PDA

View Full Version : PPP 2016 GOP Poll - Louisiana (Feb '14)

tsai3904
02-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Louisiana
February 6-9, 2014
309 Republican primary voters
+/-5.6%

Feb '14 (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/02/louisiana-miscellany.html)

Aug '13 (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/08/jindal-plummets-and-other-notes-from-louisiana.html)

Huckabee

20%

n/a

Jindal

13%

10%

Cruz

12%

8%

Paul

10%

18%

Bush

9%

17%

Christie

8%

10%

Ryan

8%

11%

Rubio

7%

8%

Walker

2%

n/a

Santorum

n/a

5%

SE/NS*

12%

13%

*SE/NS = Someone else/Not Sure

Bastiat's The Law
02-18-2014, 10:19 AM
And that's what Huckster will do to a race. Excuse me while I vent, but social cons are perpetual suckers for guys like Huckabee and Santorum. They're truly killing us.

eduardo89
02-18-2014, 10:20 AM
I don't think Huck will run, but they will run him in all polls leading up to Iowa.

Bastiat's The Law
02-18-2014, 10:25 AM
I don't think Huck will run, but they will run him in all polls leading up to Iowa.

I say 98% chance he runs. I don't think he renewed his contract with Fox.

Koz
02-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Huckabee is running for sure with these poll numbers.

ObiRandKenobi
02-18-2014, 10:40 AM
damn you huckster

Rocco
02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
I don't see how you can look at this poll and come to any conclusion other than "Cruz's rise is what's hurting us".

And that's what Huckster will do to a race. Excuse me while I vent, but social cons are perpetual suckers for guys like Huckabee and Santorum. They're truly killing us.

Bastiat's The Law
02-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Cruz's star is actually waning somewhat. He was the flavor of the month for a while, but now he's just in the mix with the rest for the most part.

Matthew5
02-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Bush and Paul took a hard hit...while Christie made it out with a dent? Were there really that many Huckabee voters polling for Bush and Paul??

Brett85
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
So Huckabee's poll numbers go through the roof after he makes the comment about women and their libidos. :)

Crashland
02-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Tiny sample size with a huge margin of error in this poll. The real numbers are probably somewhere between those two polls.

philipped
02-18-2014, 03:44 PM
GOD DAMN FUCK MIKE HUCKABEE YO

RonPaulFanInGA
02-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Ol' Huckabee is killing Rand Paul in these early polls, but isn't going to run. PPP is including him to take away Rand Paul's momentum.

Tywysog Cymru
02-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Where are all these Huckabee supporters? I'm not seeing them in real life.

Crashland
02-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Where are all these Huckabee supporters? I'm not seeing them in real life.

The religious right, especially in the south.

Ryan, Rubio, Bush, Christie, and Santorum are all Roman Catholic. Huckabee is a former southern baptist pastor, and with his persona he is that warm, wholesome, feel-good kind of guy who anyone would probably love to have as a pastor or a friend. Just watch him, he is very charismatic and his poll numbers don't surprise me, especially this early and having the advantage of having run against both McCain and Romney in 2008.

cajuncocoa
02-18-2014, 05:54 PM
*sigh* Guess I'm gonna have to go register Republican again if this stays like this.

ugh.

helenpaul
02-18-2014, 06:02 PM
at least rubio didnt gain support.

Tywysog Cymru
02-18-2014, 06:05 PM
The religious right, especially in the south.

I live in Kentucky, which is just as religious as parts of the South. Most people here support Rand, but I know a lot of people who like Walker, Cruz, Ryan, etc. I haven't met anyone who says "I want Huckabee to run."

trey4sports
02-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Huck will be tough but at the end of the day I trust not only rands philosophical beliefs but his ability to win elections as well. There is plenty of dirt on Huck if you look hard enough.

jjdoyle
02-18-2014, 06:39 PM

We can't blame programmed voters, for doing exactly what they have been programmed to do, can we? If Rand is making progress, the polls should be showing it. Even in states like LA. No? But an 8% drop?

Wonder how many more millions will be needed to solve this problem....

Crashland
02-18-2014, 06:50 PM
At this point in the game, it doesn't matter quite as much how many people support you, as it does which people support you. As long as you maintain numbers high enough to be seen as a legit contender, it's all about building those key relationships.

Crashland
02-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Huck will be tough but at the end of the day I trust not only rands philosophical beliefs but his ability to win elections as well. There is plenty of dirt on Huck if you look hard enough.

There is dirt on Huck but not a whole lot that wasn't already unearthed in 2008. I think he would be a serious contender but I still don't think he will run. If he does run I wonder if he would campaign on the FairTax like he did the first time.

RandallFan
02-18-2014, 07:02 PM
I think Vitter's 2010 people went and worked for Santorum in 2012.

Here is Vitter's amnesty ad. His Democrat opponent had to backpeddle and pretend to be a hard ass on illegal immigration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uvp0Jljh6U

jtstellar
02-18-2014, 07:32 PM
the establishment vote of bush christie and rubio combined have decreased in a dramatic fashion.. that's all there is to this, and this might be a moving transition point where establishment voters went to huckabee, similar to how some people went to tea party before going libertarian conservative

alucard13mm
02-19-2014, 01:44 AM
No problem. We can survive 8 years of Hillary with 8 more years of complaining on RPF and DP....

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
02-20-2014, 12:30 AM
I think Vitter's 2010 people went and worked for Santorum in 2012.

The state party power structure was definitely trying to direct the "anyone but Romney" vote away from Ron Paul and towards Santorum in 2012.

tennman
02-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Rush Limbaugh was the key to Huckabee losing his lead in 2004. He (Limbaugh) had video of Huckabee begging the Arkansas legislators for all kinds of tax increases including income. That's a real good way to piss Limbaugh off. He went anti-Huck after Huck won Iowa and Huck didn't have a chance after that. Maybe Limbaugh will get wind of this poll and he'll go anti-Taxabee again.

Actually, calling him Taxabee on the Internet could start a thing too. ;-)

serenityrick
02-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Rush Limbaugh was the key to Huckabee losing his lead in 2004. He (Limbaugh) had video of Huckabee begging the Arkansas legislators for all kinds of tax increases including income. That's a real good way to piss Limbaugh off. He went anti-Huck after Huck won Iowa and Huck didn't have a chance after that. Maybe Limbaugh will get wind of this poll and he'll go anti-Taxabee again.

Actually, calling him Taxabee on the Internet could start a thing too. ;-)

I've really only heard Rush be positive about 2 republican politicians lately. That being Cruz and Rand Paul.

He was pretty quiet during the 2012 elections. Once Romney was nominated he seemed to only support him because it was the only way to stop Obama. Once it was over, he let loose on republicans nominating "moderates".

Since then, he's been tearing apart Christie and other moderates. And while he was obviously torn on the media going to town on Christie after the bridge scandal, you could tell he was also reveling in it.
Simultaneously he has had a lot of great things to say about Rand. I think he learned his lesson from 2012. Sure he was vocal about not nominating wishy washy moderates prior to Mitt winning the nomination but it was more about it being annoying.. now I think he realizes he has a role now.

But maybe I'm looking into it too deeply, /shrug

I think Rush will pick up where he left off on Huckabee if he runs. Same with Bush.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
02-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Rush started gushing over Poppy Bush after he was invitedsleep in the Lincoln Bedroom 24 years ago... he's been a pretty reliable backer of the Bushes ever since. I'd expect him to ultimately undermine Rand in favor of Jeb if the latter announced.