Grimes: 42%

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/mitch-mcconnell-poll_n_4782067.html

eduardo89
02-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Bevin isn't going to win.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-14-2014, 05:43 PM

And the Democrats are going to nominate someone electable. The Republicans threw away a golden chance to oust the Democrats' Senate leader in 2010, by nominating Sharron Angle in Nevada.

Tywysog Cymru
02-14-2014, 05:46 PM
I'll keep campaigning for him.

jj-
02-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Ted Cruz should do the ultimate anti-establishment act and campaign for Bevin a month before the election.

enhanced_deficit
02-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Ted Cruz should do the ultimate anti-establishment act and campaign for Bevin a month before the election.

Ted Cruz is anti-establishment ?

Call for invasion of Syria - check
Supports sanction against Iran - check
Supports war with Iran - check
Opposed even tiny cut in NSA spying funding - check
Champions Christion Zionism - check
Salutes Iraq war sniper who wished he had killed even more Iraqis - check

Rafael Ted Cruz is either a stealth,opportunistic agent of Neoconservative Establishment or a brainswashed Christion Zionist without critical thinking abilities... or both.

HOLLYWOOD
02-14-2014, 06:43 PM
A little FYI on the history of this pollster
http://s.c.lnkd.licdn.com/scds/common/u/img/logos/logo_linkedin_92x22.png (http://www.linkedin.com/home?trk=hb_logo)
Fritz Wenzel
Founder and President, Wenzel Strategies LLC research/communications
Columbus, Ohio Area Public Relations and Communications

View Fritz's full profile (https://www.linkedin.com/reg/join-pprofile?_ed=0_dfHO8ItrV_BTL_0P7o4SJRdSf3s7PA64b2w UbD5tRnVt1xr0t0ZUqIgoujj7RAh3l6bQPni3ctZLf28w6yfTB AneooCv-7mO3a9tjBFfBP9&trk=pprof-0-ts-view_full-0)
Fritz Wenzel's Overview
Current: Founder and President at Wenzel Strategies Past: Director of Communications at Zogby International Education

Marylhurst University (http://www.linkedin.com/edu/marylhurst-university-19193)

Connections 346 connections
Fritz Wenzel's Summary
I have wide experience in the fields of opinion research and journalism, with 17 years in and around opinion research and 25 years of work in journalism. At Wenzel Strategies we have worked with clients at the highest levels of politics and media, including the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign Committee, several U.S. Senate campaigns, many U.S. Congressional campaigns and campaigns for state senator and state representative in states across the country. In my career as a journalist, I have worked chiefly in newspapers as a political reporter, but also in radio and a bit of television. This experience has prepared me to lead my firm in melding the best research data in the industry with a real-world sense of communications expertise to get the best outcome for our clients.

Specialties: Our specialties include developing and executing public opinion surveys for clients nationwide. We work with political clients, corporate, government, and non-profit clients. We are expert at developing an effective strategy and then executing it to success. But I particularly enjoy helping clients with crisis communications, because those are situations that require quick thinking and quick action that solves problems.

Fritz Wenzel's Experience

Founder and President

Wenzel Strategies
May 2005 – Present (8 years 10 months) Columbus, Ohio Area
Wenzel Strategies is a firm that specializes in public opinion research, and in building effective communications and political strategies for clients. We help clients understand research conducted on their behalf and then build effective strategies for success. Clients include business, political, and educational organizations.

Director of Communications

Zogby International
September 2005 – November 2008 (3 years 3 months)
My work for Zogby included all media strategies and the company's public profile, as well as internal communications. I also worked with clients to develop a strategy for publicizing their polling work in the most effective way, and then executed that plan. I also planned and led focus groups across the country for clients, both political and corporate. As director, I also managed a small department staff.

Fritz Wenzel's Skills & Expertise

Crisis Communications
Internal Communications
Publicity
Journalism
Message Development
Media Relations
Speech Writing
Reputation Management
Communication Training
Public Relations
Strategic Communications
Press Conferences

Fritz Wenzel's Education
Marylhurst University (http://www.linkedin.com/edu/marylhurst-university-19193)

Communications
1981 – 1985

Fritz Wenzel's Additional Information
Interests: Developing quality, actionable research data and communications strategies for clients and then putting those strategies to action for a positive result.
Honors and Awards: Numerous awards over the years for journalistic excellence.

http://kwout.com/cutout/7/4t/ff/ehr_bor.jpg
Public Opinion Research Company | Wenzel Strategies | Columbus, OH (http://www.wenzelstrategies.com/opinion-research-company/)

compromise
02-15-2014, 04:45 PM
And the Democrats are going to nominate someone electable. The Republicans threw away a golden chance to oust the Democrats' Senate leader in 2010, by nominating Sharron Angle in Nevada.

I agree that Angle was not an ideal candidate, but better her than a RINO. Ditto with Mourdock, O'Donnell and Akin.

Bastiat's The Law
02-15-2014, 04:55 PM
I agree that Angle was not an ideal candidate, but better her than a RINO. Ditto with Mourdock, O'Donnell and Akin.

When the tea party fails it's because they nominate out of touch social cons. If they stick with liberty candidates they would be much more successful.

02-15-2014, 04:55 PM

Never had a chance. Some people here are just unrealistic. McConnell is going to hold his seat Grimes will not win. Races against incumbents, especially those in leadership always swing heavily to the incumbent near the end. What you see right now is just frustration, not actual voters.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Never had a chance. Some people here are just unrealistic. McConnell is going to hold his seat Grimes will not win. Races against incumbents, especially those in leadership always swing heavily to the incumbent near the end. What you see right now is just frustration, not actual voters.

Everyone said McConnell was a dead man in 2008, then he won by six points despite it being a huge democratic year. I don't see how, if 2014 is the GOP year it seems to be shaping up as, McConnell is going to lose to any Democrat in a very red state such as Kentucky.

Dianne
02-15-2014, 05:15 PM
I hope McConnell loses at all cost !!!! He is a lily livered crook, who deserves defeat. I would rather see the Democrat candidate win, over the pretend Republican. The old crook Democrat McConnell, has far too much power; whereas a new Democrat will start from the bottom up.

Defeat McConnell any way possible; even if you have to vote for the Democrat. Get him the hell out of Washington as fast as you can !!

eduardo89
02-15-2014, 05:30 PM
I
Defeat McConnell any way possible; even if you have to vote for the Democrat.

We all know you'd love to see more progressive Democrats like Elizabeth Warren in the Senate, but that is horrible advice.

nobody's_hero
02-15-2014, 05:36 PM
We all know you'd love to see more progressive Democrats like Elizabeth Warren in the Senate, but that is horrible advice.

If the only way to get rid of the House speaker and Senate Leader is to vote democrat . . . man that's a tough one. Could we possibly make up the difference with another seat?

Say Kentucky throws their seat to the D's and McConnell loses, but in SC Lee Bright knocks off Lindsey Graham, AND we get the added bonus of getting a new Senate leader.

anaconda
02-15-2014, 05:47 PM
McConnell: 59%
Bevin: 17%

-General-
McConnell: 43%
Grimes: 42%

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/mitch-mcconnell-poll_n_4782067.html

This poll from Feb. 6 shows Grimes up by 4%...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/kentucky-senate-race-poll-103234.html

eduardo89
02-15-2014, 05:48 PM
AND we get the added bonus of getting a new Senate leader.

The next GOP leader in the Senate will just be another RINO, probably much worse than McConnell.

nobody's_hero
02-15-2014, 06:04 PM
The next GOP leader in the Senate will just be another RINO, probably much worse than McConnell.

Then we'll just have to keep throwing elections until the GOP screws up and accidentally nominates someone to lead the party who actually believes in freedom. When you've got people in leadership positions in the GOP who denounce the Tea Party and libertarians, how do you actually ever intend to get anywhere within the GOP?

That's like being a wide receiver on the Denver Bronco's team, running towards the end-zone, but with Peyton Manning as your quarterback, constantly throwing turnovers during the superbowl. You can have the best wide-receivers in the world, but if your quarterback plays like he wants the other team to win, you might as well just sit your a** on a bench somewhere.

Matt Collins
02-15-2014, 06:51 PM
If the 17% of Republicans who vote against Mitch in the primary also refuse to vote for him in the general, then he will lose his reelection.

TheTyke
02-15-2014, 07:15 PM
So a Republican pollster claims the incumbent has an insurmountable lead? Surprising. As recently as January, the Human Events/Gravis poll showed Bevin at 31%. (http://www.humanevents.com/2014/01/14/kentucky-mcconnell-leads-bevin-53-to-31/) He has steadily been increasing in every poll I've seen. It's not very realistic to assume he dropped 14% in a month. I can tell you that's not the feeling we get on the ground, at all. Practically everyone I talk to is excited about a challenges for Mitch, and Bevin's even gotten warm welcomes at mostly-establishment Lincoln Dinners around the state. Which was the pollster that showed Ron Paul leading TX (which he obviously never was?) Was that Wenzel? I remembered someone doing that, but couldn't find in search.

This article makes note of several of the polls showing Bevin's increase.
Mitch McConnell's Lead Drops Big, Seen as Less Conservative Than When First Elected (http://riehlworldview.com/2014/01/mitch-mcconnells-lead-drops-big-seen-as-less-conservative-than-when-first-elected.html?wpmp_tp=0)

Brett85
02-15-2014, 07:40 PM
That's like being a wide receiver on the Denver Bronco's team, running towards the end-zone, but with Peyton Manning as your quarterback, constantly throwing turnovers during the superbowl. You can have the best wide-receivers in the world, but if your quarterback plays like he wants the other team to win, you might as well just sit your a** on a bench somewhere.

Not a good analogy. Peyton Manning wasn't the problem in that game. :)

Matt Collins
02-16-2014, 12:20 PM
It's not very realistic to assume he dropped 14% in a month.If Mitch's ads and FUD about Bevin and the bailout thing stuck a chord, then yes, it's actually quite possible.

I can tell you that's not the feeling we get on the ground, at all. Practically everyone I talk to is excited about a challenges for Mitch, and Bevin's even gotten warm welcomes at mostly-establishment Lincoln Dinners around the state. Those are the most informed voters; they don't decide the election. The least informed voters decide the election, and that is who this poll surveyed.

NewRightLibertarian
02-16-2014, 12:23 PM
hopefully Bevin can at least beat him up and cause him to lose in the general.

compromise
02-16-2014, 12:52 PM
hopefully Bevin can at least beat him up and cause him to lose in the general.

I'd rather he wins the general if Bevin fails. The next majority leader will definitely not be as close to Rand as McConnell.

Tywysog Cymru
02-16-2014, 01:21 PM
I'd rather he wins the general if Bevin fails. The next majority leader will definitely not be as close to Rand as McConnell.

Same here, I'll be voting for Bevin in the primaries, but I'd prefer McConnel over Grimes.

samforpaul
02-16-2014, 09:44 PM
If Mitch's ads and FUD about Bevin and the bailout thing stuck a chord, then yes, it's actually quite possible.

Those are the most informed voters; they don't decide the election. The least informed voters decide the election, and that is who this poll surveyed.

Matt, would you like to see McConnell or Bevin win?

trey4sports
02-16-2014, 10:30 PM
my concern is not whether or not McConnell wins in the primary but rather will he keep his word to Rand if he escapes the general.

Matt Collins
02-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Matt, would you like to see McConnell or Bevin win?
I don't support him because of this (http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/profile.php?id=M000355), however I do acknowledge that he would be more useful strategically to Rand as Leader than as someone who is unelected.

I also don't live in KY either so my opinion doesn't really matter.

jj-
02-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Everyone said McConnell was a dead man in 2008, then he won by six points despite it being a huge democratic year. I don't see how, if 2014 is the GOP year it seems to be shaping up as, McConnell is going to lose to any Democrat in a very red state such as Kentucky.

So red they have a Democrat governor when most governors in other states are Republicans? So red that they had Jack Conway as AG when other AGs were suing Obamacare?

jj-
02-17-2014, 02:29 PM
If McConnell is the nominee, I expect conservatives to stay home and independents to vote for Crimes.

NewRightLibertarian
02-17-2014, 11:18 PM
I don't support him because of this (http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/profile.php?id=M000355), however I do acknowledge that he would be more useful strategically to Rand as Leader than as someone who is unelected.

I also don't live in KY either so my opinion doesn't really matter.

You really think that McConnell is a key Rand ally?

02-18-2014, 12:49 AM
If McConnell is the nominee, I expect conservatives to stay home and independents to vote for Crimes.

They say that this far out, but when it comes time they vote party line.

You really think that McConnell is a key Rand ally?

He got Rand on all the committees that raised his profile and power. Having the minority or possible majority leader endorse you for president will be a big deal. Not to mention the access to donors. So yes, a key ally.