PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Smith Goes to Washington???

sratiug
02-18-2014, 03:44 PM
My name is David Smith and I want to run for Congress against Greg Harper in Mississippi's third district. Can anyone verify the requirements? All I've found is a March 1st deadline for filing paperwork with a $200 filing fee.

CaseyJones
02-18-2014, 04:25 PM
maybe this will help?

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/candregis.shtml

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/candgui.pdf

sratiug
02-18-2014, 04:48 PM
maybe this will help?

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/candregis.shtml

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/candgui.pdf

Thanks, Ill look at these. I finally found the forms to file on the MS Secretary of State's website for both campaign finance and to register as a candidate. But it says I must file a campaign finance form with the FEC on the filing deadline and the state campaign finance form is for the period through May 27th so I'm not sure if there is a separate form.

sratiug
02-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks, Ill look at these. I finally found the forms to file on the MS Secretary of State's website for both campaign finance and to register as a candidate. But it says I must file a campaign finance form with the FEC on the filing deadline and the state campaign finance form is for the period through May 27th so I'm not sure if there is a separate form.

Ok, I think I misread the instructions on the state website and it didn't mean I had to file the campaign finance form with the FEC by March 1st.

CaseyJones
02-18-2014, 05:16 PM
what is your goal? to win or to have a pulpit to gets your views known?

btw it's Gregg* Harper

sratiug
02-18-2014, 05:38 PM

btw it's Gregg* Harper

Oops, lol. A wise man once said there is always the danger of winning... But yeah, it would be the latter. The last time Harper was challenged with a Republican primary opponent he got like 88% of the vote.

It might would be possible to win if Supertalk Mississippi was not controlled by a moderate establishment owner. I had the JT show supporting Ron Paul in 2012 for two days, they got loads of calls backing them up on Paul and then the next day and from then on out all we heard was "he can't win". The owner is connected to Trent Lott I think.

sratiug
02-18-2014, 05:39 PM
I still can't tell if I need to file federal forms by the March 1st deadline???

sratiug
02-18-2014, 05:42 PM
I still can't tell if I need to file federal forms by the March 1st deadline???

If I haven't raised $5000.00 money...

sratiug
02-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Bump for more input...

I'm still not clear on whether I need to file anything with the FEC immediately when filing with the state to enter the race. It seems to be saying I don' have to file with the FEC unless and until I raise $5,000.00. So it seems I only need to file the state form with the state Republican party office with the $200 filing fee to enter the race. Does anyone know anything different?

CaseyJones
02-20-2014, 05:01 PM
according to a friend you do not need to file anything with the FEC immediately

sratiug
02-21-2014, 02:05 PM
according to a friend you do not need to file anything with the FEC immediately

Thanks.

sratiug
02-25-2014, 04:54 PM

btw it's Gregg* Harper

As I said, there is virtually zero chance of my winning against Gregg Harper. I have no money to spend. I'm a broke, starving musician (on no government assistance)with no job. I grew up and went to school in Brookhaven where my mother was a school teacher and my father and brother and I ran a family pool room for years. I went to Mississippi College and got degrees in Math and Computer Science with a physics minor and went to work for the Department of the Navy on the AEGIS project for several years before leaving to play pool professionally.

But my father's land where we've lived since I was 12 is in the northern part of Lincoln County adjoining Copiah-Lincoln junior college and I've been back here living for about 15 years. I would like to run with the goal of taking over the Lincoln County Republican Party to influence the 2016 elections, and of starting a Ron Paul type movement here at the college. I want to start a chapter of Freedom Force International and maybe whatever Ron Paul type group that would be best. You can see past the soccer field to the newest school dorms from the driveway of my grandmother's old house so I couldn't have a better location.

A major issue with me is ending the psychotropic drugging of school children and exposing the corruptness and ignorance of a health care and dietetic industry pushing the diabetes heart disease and cancer inducing high carbohydrate low fat diet espoused by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and being pushed here through the college. And to bring to light the research of Otto Warburg who discovered that cancer is the irreversible transformation of a cell to fermentation metabolism which can be induced by restricting oxygen over a prolonged period even in the absence of any other cause.

I have been involved in the Brookhaven Tea Party for the last couple of years and I saw Chris McDaniels speak there last night. The size of the crowd was disappointing considering the national backing and money behind him. He also spoke at our second amendment rally last year. He seems ok, and he was speaking to our highly religious crowd so I didn't press him on a couple of things considering the audience. But he is young at 41, a lawyer, and a politician, and had no idea the schools are being paid to drug your children which could cost them their gun rights along with destroying their brains. I will be 50 this Saturday and I believe I am far more knowledgeable on the issues and a far better speaker. I am accustomed to performing in front of crowds and I have not learned the political etiquette that requires you to treat lying scumbags as if they are friends. I will not give a long speech as Chris did. I will spend most of my time taking questions and will use the Socratic method liberally in answer.

My position will be for legalizing all drugs but I will approach it from the opposite side by pressing to ban the psychotropic drugging of school children using drugs that are too dangerous for adult use. Mississippi is just starting to discuss legalizing Marijuana because of Oregon and Colorado, and Lousiana's discussing it to protect New Orleans tourism. And a recent poll now has a majority in favor. With our state motto "Birthplace of America's Music", and the Blue's and Country Music trails, plus the fertile delta soil, legalization of Marijuana could make Mississippi the richest state in the Union as it was under King Cotton.

I don't think the Tea-Party people around here will be thrilled with this position so I don't expect a lot of support from them. But it could be very popular with the college kids and help build a movement for later.

I am a Christian of the Jeffersonian type and have been attending Church and trying to get help in the churches and through the college professors and school employees that I've met to expose and end the school drugging of children to no avail.

And in case anyone hasn't guessed the point of this long winded diatribe, I haven't yet come up with the $200 filing fee, lol, and it has to be paid to the state republican party office by Friday at 5:00 pm Mississippi time.