PDA

View Full Version : Gun-free-zone-Chicago: Off-Duty Sheriff’s Officer Kills Armed Robber

aGameOfThrones
02-15-2014, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3hIjyAqaA

CHICAGO (CBS) – An off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s officer shot and killed one of three men who robbed him at gunpoint at a gas station in the Pullman neighborhood Monday night.

Shortly before 10 p.m., the off-duty sergeant was pumping gas at a Citgo near 103rd and Cottage Grove, when three men approached, and one of them pointed a gun at the officer.

The robbers demanded the sergeant’s gun, and as he handed it over, one of the suspects rummaged through the officer’s car.

The officer then reached toward his back pocket, pulled his own gun, and shot the robber who had pointed the gun at him, killing the suspect.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/02/11/police-off-duty-sheriffs-officer-kills-robber-at-gas-station/

Update: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/02/13/teen-arrested-charged-with-murder-in-robbery-of-off-duty-cop/

Constitutional Paulicy
02-15-2014, 12:19 AM
If we outlaw guns, only outlaws and off duty police officers will have guns.

Spikender
02-15-2014, 01:54 AM
So the guy had his own gun in addition to his department issued one?

Well gosh, good thing he was able to practice self defense with a firearm he actually owned or else he could've kicked the bucket.

I wonder what gun grabbers would have to say about this... then again, I guess since he's an officer, he's actually allowed to defend himself instead of being another victim, at least in their eyes.

Occam's Banana
02-15-2014, 09:16 AM

I guess sometimes "drop pieces" can have legitimate uses, too ...

tod evans
02-15-2014, 09:21 AM
I hope the brave officer didn't have to miss out on his plans for the evening..

Certainly paid leave and counseling are in order before he's permitted back "on the job"...

belian78
02-15-2014, 09:31 AM

Well gosh, good thing he was able to practice self defense with a firearm he actually owned or else he could've kicked the bucket.

I wonder what gun grabbers would have to say about this... then again, I guess since he's an officer, he's actually allowed to defend himself instead of being another victim, at least in their eyes.

Gun grabbers logic will actually go like this. "SEE!!! THEY TOOK HIS ISSUED FIREARM FROM HIM!!! LETTING CIVILIANS CARRY WILL ONLY GIVE CRIMINALS MORE GUNS!!!"

I know this because I've ran into it before.

RJB
02-15-2014, 09:34 AM
If we outlaw guns, only outlaws and off duty police officers will have guns.

Sometimes they are the same thing :)

Kilrain
02-15-2014, 09:59 AM
The robbers demanded the sergeant’s gun, and as he handed it over, one of the suspects rummaged through the officer’s car.

I'm gonna assume that the highlighted word is a typo and should in fact be "wallet", or maybe "cell phone".

Cleaner44
02-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Good for the off-duty cop in defending himself.

Stupid kids getting themselves killed in hopes of stealing $100 from someone.

Now in this case, Deonta Mackey did this to himself for real.

nobody's_hero
02-15-2014, 05:47 PM
If I was gonna put up a security camera system I think I would have to invest in something you can actually see through.

edit:Okay it took me a few more views. That's actually a picture-in-picture shot. Just focus on the small window in the center or else what you see along the edges will only distract you.

FindLiberty
02-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Yes,

99% certain that was not a gun getting handed over that way! I vote "wallet".
Video clips were tampered with too much (center blur box and edited out missing frames) to be 100% sure about that...
It should not be a PIP in original recording unless set up by a moron.
Just a typo, the original video is probably fine but it did not match the reporter's dream story i.e., two guns.

I thank the sergeant for his off-the-clock service here, good job sir!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-02-13/news/chi-what-led-police-to-a-suspect-in-robbery-of-offduty-officer-20140213_1_sergeant-armed-robbery-third-robber