PDA

View Full Version : OH-Welcome to the neighborhood. Cop shows up and shoots family's dog.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Columbus Police Officer Fatally Shoots Family Dog

http://abc6onyourside.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wsyx_columbus-police-officer-fatally-shoots-family-dog-29314.shtml

Updated: Monday, February 17 2014, 08:02 PM EST

http://abc6onyourside.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories//images/web_james_dog_29314.jpg

WEST COLUMBUS (James Jackson/Kelsey Mallahan) -- A family’s dog was fatally shot Sunday by police officers after they were called to the home because a moving truck was blocking traffic.

Brittnay Bergman and Dustin Ramsey just moved into the house on South Wayne Ave. They said when officers came to their door, their three to four-year-old Boxer, Delilah, ran out of the house.

"She jumped off the porch, growled at him. Put herself in the corner of our fence and greenhouse," Ramsey said.

Ramsey said that's when the officer grabbed his weapon.

"Shot at the dog nine times. She got nipped once with the first shot. Then the second shot dropped her," Ramsey said. "He [officer] said that he felt like his life was in jeopardy and that he was coming from a high stressful situation," Bergman said.

Now, their other dog is left without its friend and so is Brittnay's son.

"It's my 16-month old's dog and I don't know how I'm going to explain it to him when he comes home from his grandma's," Bergman said.

Bergman and Ramsey said their new home no longer feels like home. They now want to live somewhere else, but spent all of their money on this last move.

Columbus police said they are investigating the incident. They will interview witnesses and determine whether or not the officer followed procedure.

Origanalist
02-19-2014, 12:13 AM
Columbus police said they are investigating the incident. They will interview witnesses and determine whether or not the officer followed procedure.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3384035/pennywise-the-clown-o.gif

DamianTV
02-19-2014, 02:51 AM

Shooting Dogs IS "Proper Procedure". Most likely nothing will happen to the Cop.

Without Accountable Authority, you have Anarchy of Govt.

Spikender
02-19-2014, 03:16 AM
Hopefully the cops won't chip a nail while typing up the official story as to why the cops are right and nothing should be done to stop the rampant murder of people and pets across the nation.

phill4paul
02-19-2014, 06:09 AM
FFS. It's one dog. There might be a "fear of being bit." There is no "fear for life." Did this cop have an expandable baton? Pepper spray? Taser? Any of those might have been an appropriate response were the dog actually threatening. The mindset to instinctually draw and fire a service weapon will get a human killed someday. "The 7 year old had a cap pistol. I feared for my life!"

tod evans
02-19-2014, 06:16 AM

Expecting the police to police the police is foolish...

The beatings will continue as long as we let them....

Cissy
02-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood, Mundane.

RJB
02-19-2014, 08:33 AM
This killing in the line of duty needs to be looked at differently. When I was a firefighter, if a person or animal interfered with our work, we didn't tase, beat them up, or shoot them. When I worked in a nursing home and had to change a demented person's diaper and the demented person fought back, we didn't tase, beat them up, or shoot them. It really is insane that people assume cops need to tase, beat up, or shoot every little obstacle.

EBounding
02-19-2014, 09:24 AM
"Shot at the dog nine times."

Yes, a Boxer is much more life threatening than spraying the neighborhood with bullets.

Root
02-19-2014, 09:31 AM
The dog asked for it.

Lafayette
02-19-2014, 09:41 AM
I think you are all missing the most important part of the story here...

" they were called to the home because a moving truck was blocking traffic."

The man or woman who called the cops out in the first place deserves a visit from officer friendly, an eye for an eye so to speak.

JK/SEA
02-19-2014, 09:45 AM
damn, don't any of you realize how much time it takes to get in 'humanity mode'?...ya gotta stop, bend down to the dog, talk nice, offer your hand, palm down, get the dog to come over to you, then ya gotta pet the bastard....time..... time they don't have.... Kill the fucker and move on to the business at hand...

policy followed.

get over it.

SeanTX
02-19-2014, 12:06 PM
The mindset to instinctually draw and fire a service weapon will get a human killed someday. "The 7 year old had a cap pistol. I feared for my life!"

This mindset already has killed many innocent humans. I think there's a direct link between the casual dog shootings and things like shooting teenagers for holding Wii controllers. That's why the dog shootings shouldn't be minimized and dismissed because it's "just a dog", as some people want to do.

Origanalist
02-19-2014, 12:18 PM
The dog asked for it.

Sadly, he brought this on himself.

phill4paul
02-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Have police unions begun to invest in veterinary services as a way to shore up pensions? If not they should probably look into it.

moostraks
02-19-2014, 02:08 PM
damn, don't any of you realize how much time it takes to get in 'humanity mode'?...ya gotta stop, bend down to the dog, talk nice, offer your hand, palm down, get the dog to come over to you, then ya gotta pet the bastard....time..... time they don't have.... Kill the fucker and move on to the business at hand...

policy followed.

get over it.

And this is exactly what they seem to be thinking nowadays...well said!

moostraks
02-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Sadly, he brought this on himself.

What happened to frank? Did he go underground after making this meme for us? Haven't seen him spreading his love and joy lately...

Pericles
02-19-2014, 04:26 PM

Who has time for all that? I've got to check Twitter all day, so some twits can tell me who Miley Cyrus is going to blow next. You know, important stuff. /s

ZENemy
02-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Cops are pansy ass bitches that need to learn how to handle dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY-_vpo-Ayc

Spikender
02-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Cops are pansy ass bitches that need to learn how to handle dogs.

QFT.

I don't think that's the whole story though. I've started to think this is simply gang behavior, where they essentially kill one of your family members to show you your place, which is underneath them. You know, a little warning to show you what happens when you cross them.