PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody read this book,Hologram of Liberty

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 06:27 AM
Hologram of Liberty, a book talking about how the original Constitution was changed to something we have now that allows for a powerful central controlling state?

The author’s contention in this startling book is that the 1787 Convention, its Constitution and Federal Government, was the most brilliant and subtle coup d’etat in political history. While the majority of Americans then were Jeffersonian in nature, a few Hamiltonian Federalists stole the nation. Furthermore, the Federal Government was given several different keys to the putative handcuffing by the Constitution. Through the "necessary and proper" and "general welfare" clauses, treaty powers, emergency powers, and interstate commerce regulatory powers, the Framers purposely designed a constitutional infrastructure guaranteed to facilitate the eventual strong, central government impossible to achieve (politically) in 1787.

The government takes in a third of economic activity and regulates everything from alfalfa to xylophones and it’s all constitutional! The author contends that liberty-loving folk need to quickly understand that freedom is not well-served by the current Constitution. Neither is tyranny. Therefore it is the author’s firm opinion that the Constitution will be radically amended, if not abolished altogether, by "us" or "them" within ten years.

The author says we need to snap out of our parchment worship and coldly study the predicament of Freedom - before it’s too late. He shows that the States and the people were politically checkmated by the "Founding Lawyers" at ratification, and discusses his three peaceful solutions prior to the imminent insurrection which is now brewing. Only an active synthesis of Libertarians, Patriots, and Conservatives, says the author, can prevent a 21st century Dark Age in America - and time is quickly running out. To foment such a synthesis is the

Now that I've read Hologram of Liberty in its entirety, it's only served a small part of its intended purpose. As Royce so delicately puts it, "For over 200 years, we've been in blind love with an apparition, a hologram of liberty." Now that the blinders are off, I plan to keep the book readily at hand on the bookshelf in my office as a reference. I suspect it will prove almost as valuable the second and the twenty-second time around.

– Lady Liberty
Lady Liberty's Constitution Clearing House
(complete review posted on Book Review pages

Son_of_Liberty90
02-04-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm curious also. From the reviews on Amazon, it does not seem like the author proposes a solution. Basically it sounds like he is saying "there we cracks in the Constitution since its inception, ergo, it was the plan of the founders all along to expand government."

Not sure if I agree with that idea.