PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Evaluation: Jack Russell Thompson (WA State Legislative District 20, position 1.)

Bryan
02-16-2014, 12:45 PM
This thread is intended to be a collection point of the strong pros and cons of any potential liberty candidate / campaign that is being discussed / promoted on the forum. You are welcome to post both positive and not-so-positive attributes about the candidate as they related to their position on supporting liberty as well as issues relating to their campaign. The most important information may be aggregated in this top post for easy reference.

Candidate Name: Jack Russell Thompson
Candidate RPFs ID: Icymudpuppy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?23229-Icymudpuppy)
Office Sought: WA state Representative, Legislative District 20, position 1.
Social Media: TBA

Candidate Profile: On the Issues
Civil Liberties: [Rating TBD]
Constitutional Issues: [Rating TBD]
Economic Issues: [Rating TBD]
Foreign Policy: [Rating TBD]
Social Issues: [Rating TBD]
Overall Issues Rating: [Rating TBD]

Race Profile: Competition & Demographics
State: WA
District: 20 Legislative
Incumbent: Richard Debolt
Other Primary Candidates: TOP TWO PRIMARY
Non-Incumbent Candidates from Other Parties: None Announced
Relevant poll numbers: None.
Overall Race Profile Rating: [Rating TBD]

Miscellaneous Pros/Cons
Key strong points: No Challenger. We will both be strong of fiscal liberty. I will be stronger on social liberty and civil liberty.

Unknown points for further research:

Possible weak points: Strong R district

Possible deal breakers: Not enough financial support. Democrat candidate enters the race and takes away my social liberty support.

Overall Rating:

Other campaign information:

Race Profile: Incumbent Richard Debolt. Republican. in office since 1998. Former House Minority Leader. I will be running as a Libertarian.

Campaign proposal. I get a Pledge website up and running. I will need to have two things happen. 1. The last day of official registration ends and there are no Democrats in the race. 2. I reach $10,000 in pledges by the last day of registration. If both of those things happen, I will immediately register my candidacy, have a money bomb for the pledges, and start an ad blitz. If neither, or just one of those two things happens, I will notify pledges to keep their money to give to other liberty candidates. I would be running as Libertarian against the Republican. In WA, we have top two, so if there is no democrat, I am guaranteed a 1 on 1 runoff clear through the General election.

johndeal
02-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Why not run as a second republican?

Icymudpuppy
02-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Why not run as a second republican?

Because I despise the local republican party. When I tried to become a PCO, they ran the county prosecutor against me, even though as an elected office holder he already has a vote in the party leadership. That was just the last straw.

I also had two of the longest members of the party leadership call me a traitor for opposing the Iraq war. Me a veteran of said war compared to a couple of people who were too young to be drafted for WWII, and too old for Korea.

Icymudpuppy
02-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Additional Points:

Military experience: Me, 3 years enlisted, 7 years officer. Top Rank Captain.
Business Experience: I own and operate my own home service trades business.

Here is my opponents bio:
http://www.richarddebolt.com/

johndeal
02-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Sorry. I can't donate to someone who isn't serious enough about winning to overcome his hatred of the local GOP, however well founded.