PDA

View Full Version : UAW lost TN vote because of Abortion and Gun Control

RandallFan
02-17-2014, 10:40 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/02/17/uaw_organizing_defeat_at_tennessee_vw_shows_unions _must_change_to_survive_121599.html

Also, many folks in Chattanooga see the UAW as modern-day carpetbaggers preying on their political freedom. Along with virtually all the unions affiliated with the AFL-CIO, the union strongly supports the Democratic Party, abortion rights, gun control, and other liberal causes.

oyarde
02-18-2014, 12:22 AM
I see the modern turds as worse than carpet baggers , they are commies in drag . Carpet baggers pd cash for plantations , the UAW just plans to steal.

Ronin Truth
02-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Non right to work states have become the kiss of death for jobs.

Koz
02-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Modern unions were infiltrated by communists long ago.

angelatc
02-18-2014, 12:11 PM
If you want to see a large colection of stupid, Daily Kos is the place to go: http://www.donotlink.com/dJa

(Do Not Link allows us to link without increasing pagerank)

In that, they claim that the mayor of Lansing "hilariously" trolled VW by offering them the opportunity to move to Lansing if the vote didn't work out. Seriously, do they actually think that VW didn't realize there are huge abandoned tracts of land and unemployed factory workers by the thousands here in MIchigan?

And I believe a lot of those sites are environmental disasters - anybody who buys them will likely have to decontaminate them before they can be utilized. It is cheaper in every way imaginable to start from scratch.

Some of the comments:

the south poached every thing they could get from the northern industrial states, they have done all they can to drive down wages and bloc-voted republican for decades.

I've been seeing those commercials that invite corporations to relocate to New York State and pay no state or local taxes. How is that even economically feasible?

It's not. Unless you're willing to turn us into a third-world dystopia of crumbling infrastructure and crappy schools. He may be down with that. Thank God our mayor isn't.
(Uhm - have you guys seen Detroit????)

The businesses that come in generate new costs to the government for operating them. The personal income tax paid by the new laborers isn't enough to cover the business' bills. It's a loss.

That is why we have business taxes. It's not just "better than nothing", it's necessary to support the businesses - and the other residents who must live among the businesses. (Uhm - wot?)

eduardo89
02-18-2014, 12:18 PM
That last comment has me scratching my head....

The businesses that come in generate new costs to the government for operating them. The personal income tax paid by the new laborers isn't enough to cover the business' bills. It's a loss.

That is why we have business taxes. It's not just "better than nothing", it's necessary to support the businesses - and the other residents who must live among the businesses.

juleswin
02-18-2014, 12:18 PM
I have heard the argument that VW pays their employees higher than average salary and benefits and that was the reason why the rejected unionization. I think they did not buy the idea that the sky would fall later sometime in the future if they did not unionize now.

juleswin
02-18-2014, 12:20 PM
That last comment has me scratching my head....

Employees pay income taxes to their employers??

Also lifts people off poverty saving the state millions in welfare pay.

Occam's Banana
02-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Some of the comments:

the south poached every thing they could get from the northern industrial states, they have done all they can to drive down wages and bloc-voted republican for decades.

LOL. Poor northern inudstrial states - it's all the South's fault!

Perhaps they should secede ...

Lucille
02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Haha. Alexander Cockburn tried to warn the left that their obsession with abortion and gun control would undermine their other more important "liberal causes" like unionization, and they attacked him for it.

Zippyjuan
02-18-2014, 01:45 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/02/17/uaw_organizing_defeat_at_tennessee_vw_shows_unions _must_change_to_survive_121599.html

I was unaware that gun control and abortion were union issues. (Were they the issues presented in the vote to unionize or not to unionize)?

Lucille
02-18-2014, 02:00 PM
I was unaware that gun control and abortion were union issues. (Were they the issues presented in the vote to unionize or not to unionize)?

Can't even be bothered to read the two sentence excerpt posted in the OP, eh? LOL