundraising day of the quarter.

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2007, 08:53 AM

V O T E S

Amen!! Unfortunately many people have become to caught up in their ego's and own agendas with the Teaparty and are completely ignoring the campaign and its goals. I personally was for the Tea party until the campaign directed us they need this money for advertising NOW! not later. I now am 100000000000% against the teaparty for the principle alone that many people are holding out until then, and thus could DESTROY the campaigns chances. Everyone that is saying wait, or split it, or give some now and more later I am ashamed of.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Amen!! Unfortunately many people have become to caught up in their ego's and own agendas with the Teaparty and are completely ignoring the campaign and its goals. ... I now am 100000000000% against the teaparty for the principle alone that many people are holding out until then, and thus could DESTROY the campaigns chances. Everyone that is saying wait, or split it, or give some now and more later I am ashamed of.

AMENNNN!!!!!

Unfortunately there are not enough of us who feel as we do to make this be as big as it truly needs to be in order to make Ron Paul's candidacy effective.

dante
11-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I think the campaign has been hoping to get us over Rudy's last quarter total asap so that the Dr. can stay in the news. Lets break that $10,259,000 mark today then we are fine. I'm sure Bydlak or maybe even the Dr. this time will send out another email later in the day thanking us.

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Nov 30th is already getting big coverage. It's in USA Today and the Miami Herald today!

Imagine what we'll do if we reach $12 million.

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Today will make or break this campaign. period. If ANYONE holds out then we have let down Dr. Paul. The eyes of the media, and the world are upon us. If we do nothing now, the tea party will not matter, we will already be old news. If we do not get the money for ads now, it wont matter all the air time will be taken. If we do not give our 100% today, we will lose.

Bryan
11-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I hope everything turns out well but just in case, I hope the admin is open to the idea of a rant and grievances subforum so people can vent. In this way, it will not clog the everyday business of the grassroots.

But then again that is just an opinion.

Hot Topics can work fine for this. :) But still, if there is enough demand- it can happen. :) Thanks.

CasualApathy
11-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Amen!! Unfortunately many people have become to caught up in their ego's and own agendas with the Teaparty and are completely ignoring the campaign and its goals. I personally was for the Tea party until the campaign directed us they need this money for advertising NOW! not later. I now am 100000000000% against the teaparty for the principle alone that many people are holding out until then, and thus could DESTROY the campaigns chances. Everyone that is saying wait, or split it, or give some now and more later I am ashamed of.

I usually stay out of this debate because it really isn't that constructive, but since you say that you are ashamed of me (I have suggested the compromise of splitting the money) here are my thoughts.

1. BIG moneybombs are the most effective.
What we saw on the 5th was not only the result of a great idea going viral, it was a result of the donation-event itself going viral. When people logged on to ronpaul2008.com and saw money pouring in at a rate of 3.000,00 pr. minute, it made them want to donate as well.

2. The Tea Party was probably pushed too far into the future at the outset.
Even now i find the 16-day wait terrible. However, it also has all that anticipation building. I believe that the bomb today shows it. People who simply cant/wont wait are coming out in force today, and that is a very good thing. When the Tea Party finally comes, I think it is very possible to reach the 10 million goal for two reasons. First there is all the hard work by supporters making sure that everyone who knows Ron Paul knows about the Tea Party. And then there is the looooong buildup, with people strapping their money down so it doesnt go donate itself while they are not looking.

3. We need both.
Is it not possible to support the Tea Party, and the people holding back to make it as huge as possible, AND support the supporters who want to keep donations up on a day to day basis? We need both in my opinion. Then let people decide their personal approach. I don't believe that donating at ANY time HURTS the campaign, in fact the people donating today are helping the campaign buy commercials and spend generously, while the people donating for the Tea Party will both help with the final campaign blitz, and even with the current spending because the campaign knows that the money is out there, and will come pouring in when the day arrives.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Today will make or break this campaign. period. If ANYONE holds out then we have let down Dr. Paul. The eyes of the media, and the world are upon us. If we do nothing now, the tea party will not matter, we will already be old news. If we do not get the money for ads now, it wont matter all the air time will be taken. If we do not give our 100% today, we will lose.

This should be in BOLD letters at the TOP of every forum relating to Ron Paul. Thank you for putting it so succinctly.

WRellim
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM

My my, a very zealous post. But zeal without knowledge.

The campaign is doing VERY well financially. They have sufficient cash to buy the advertising they need in the early states (in fact most of the advertising for NH and IA has already been purchased and paid for) -- additional cash raised in the next month will be nearly impossible to spend on advertising in NH or IA, and instead will actually be spent on the Feb 5th "phase 2" states, the single-day when primaries are held in 21 states across the nation.

Now yes, child, I know you're upset because you've gotten letters from another child crying "Wolf, Wolf, Wolf at the door!" -- because he somehow mistakenly believes that his job is to run around crying "Wolf, Wolf" and scaring the natives. Foolish child.

Don't be a foolish child today, OK? Quit running around and scaring the natives! You're making them want to leave the town.