PDA

View Full Version : Cop Who Raped Woman Calls His Prison Sentence 'An Injustice'

phill4paul
02-14-2014, 08:31 AM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/police-officer-who-raped-woman-calls-his-prison-sentence-injustice

Ex-NYPD cop and convicted rapist Michael Pena is calling his 75-year prison sentence for the rape of Lydia Cuomo “politically motivated” and an “injustice.”

Pena pleaded guilty in June 2012 to raping school teacher Lydia Cuomo. Cuomo was on the way to her first day of work at her new job when Pena, on his way home from a drunken night out, forced her into an apartment courtyard and raped her.

Pena was also convicted of predatory sexual assault – a felony offense that involves wielding a weapon during a sex crime. After abducting Cuomo, he pulled out a .9mm gun issued to him through the NYPD and threatened to “blow her head off” if she didn’t do what he told her to.

Though Pena pleaded guilty to his charges, his attorney says the sentence handed to Pena doesn’t fit the crime.

Attorney Ephraim Savitt said the 75 year sentence is the harshest “ever imposed in the modern era in this country for a first-time sex crime offender that did not result in the death, maiming or permanent physical disability of his victim…

“Even in cases of rape by serial rapists, or of brutal thugs that physically beat and slash their victims, punishment has been generally considerably lower than Pena’s sentence,” Savitt said.

The attorney went on to call the sentence an example of “media-intensified vengeance” and said Pena is being sentenced more harshly than “Al Qaeda terrorists, vicious killers, kingpin narcotics offenders, violent gangsters and racketeers.”

Try as Pena might to paint himself as a victim, the woman forever scarred by his crime feels no more sympathy for him than he felt for her on the night she was raped.

“Seventy-five years? I still have my entire life with this and I did nothing to ask for it,” Cuomo said. “I do think the punishment fits the crime.”

So do I Lydia. So do I.

Spikender
02-14-2014, 08:34 AM
According to the received wisdom of the government and the general public, the police are heroes and are above us.

But to me, if we hand you a badge and a gun tell you that you're job is to enforce the law and you misuse your power in a way like this, you deserve what you get. You should be punished.

I'm glad this monster will be behind bars and away from his chosen prey.

tod evans
02-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Kops accused of any crime should be imprisoned until trial.

If a jury finds them guilty sentences should be trebled due to breech of the public's trust.

DA's accused of showing favoritism to kops should be executed without trial..:cool:

Origanalist
02-14-2014, 08:38 AM
According to the received wisdom of the government and the general public, the police are heroes and are above us.

But to me, if we hand you a badge and a gun tell you that you're job is to enforce the law and you misuse your power in a way like this, you deserve what you get. You should be punished.

I'm glad this monster will be behind bars and away from his chosen prey.

I'm sure he will enjoy his stay.

Spikender
02-14-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm sure he will enjoy his stay.

He'll forever have to spend his days in his cell trying to relive that night inside of a sock just to get through the rest of his life.

Sounds like paradise to me.

Origanalist
02-14-2014, 08:49 AM
He'll forever have to spend his days in his cell trying to relive that night inside of a sock just to get through the rest of his life.

Sounds like paradise to me.

He very well might end up being a sock-puppet.

Spikender
02-14-2014, 08:54 AM

It would be sweet irony if he became the twinkle in one of the prison guard's eyes.

belian78
02-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Oh definitely. That PoS is gonna be passed around more than a joint, until he stabs himself in his sleep one night.

eduardo89
02-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Pena was also convicted of predatory sexual assault – a felony offense that involves wielding a weapon during a sex crime. After abducting Cuomo, he pulled out a .9mm gun issued to him through the NYPD and threatened to “blow her head off” if she didn’t do what he told her to.

.9mm? 0.035 inches. That's a pretty tiny caliber, I had no idea it existed.

Henry Rogue
02-14-2014, 08:57 AM
People who kill cops are more severally punished than those who kill mundane. He enjoyed a career of special privileges and protections, now he can deal with his special punishment. No sympathy from me.

Spikender
02-14-2014, 08:58 AM

You've never heard of it because the DHS bought it all up before you could get your hands on it.

eduardo89
02-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Oh definitely. That PoS is gonna be passed around more than a joint, until he stabs himself in his sleep one night.

How does one stab themselves in their sleep?

Origanalist
02-14-2014, 09:00 AM
How does one stab themselves in their sleep?

How does one shoot themselves in the back of a cop car with handcuffs on?

Spikender
02-14-2014, 09:05 AM

Holy shit.

I was going to type the exact same thing when I saw his comment.

I would +rep you, but I'm all out.

erowe1
02-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Has he gotten raped there yet?

If not, then he's right.

eduardo89
02-14-2014, 09:16 AM

I don't know, but in Mexico there have been cases of deaths being ruled a suicide after the victim shot themselves in the back of the head while bound to a chair. I trust the coroner's report.

Henry Rogue
02-14-2014, 09:27 AM
I don't know, but in Mexico there have been cases of deaths being ruled a suicide after the victim shot themselves in the back of the head while bound to a chair. I trust the coroner's report.
I have a bridge for sale, I'll give you a good deal on it.

Red Green
02-14-2014, 09:40 AM

They were referring to the gun that all pigs are issued, rather than the pistol he carried. And you're right, it's definitely small caliber. Pigs.... yeah.

Spikender
02-14-2014, 09:42 AM
They were referring to the gun that all pigs are issued, rather than the pistol he carried. And you're right, it's definitely small caliber. Pigs.... yeah.

Clearly the answer is to provide some caliber assistance to the police...

On the tax payer dime, of course. Can't have our heroes feeling inadequate when they go home to their wives to fire a few shots off, now can we?

asurfaholic
02-14-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm glad he got a harher sentence. All sentences for convicted "law enforcers" should be at least double that of anyone else.

Why? They should be held to a higher standard.

Red Green
02-14-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm glad he got a harher sentence. All sentences for convicted "law enforcers" should be at least double that of anyone else.

Why? They should be held to a higher standard.

Well, that and they're mostly violent psychopaths who really have no place in polite society.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Well, that and they're mostly violent psychopaths who really have no place in polite society.

I'm not sure how many are, and how many would be good people but just don't understand that "the law" isn't an excuse. I'm sure that both groups exist, and in what numbers I'm not sure.

At any rate, if it were up to me he would have been sentenced to death, give him what he rightly deserves and give the Supreme Court a middle finger at the same time. At any rate, he has no right to be complaining after he ruined someone's life like that, and as a "public servant" (lol) at that he should be even more shamed.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 11:32 AM

If a jury finds them guilty sentences should be trebled due to breech of the public's trust.

DA's accused of showing favoritism to kops should be executed without trial..:cool:

WRT that last sentence, if you did that, cops would start accusing those few DAs that might be honest (If there are any) of "showing favoritism to cops" and so get rid of them...

Red Green
02-14-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure how many are, and how many would be good people but just don't understand that "the law" isn't an excuse. I'm sure that both groups exist, and in what numbers I'm not sure.

At any rate, if it were up to me he would have been sentenced to death, give him what he rightly deserves and give the Supreme Court a middle finger at the same time. At any rate, he has no right to be complaining after he ruined someone's life like that, and as a "public servant" (lol) at that he should be even more shamed.

I am pretty sure the majority of pigs, if not the vast majority, are indeed violent psychopaths. Look at the news everyday. If you were a violent psychopath, sitting at home dreaming of getting to rough people up on a daily basis, rape women, rob people of their hard earned money, and generally cause commotion, what would you want to do as an occupation? Be a pig of course! Hell, not only are you given license to do all that stuff, but you get paid both above the board and under the table while doing it! Shit, it's like the promised land for violent psychopaths.

Occam's Banana
02-14-2014, 12:16 PM
The attorney [...] said Pena is being sentenced more harshly than “Al Qaeda terrorists, vicious killers, kingpin narcotics offenders, violent gangsters and racketeers.”

Apart from "color of authority," Pena is different from criminals in any of those groups how, exactly?

He enjoyed a career of special privileges and protections, now he can deal with his special punishment.

All sentences for convicted "law enforcers" should be at least double that of anyone else. [...] They should be held to a higher standard.

^^^ These x 1000000.

Covered.

Kotin
02-14-2014, 12:19 PM
the only injustice here is that this guy didnt get raped himself and then castrated painfully.

Henry Rogue
02-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Eduardo was making fun of a typo. There should not be a decimal point before 9 millimeter, that would make it nine tenths of a millimeter.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Holy shit.

Got ya covered.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Knock it off, willya?

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Knock it off, willya?

Do you think he's serious or trolling? Or both?;)

tod evans
02-14-2014, 12:30 PM
WRT that last sentence, if you did that, cops would start accusing those few DAs that might be honest (If there are any) of "showing favoritism to cops" and so get rid of them...

The concept of DA is repugnant to my idea of freedom and liberty, the governments lawyer...

If I had a magic wand and could only rid the planet of one subspecies, cops or DA's, I'd go after the DA's.....

Red Green
02-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Eduardo was making fun of a typo. There should not be a decimal point before 9 millimeter, that would make it nine tenths of a millimeter.

Yeah I got that. I was just expounding on it.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 12:45 PM
The concept of DA is repugnant to my idea of freedom and liberty, the governments lawyer...

If I had a magic wand and could only rid the planet of one subspecies, cops or DA's, I'd go after the DA's.....

Without the cops, what could the DAs DO exactly?

For the record, I agree with your first sentence though.

tod evans
02-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Without the cops, what could the DAs DO exactly?

Literally force any one of us to "accept" a plea bargain for the numerous crimes against the government we all commit daily..

DA's are the brains behind the brawn....

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Literally force any one of us to "accept" a plea bargain for the numerous crimes against the government we all commit daily..

Umm... Without cops how could they force us to do anything?

Without police they couldn't even force anyone into the courtroom. I mean, I guess they could use the military, but then they'd be police, just extremely militarized police, which I wouldn't really consider "getting rid of police."

Admittedly, without the DA the State technically couldn't prosecute anyone either, unless they hired a prosecutor for every case, or had the arresting officer act as the prosecutor, neither option of which would work nearly as well.

juleswin
02-14-2014, 02:31 PM
75 yrs for a rape case which he pleaded guilty to is just too much time for the crime, I cannot imagine what he would have gotten if he did not plead and went for a jury trial instead. This woman did not contract any deadly disease or get pregnant from it and even though this is pure evil, she will get over it. I know its easy to hate on cops but you will be the one paying for the hundred of thousands of dollars it would cost to keep him in jail for 75 yrs.

Pericles
02-14-2014, 02:36 PM
the only injustice here is that this guy didnt get raped himself and then castrated painfully.

And then executed.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 02:36 PM
75 yrs for a rape case which he pleaded guilty to is just too much time for the crime, I cannot imagine what he would have gotten if he did not plead and went for a jury trial instead. This woman did not contract any deadly disease or get pregnant from it and even though this is pure evil, she will get over it. I know its easy to hate on cops but you will be the one paying for the hundred of thousands of dollars it would cost to keep him in jail for 75 yrs.

So put a bullet in his head. For an "authority figure" to hide behind his authority and commit a heinous crime against a civilian is absolutely disgusting.

I've never been raped, but I imagine "getting over it" is not as easy as you make it sound. Even if it were, it wouldn't matter.

Red Green
02-14-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm down with putting this animal down. Just have him dig a ditch, then kneel in front of it and use the same pistol (the 9mm one, not his .9mm gun) to blow his brains out. Cover him up with some lye and call it good.

juleswin
02-14-2014, 03:00 PM
So put a bullet in his head. For an "authority figure" to hide behind his authority and commit a heinous crime against a civilian is absolutely disgusting.

I've never been raped, but I imagine "getting over it" is not as easy as you make it sound. Even if it were, it wouldn't matter.

Start executing convicted rapists and every single rape victim will be killed by their attacker after the rape and in states where execution is abolished, they will consider 75yr sentences the same with life imprisonment and the same thing will start happening to rape victims.

I am not sure why a lot of people think rape trauma is hardest to get over unlike the other kinds of trauma humans experience in their lives. Humans are pretty resilient and will recover from a lot of abuse. He should not have been given a life sentence for a rape which he did not kill the victim. The fact that he was a cop shouldn't make any difference

Henry Rogue
02-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Start executing convicted rapists and every single rape victim will be killed by their attacker after the rape and in states where execution is abolished, they will consider 75yr sentences the same with life imprisonment and the same thing will start happening to rape victims.

I am not sure why a lot of people think rape trauma is hardest to get over unlike the other kinds of trauma humans experience in their lives. Humans are pretty resilient and will recover from a lot of abuse. He should not have been given a life sentence for a rape which he did not kill the victim. The fact that he was a cop shouldn't make any differenceYou have a valid point. Enhancing the punishment may very well enhance the crime. Although this may not be the typical sentence for the mundane, all cop/rapists may very well execute their victims from now on. Although most cop/rapists may currently be executing their victims.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 03:27 PM

I'm not sure to what extent criminals actually think that far into it. That might be an interesting thing to study. I really don't think criminals usually intend on getting caught, but maybe I'm wrong.

I am not sure why a lot of people think rape trauma is hardest to get over unlike the other kinds of trauma humans experience in their lives. Humans are pretty resilient and will recover from a lot of abuse. He should not have been given a life sentence for a rape which he did not kill the victim. The fact that he was a cop shouldn't make any difference

I can't speak for the "trauma" bit, but I do think the fact that he's a cop makes a difference. Because you usually can't get away with killing a cop in self-defense, they have "authority." Most people are trained to naturally accept that authority. That makes a huge difference.

Red Green
02-14-2014, 03:49 PM

You have some valid points. But then again some of us just get giddy at the thought of a pig coming to an untimely end.

tod evans
02-14-2014, 05:04 PM

I disagree wholeheartedly!

The fact that he was a cop should call for treble the sentence a citizen should get, in every instance not "just" rape.

In fact I'll go further and state that every member of the "Just-Us" system from lawmakers to jailers and especially attorneys should be subjected to the same enhanced sentencing structure.

Friends and family of "Just-Us" department members caught even attempting to sit on a jury of one of their members must be severely punished also!

Until there's a stigma attached to government work akin to septic cleaning there can be no justice...

Smart3
02-14-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't support draconian punishment like this for murder, so I certainly don't support it for rape.

Sentencing a 28 (now 30) year old man to 75 years is cruel and unusual punishment.

I feel no sympathy for Pena, but still I'm not sure I'd have gone beyond 50 years if I were the Judge. If he does manage to survive to 80 years old, he won't be a threat to anyone, especially not his victim.

ChristianAnarchist
02-14-2014, 07:01 PM

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I had taken it as a sexual reference to the size of his member... Guess I need to clean up my thoughts... ;)

osan
02-14-2014, 08:25 PM
On the one hand, I am glad to see that bastard pig fry for the rest of his life in prison. It is my sincere hope that he will find equal treatment at the hands of his new and very lonely friends up the river at Attica. If they beat and maim him savagely I would still consider it too good, but I'd settle for it.

On the other hand, while nobody merits rape and I do feel for the young miss, I feel limitations there because she chose her living circumstances, specifically to live in a dive like NYC where she is barred the rightful means to defend herself. What a surprise that filthy raping pig would have experienced has the demur Ms. Cuomo produced a .45 and shot off his genitals. Still too good for him, but I would cheer. I'd make a trip to the old home town and take her to dinner to honor her good sense of self-respect.

On the other, other hand, it is at times difficult to hold accountable people whose "education" has lead them to such mind boggling ignorance that they are simply not capable of grokking their place in the world in terms of proper human relations. They expect someone, somewhere to make sure the booboos don't happen to them. In a sense they cannot help it. For such people, the simple mention of topics such as self defense and guns shuts them right down and they immediately go on to something else or engage in a ranting tirade about how you are a violent lunatic.

I have an old friend named Audrey. She used to work at Danceteria - elevator operator (we were young in those days). In early '84 I was attacked by a local drug addict in Harlem who stuck me with a knife. I had a Gerber Mk II which I promptly buried in his inner thigh. He ran away dripping LOTS of blood, though cops said they never found a body. A week or two later I was at the club and Audrey asked me what was up and I told her about the incident. The first words out of her mouth were, "I didn't know you were violent." Heaven knows I'm still fond of her, but she just doesn't get it. There is no couching of the topic that sets the light to shining, and I consider myself to be VERY adept at getting points across by various means. But this class of personality is simply impervious to reason. They will vomit forth non sequiturs that would simply astonish you, leaving your jaw in the dirt and your reeling mind wondering when and how you were transported to Planet Bizarro and why it is you never noticed the passage.

So I am torn by such stories. All at once I want to console such people and smack them in the head.

Holy crap... this is my 7001st post. I need to get a life.

asurfaholic
02-14-2014, 08:26 PM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/103/366/Captain-Obvious.jpg

osan
02-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't support draconian punishment like this for murder, so I certainly don't support it for rape.

Sentencing a 28 (now 30) year old man to 75 years is cruel and unusual punishment.

You can consider it any way you like, but God forbid when the day comes your daughter is raped, you will be howling for the guilty party to be peeled, drawn, and quartered... right after boiling in oil. There will be no punishment, no torment sufficient to set right that which was wronged.

I feel no sympathy for Pena, but still I'm not sure I'd have gone beyond 50 years if I were the Judge. If he does manage to survive to 80 years old, he won't be a threat to anyone, especially not his victim.

Herein lies as least part of your error - you think putting people into prison is solely about removing threats. That is only part of the deal. PUNISHMENT is the other part. Make no mistake about it - this is not about "rehabilitation", which speaks directly to the notion of threats. It is about the best attempt at balancing scales taht can never really be put right. Let us bear in mind that some bells cannot be unrung. If I steal from you, I can make restitution by returning your things, paying for what I took, and so on. Raping someone is a wildly different act in its fundamental nature. Chances are you know nothing significant about the experience of being raped. Until you do, you are typing out your backside, no offense. But when you learn first hand about what rape does to people, and I posted all about this a month or so ago somewhere here, you will sing a different tune. Of that I GUARANTEE. How do I know? Because only a scumbag sociopath would not be changed by such knowledge and I doubt you are anything like that.

Pena absolutely MUST remain in prison until she says let him go, all else equal; only then may we even begin to consider it. Until then, let him rot in a cell. As far as I am concerned, his suffering must not end a moment prior to the end of hers. He CHOSE to act with malice of forethought to commit a heinous act against an innocent young woman. That you would call just punishment for so vicious an act "cruel and unusual" speaks of a special brand of failure in thinking.

eduardo89
02-14-2014, 08:56 PM
You can consider it any way you like, but God forbid when the day comes your daughter is....

I honestly hope he never has children.

eduardo89
02-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Do you think he's serious or trolling? Or both?;)

I'm completely serious. There was a murder that was ruled suicide...even though the guy was shot in the back of the head and was found bound to a chair.

There's also the story of a guy dying of natural causes...after being stabbed a dozen times. But I think that one is just a joke.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 09:02 PM
I disagree wholeheartedly!

The fact that he was a cop should call for treble the sentence a citizen should get, in every instance not "just" rape.

In fact I'll go further and state that every member of the "Just-Us" system from lawmakers to jailers and especially attorneys should be subjected to the same enhanced sentencing structure.

Agreed.

Friends and family of "Just-Us" department members caught even attempting to sit on a jury of one of their members must be severely punished also!

How do we define "friend"? What if the person actually does think they can be objective? Just kick them off the jury and move on.

Until there's a stigma attached to government work akin to septic cleaning there can be no justice...

Agreed.

On the one hand, I am glad to see that bastard pig fry for the rest of his life in prison. It is my sincere hope that he will find equal treatment at the hands of his new and very lonely friends up the river at Attica. If they beat and maim him savagely I would still consider it too good, but I'd settle for it.

On the other hand, while nobody merits rape and I do feel for the young miss, I feel limitations there because she chose her living circumstances, specifically to live in a dive like NYC where she is barred the rightful means to defend herself. What a surprise that filthy raping pig would have experienced has the demur Ms. Cuomo produced a .45 and shot off his genitals. Still too good for him, but I would cheer. I'd make a trip to the old home town and take her to dinner to honor her good sense of self-respect.

On the other, other hand, it is at times difficult to hold accountable people whose "education" has lead them to such mind boggling ignorance that they are simply not capable of grokking their place in the world in terms of proper human relations. They expect someone, somewhere to make sure the booboos don't happen to them. In a sense they cannot help it. For such people, the simple mention of topics such as self defense and guns shuts them right down and they immediately go on to something else or engage in a ranting tirade about how you are a violent lunatic.

I have an old friend named Audrey. She used to work at Danceteria - elevator operator (we were young in those days). In early '84 I was attacked by a local drug addict in Harlem who stuck me with a knife. I had a Gerber Mk II which I promptly buried in his inner thigh. He ran away dripping LOTS of blood, though cops said they never found a body. A week or two later I was at the club and Audrey asked me what was up and I told her about the incident. The first words out of her mouth were, "I didn't know you were violent." Heaven knows I'm still fond of her, but she just doesn't get it. There is no couching of the topic that sets the light to shining, and I consider myself to be VERY adept at getting points across by various means. But this class of personality is simply impervious to reason. They will vomit forth non sequiturs that would simply astonish you, leaving your jaw in the dirt and your reeling mind wondering when and how you were transported to Planet Bizarro and why it is you never noticed the passage.

So I am torn by such stories. All at once I want to console such people and smack them in the head.

Holy crap... this is my 7001st post. I need to get a life.

I agree with most of what you say, but you can't really blame people for where they live for whatever reason. Its a variation on the silly "love it or leave it" premise.

I honestly hope he never has children.

Yeah, me too

tod evans
02-14-2014, 09:07 PM
How do we define "friend"? What if the person actually does think they can be objective? Just kick them off the jury and move on.

Absolutely!

Been in the same congregation as a member of the "Just-Us" department?

You're excused!

Live on the same block?

Excused!

Sister married to ones son?

Excused!

Government employment must be painted as the stigma which it is.

Those who suck the tit must be ostracised.

Henry Rogue
02-14-2014, 09:13 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/103/366/Captain-Obvious.jpg
No, that's Zippy's title, I don't deserve it for one lousy post.

asurfaholic
02-14-2014, 09:25 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/34276872.jpg

asurfaholic
02-14-2014, 09:26 PM

http://dorisong.com/poolsideinsouthcove/whatever-floats-your-goat-meme-24.jpg

phill4paul
02-14-2014, 09:30 PM

He first got a hung jury over the rape charges. Seems in NY forcible sodomy isn't rape so he got a hung jury. Me, if I had known the victim, I would have rather he didn't get a sentence and was released on time served. While I'm not an advocate on state sanctioned death an admission plus DNA would have convinced me that I needed to end his time on earth had I known the victim and been close to the situation.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Absolutely!

Been in the same congregation as a member of the "Just-Us" department?

You're excused!

Wait, so who exactly ISN'T in the same congregation as someone who is a cop? I mean, I'm sure there are some people, but that number would be few and far between. Heck, I'm good friends with a police officer's family who attends my church and you know I'm not pro-cop...

Or do you just mean the specific cop who is on trial? Because that would make way more sense.

Live on the same block?

Excused!

Sister married to ones son?

Excused!

I hear you.

Government employment must be painted as the stigma which it is.

Those who suck the tit must be ostracised.

I wouldn't say all government employment, although I know some libertarians disagree with me on this point, I don't think its immoral to work at the public library, for instance.

Police, on the other hand, yeah, I would like to see it get to that point where it just wasn't socially acceptable to do that. Unfortunately, we have a long way to go before we get to that point.

fr33
02-14-2014, 10:23 PM

Considering the relativity of punishments of other equal crimes in this system, I do agree. He could have beat someone until they were a paraplegic and got fewer years.

satchelmcqueen
02-14-2014, 10:49 PM
enjoy your jail time ya pussy cop. you should get more time because youre held to a higher standard. so fucking rot in there.

i swear if this were just 100 years ago or more, fuckers like this would be killed before court was ever thought about, by these womens husbands, brothers, dads...etc..theyre lucky to get jail imo.

squarepusher
02-14-2014, 11:10 PM

yeah, I have to say their simply should be equal punishment for people for crimes. However, the problem is the DA doesn't prosecute most police crimes, so the ones they do take on it seems they really throw everything at. For example, the police who shot up the womens car in Los Angeles because they thought it was Dorner. Isn't that attempted murder? They aren't getting charged with anything.

Christian Liberty
02-14-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm completely serious. There was a murder that was ruled suicide...even though the guy was shot in the back of the head and was found bound to a chair.

I know. What I don't understand is why the crap you BELIEVE that that's what happened.

Spikender
02-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Clearly because Eduardo is an alien goat working for the government.

I believe Molder's report.

osan
02-15-2014, 02:43 AM
I agree with most of what you say, but you can't really blame people for where they live for whatever reason. Its a variation on the silly "love it or leave it" premise.

No, not really. It is about being responsible for your choices. That young woman should not have to worry about such things, but places like NYC are of such a character that one is behooved to think about them carefully - more so than most other places. This is due in large part to the fact that the city government sees fit to deny people the effective means of self-defense. This is not only insane, it is criminal. I cannot legally carry a gun, a knife, a club. If I am attacked in NYC and I use my jujutsu training to lock and break my attacker's body, or slam his head into the pavement, unless I make an immediate ghost of myself there is zero chance that I will not face felony charges. This is what they DO there.

For example, ca '91 '92, a young marine was attacked at the W 4th street station (subway) by a knife wielding lunatic who, as I recall, was robbing the news stand. The recently disharged Marine had a ONE INCH pen knife with which to defend himself. He killed his attacked with a strike to the neck and as far as I know remains to this day in prison for it. He was charged with second degree murder and the idiot NYC jury convicted him.

My point here is that the environment is well known of its hazards, yet people still choose to remain. This does not mean they deserve what they get, but it must be borne in mind that they are in part responsible because they chose to remain. It is not about blame, but of accountability for one's actions in the face of clear facts.

Spikender
02-15-2014, 04:04 AM
For example, ca '91 '92, a young marine was attacked at the W 4th street station (subway) by a knife wielding lunatic who, as I recall, was robbing the news stand. The recently disharged Marine had a ONE INCH pen knife with which to defend himself. He killed his attacked with a strike to the neck and as far as I know remains to this day in prison for it. He was charged with second degree murder and the idiot NYC jury convicted him.

If say, however, a cop had blasted the man with his handgun and hit four innocent bystanders in the process, he would've been cleared of wrongdoing.

Source: The Empire State Building Shooting

tod evans
02-15-2014, 04:11 AM
Wait, so who exactly ISN'T in the same congregation as someone who is a cop? I mean, I'm sure there are some people, but that number would be few and far between. Heck, I'm good friends with a police officer's family who attends my church and you know I'm not pro-cop...

Or do you just mean the specific cop who is on trial? Because that would make way more sense.

Nope, any cop, judge, DA, jailer, probation dept. employee, etc....

These pieces of shit have infested the real world to the point that a "fair" trial is impossible.

The simple fact that you claim a cop and his family as your "friends" taints your judgement no matter how loudly you protest.

There is no difference than if a Klansman were to try and sit a fair jury in Harlem...

Origanalist
02-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Holy shit.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Spikender again. :eek:

PaulConventionWV
02-15-2014, 10:25 AM

Right, simply accuse the DA of favoritism and "off with his head!" That makes a lot of sense. No trial, no conviction, just one person says he was playing favorites and it's death to the DA.

PaulConventionWV
02-15-2014, 10:34 AM

Now, raped I can understand, but I've always viewed those who advocate castration for anything as barbaric. Sorry. I think people are just trying to 1up each other when it comes to that. "I hate rapists SOOO much that..."

We have a legal system for a reason. Castration is barbaric.

PaulConventionWV
02-15-2014, 10:36 AM

Yes, but without the brawn they can't do shit to us.

tod evans
02-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Right, simply accuse the DA of favoritism and "off with his head!" That makes a lot of sense. No trial, no conviction, just one person says he was playing favorites and it's death to the DA.

Absolutely!

Given my druthers there'd be a substantial bounty for DA pelts too. ;)

I have no use for the parasitic vermin...

tod evans
02-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Yes, but without the brawn they can't do shit to us.

Never been subpoenaed eh?

How about wages garnished?

Liens put on your property?

The list goes on....

PaulConventionWV
02-15-2014, 10:43 AM

As much as I hesitate to say it, I think I agree with you. If we are talking as human beings and not punishing him for being a cop, then 75 years was probably too much. That said, I'm not losing any sleep over it. He's a dirt bag and he used it for his own benefit. I'm not one to jump on the "...and then some" bandwagon of people who feel the need to constantly show how much more they hate rapists than everyone else. It's really quite childish if you think about it.

And no, rape isn't something you can't recover from. I don't care who you are, killing someone is not a fit punishment for violating them sexually.

PaulConventionWV
02-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I know. What I don't understand is why the crap you BELIEVE that that's what happened.

So you actually believe it was a suicide even though he was bound to a chair and the bullet was to the back of the head?

PaulConventionWV
02-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Never been subpoenaed eh?

How about wages garnished?

Liens put on your property?

The list goes on....

What can they do about it if no cops?

asurfaholic
02-15-2014, 11:28 AM
So you actually believe it was a suicide even though he was bound to a chair and the bullet was to the back of the head?

Simple residue tests and other forensic clues can help get to the bottom of it. Unfortunately the fox is guarding THAT henhouse.

tangowhiskeykilo
02-15-2014, 11:38 AM

He wont last 75 years. Maybe 7.5 if the guards go out of their way to keep him alive. If not, hopefully .75 years.

Christian Liberty
02-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Nope, any cop, judge, DA, jailer, probation dept. employee, etc....

These pieces of shit have infested the real world to the point that a "fair" trial is impossible.

The simple fact that you claim a cop and his family as your "friends" taints your judgement no matter how loudly you protest.

There is no difference than if a Klansman were to try and sit a fair jury in Harlem...

I'm curious how many people, other than on this forum and people who think like us, actually don't have any kind of a personal relationships with any police. you wouldn't even be able to find a jury:)

Maybe it taints my judgment, I don't know. But I don't think you'd find many people who would be more willing to make a cop pay for his crimes than I am. So, yes, if a cop was on trial, I would try to get onto the jury, so we'd have at least one not-"pro cop" sheep on the jury. Would you really prefer a random guy on that jury than me? (Assuming that the cop on trial isn't the one that I happen to know personally.)

I guess you'd kill me then:) Whoopdiedoo...

With regards to your point about having personal relationships with cops... I'd love to get to a point where cops AND soldiers were socially condemned to the point where at the very least Christians who chose to work in those professions could be placed under church discipline. When it comes to the world, the Bible teaches that we shouldn't shun the sinners of the world (1 Corinthians 5:11) but even then, I'd love to see a world where "police" were no more socially accepted than prostitutes. But the bottom line is, we're nowhere near that point in reality. I pretty much stand alone among the circle of the people I know on this issue, and there's a lot of ground-work that would need to be done before we can have a culture that would be like what we're discussing here. While that's the case, I would think that continuing to have a relationship with this person and educating as best I can would be a better choice than just shunning them (Even if I did really have the choice.)

Mind you, this particular person is the type who I really doubt would abuse his power deliberately, and he's not the type that I've seen brag about the ppower that he has either. He's also a captain so I don't think he's directly arresting people although I'm not totally sure what he does.

I think tod evans is just taking a "kill all DAs" attitude. Not sure if he's completely serious or not. At any rate, I think everyone has a right to a fair trial, even scumbags. I can understand vigilante justice when someone is legally untouchable for some reason and there is proof that they did the thing, but there's no way "no trial" should ever be part of a judicial system.

Now, raped I can understand, but I've always viewed those who advocate castration for anything as barbaric. Sorry. I think people are just trying to 1up each other when it comes to that. "I hate rapists SOOO much that..."

We have a legal system for a reason. Castration is barbaric.

The reason I would support castration for rape IF I trusted the criminal justice system (Note that since I don't, I don't support it) is it would prevent the person from ever committing rape ever again, and there's no reason we as a society should have to deal with that risk AFTER the person has already committed rape.

The problem is that the term "rape" is so broadly used in our society, not to mention the justice system makes lots of mistakes. "Statutory rape" is not rape, and even if the age differential is sufficient that someone in good faith might think it should be criminal, its still not "rape" provided there was any form of consent.

NO! That was my point. Eduardo89 was implying that he did believe it. I'm not sure if he was joking or not. I definitely do not believe it.

asurfaholic
02-15-2014, 12:48 PM
The reason I would support castration for rape IF I trusted the criminal justice system (Note that since I don't, I don't support it) is it would prevent the person from ever committing rape ever again, and there's no reason we as a society should have to deal with that risk AFTER the person has already committed rape.

The problem is that the term "rape" is so broadly used in our society, not to mention the justice system makes lots of mistakes. "Statutory rape" is not rape, and even if the age differential is sufficient that someone in good faith might think it should be criminal, its still not "rape" provided there was any form of consent.

The main problem is that it is a horrible irreversible procedure, and if you think about it wouldn't be sufficient to stop a rapist from raping again. He can still use his fingers/hands/arms/nightstick and do a horrible deed to the damsel.

Smart3
02-15-2014, 08:35 PM
You can consider it any way you like, but God forbid when the day comes your daughter is raped, you will be howling for the guilty party to be peeled, drawn, and quartered... right after boiling in oil. There will be no punishment, no torment sufficient to set right that which was wronged.

Herein lies as least part of your error - you think putting people into prison is solely about removing threats. That is only part of the deal. PUNISHMENT is the other part. Make no mistake about it - this is not about "rehabilitation", which speaks directly to the notion of threats. It is about the best attempt at balancing scales taht can never really be put right. Let us bear in mind that some bells cannot be unrung. If I steal from you, I can make restitution by returning your things, paying for what I took, and so on. Raping someone is a wildly different act in its fundamental nature. Chances are you know nothing significant about the experience of being raped. Until you do, you are typing out your backside, no offense. But when you learn first hand about what rape does to people, and I posted all about this a month or so ago somewhere here, you will sing a different tune. Of that I GUARANTEE. How do I know? Because only a scumbag sociopath would not be changed by such knowledge and I doubt you are anything like that.

Pena absolutely MUST remain in prison until she says let him go, all else equal; only then may we even begin to consider it. Until then, let him rot in a cell. As far as I am concerned, his suffering must not end a moment prior to the end of hers. He CHOSE to act with malice of forethought to commit a heinous act against an innocent young woman. That you would call just punishment for so vicious an act "cruel and unusual" speaks of a special brand of failure in thinking.
Nothing I hate more than people telling me how I'd react to such an occasion. Why do you assume that I have to become a relative or friend of a victim in order to truly understand the full picture? How would rape turn me into an emotional person, as opposed to a logical and methodical one? I argue that I know myself quite well, and I believe my reaction would not amount to hypocrisy. I would not argue that the rapist who raped someone I know, get more time than the rapist who raped someone I don't know. In fact, I might even go so far as argue for a lighter sentence in case the individual was sentenced like Pena.

Now I'm sure you'll read this and think I'm delusional or lying, but I'm telling you the "God's honest" truth. Whatever I am, I am not a hypocrite.

PaulConventionWV
02-16-2014, 09:50 AM

That's fine for all intents and purposes, but I would like to note that the idea of castration as punishment is flawed even in principle. If the aim were simply to prevent crime, then we might as well castrate everyone. You're getting into pre-crime when you start enforcing the law for the purpose of crime prevention. It's an aim that is impossible for the justice system to handle. The prevention of crime is the responsibility of the potential victims of the crime.

Furthermore, castration is still barbaric, even if it did completely eradicate sexual crimes, which is doubtful. The punishment must fit the crime. You're arguing from the perspective of "the greater good" by sacrificing one person's liberty (the liberty to have their bodies intact) for the potential safety of the general public. This completely ignores the potential for rapists or sexual criminals to redeem or reform themselves. Even if the effects of rape can be quite painful and long-lasting, they are temporary and the damage they do is limited in scope. Castration is forever. The punishment does not fit the crime.

We "as a society" are not responsible for each and every individual, collectively. Society can't be the protector of the individual, nor can it mete out justice according to the needs of "society", since only individuals commit crimes or become victims of crimes. Individuals must be dealt with as individuals, so none of this "for the good of society" bullcrap.

That's not all of the problem, as I have delineated above. The problem is collectivism, of which you are guilty in this post.

NO! That was my point. Eduardo89 was implying that he did believe it. I'm not sure if he was joking or not. I definitely do not believe it.

No, you got it backwards. Eduardo was implying that he did NOT believe it either. Read it again. He simply described what happened with the intent to portray how ridiculous it can be.

PaulConventionWV
02-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Nothing I hate more than people telling me how I'd react to such an occasion. Why do you assume that I have to become a relative or friend of a victim in order to truly understand the full picture? How would rape turn me into an emotional person, as opposed to a logical and methodical one? I argue that I know myself quite well, and I believe my reaction would not amount to hypocrisy. I would not argue that the rapist who raped someone I know, get more time than the rapist who raped someone I don't know. In fact, I might even go so far as argue for a lighter sentence in case the individual was sentenced like Pena.

Now I'm sure you'll read this and think I'm delusional or lying, but I'm telling you the "God's honest" truth. Whatever I am, I am not a hypocrite.

It's funny how you admit that people may perceive you as delusional in one of the extremely rare instances that your posts actually do make logical sense.