PDA

View Full Version : “DO YOU WANT TO DIE TODAY?” 20 cops attack family.

phill4paul
02-14-2014, 08:11 AM
...over registration tags.

OMAHA — A family has filed a lawsuit after their home was violently invaded and they were beaten and abused by a swarm of police officers.

It began when Octavius Johnson noticed a group of officers outside of his home.

They were standing near his car and calling a tow truck over to have it impounded. They were doing this because Octavius’s car did not have new registration tags on the licence plate.

Octavius peacefully went outside and tried to dialog with the officers.

That’s when one officer can be seen coming up from behind and attacking Octavius, grabbing him by the neck and yanking him backwards onto the concrete.

The officer looked around and checked to make sure nobody was observing, then continued punching Octavius in the head while Octavius was restrained, according to the complaint.

Then the officer threatened to murder Octavius.

“He went around my neck, threw me to the ground, choked me out to the point where I couldn’t breathe or speak and kept punching me in the face. Then he said ‘Do you want to die today?’”

Fortunately, Octavius’s brother came to the sidewalk and began filming the incident. He can be heard yelling “Why are you hitting him?!”

But officers ended up destroying the brother’s camera and memory card, the complaint states.

Several more officers arrived even though Octavius was restrained, and appeared to start rampaging in the street just for fun.

The entire block was clogged with squad cars and officers were seen running in multiple directions.

They had no idea that another neighbor was filming everything from a home across the street.

With Octavius beaten and pinned to the ground, they then barged into his family’s house with no warrant and began attacking the rest of his family.

Inside the home, one of the officers placed his hand on an elderly aunt’s wheelchair and tipped it to the side, causing her to be thrown to the ground, according to the complaint. She had to be rushed to the hospital for injuries.

The ACLU has issued a press release, stating that four members of the family were attacked and their privacy was invaded “despite the fact that no crime, drugs, or weapons were involved.”

Included in the press release are statements from two members of the family.

Octavius Johnson’s statement: “I feel like I am on the opposite end of justice. A parking ticket turned into officers storming my house and me being thrown to the ground and put into a chokehold. When I was on the ground and police ran towards my house, I was worried about the family that raised me. I have seen incidents like this happen to other people. I now know that something like this could happen to not just my family, but any family.”

Sharon Johnson’s statement: “Officers entered the home while I was watching from the front door. Juaquez enters and next thing I know an officer enters, throws my wheelchair and me out of the way. I end up with the wheelchair on top of me, my legs in the air. Several officers continued to walk over me as they entered the house… I ended up in handcuffs. It wasn’t until a family member came by later that I was able to get back into my wheelchair. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I still have physical pain from that day.”

Four of the officers were fired after the video surfaced and of those four, only two are facing criminal charges.

In total, the lawsuit names Todd Schmaderer, Chief of Police, eight named officers, and 24 unnamed officers, according to the ACLU press release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6Ejn0Hnkc

http://filmingcops.com/do-you-want-to-die-today-cop-threatens-to-murder-man-as-20-officers-attack-the-mans-family/

belian78
02-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Those would have been dead cops, had that been my family being beaten like that.

Spikender
02-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Those would have been dead cops, had that been my family being beaten like that.

That's what I never understand about these cases. I can see fear and confusion keeping one from reacting in that manner...

But I just know in my heart I could not stand by and watch my family get beaten like that and do absolutely nothing. Then again, why do you think there were so many damn cops there? They're fucking pussies too scared to go in ones and twos, so they have to mob up on a family and a disabled person because they're punks with no balls or vaginas respectively.

All they know is how to act like a criminal gang. Fuck the Bloods and Crips, the Cops are the ones you really have to worry about, and the worst part is: every part of America is their turf.

Origanalist
02-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Major kudos to the neighbor. That actually took some guts. War on US. If any of those scumbags saw the neighbor filming he/she would have received the same treatment.

Origanalist
02-14-2014, 08:58 AM
That's what I never understand about these cases. I can see fear and confusion keeping one from reacting in that manner...

But I just know in my heart I could not stand by and watch my family get beaten like that and do absolutely nothing. Then again, why do you think there were so many damn cops there? They're fucking pussies too scared to go in ones and twos, so they have to mob up on a family and a disabled person because they're punks with no balls or vaginas respectively.

All they know is how to act like a criminal gang. Fuck the Bloods and Crips, the Cops are the ones you really have to worry about, and the worst part is: every part of America is their turf.

The coward that charged into the house didn't do so until the rest of them showed up.

phill4paul
02-14-2014, 09:00 AM
No APV or SWAT teams? I am disappoint. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to ensure "officer safety."

pcosmar
02-14-2014, 09:01 AM
http://www.omaha.com/article/20140106/NEWS/140109349

Officer James Kinsella was later accused of taking a memory card and camera operated by the brothers from inside the family's home and was charged with tampering with evidence. His supervisor, Sgt. Aaron Von Behren, who was said to have orchestrated a cover-up, also was charged in the incident.

Kinsella, Von Behren, and another fired officer, Justin A. Reeve, did not appeal their terminations. Canterbury took his case to an arbitrator, who has not yet issued a decision.

All charges against the Johnson brothers were dropped.

The family is seeking compensation for medical expenses and property damage, among other claims.

tod evans
02-14-2014, 09:02 AM
and the worst part is: every part of America is their turf.

The worst part is paying for the privilege....

Spikender
02-14-2014, 09:03 AM
The coward that charged into the house didn't do so until the rest of them showed up.

You never know, there could be 90 lb mentally disabled kids or vicious Schnauzers lying in wait inside, he did it to ensure officer safety.

tod evans
02-14-2014, 09:06 AM
You never know, there could be 90 lb mentally disabled kids or vicious Schnauzers lying in wait inside, he did it to ensure officer safety.

"Officer safety" is only truely insured when the idiots burn young children with flash-bang grenades..

There's a story about that back there somewhere...

Spikender
02-14-2014, 09:07 AM
"Officer safety" is only truely insured when the idiots burn young children with flash-bang grenades..

There's a story about that back there somewhere...

Oh right, the flash grenade on the end of a broomstick that they stuck through a window...

Fucking morons.

phill4paul
02-14-2014, 09:44 PM
//

fr33
02-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Someone made a rap song and video about this back when it happened: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?414557-quot-No-Justice-No-Peace!-quot-Police-Brutality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyxyLwKfuOU

jkr
02-14-2014, 10:16 PM
because
he
didnt
pay
THE MOB
THEIR EXTORTION
"fee"

for his
$LAVE LICENCE

"licensed 2 $lave"

kinda catchy...

Root
02-14-2014, 10:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEr_mZf06Y

satchelmcqueen
02-14-2014, 11:03 PM
so many pussy cops nowdays! im going to start sending them tampax for free to their head quarters. not for their pussies bleeding, but rather for them to soak the blood of the innocent off their fists.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Surprised they did not shoot the dog in the yard.

The police are your enemy.

enemy
\e' nə mē\
noun
one that attacks or tries to harm another

LibertyEagle
02-14-2014, 11:31 PM
The video is dated 3/13.

Damn. All that over an expired registration sticker. That's downright scary.

Spikender
02-15-2014, 01:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEr_mZf06Y

I've never seen that video before, but that says just about everything I've ever thought about the police. Thanks for sharing. +rep

SewrRatt
02-15-2014, 02:00 AM
Where's that Alfred E. Neuman guy? Is he only paid to shill on certain topics, or would it just be too blatant here?

kcchiefs6465
02-15-2014, 02:52 AM
I've never seen that video before, but that says just about everything I've ever thought about the police. Thanks for sharing. +rep
We made the video, how about that.

These fucks.

Spikender
02-15-2014, 04:06 AM
We made the video, how about that.

These fucks.

I would say you'd be surprised if I told you that I blast anti-cop rap songs to wind down after I watch videos like that or read topics about the police here on RPF...

But I don't think you would be.

Root
02-15-2014, 04:39 AM
That video played a role in waking me up.

Spikender
02-15-2014, 04:50 AM
That video played a role in waking me up.

Nice!

I wish I could point to a source like that as what woke me up, but I'll forever have to go on knowing that Glenn Beck was the one that lead to me waking up...

Oh well.

chudrockz
02-15-2014, 06:24 AM
I would say you'd be surprised if I told you that I blast anti-cop rap songs to wind down after I watch videos like that or read topics about the police here on RPF...

But I don't think you would be.

Back in the day when I drank a lot more whisky than I do now, I used to watch things like that and blast some Rage Against the Machine and turn my living room into a temporary mosh pit for awhile, lest I decide to smash a computer to bits or something.

Spikender
02-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Back in the day when I drank a lot more whisky than I do now, I used to watch things like that and blast some Rage Against the Machine and turn my living room into a temporary mosh pit for awhile, lest I decide to smash a computer to bits or something.

Now that sounds like some fun!

"Those who died are justified, for wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites!"

I could get down to summa that. Definitely a good way to cool off.

LibForestPaul
02-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Why is the DA quiet? Why is he not pressing charges? He has video evidence...

tod evans
02-15-2014, 08:40 AM

You owe me a keyboard!

pcosmar
02-15-2014, 08:43 AM

The system protects the system.

Those fired (for the good of the system) will be hired elsewhere,, and the system continues.

Origanalist
02-15-2014, 09:15 AM
You owe me a keyboard!

I'm sure he has spent countless hour studying it trying to figure out a way to charge the owner of the vehicle.

SeanTX
02-15-2014, 09:34 AM
The system protects the system.

Those fired (for the good of the system) will be hired elsewhere,, and the system continues.

Didn't one of those fired recently get reinstated ? I thought I read that here or elsewhere ...

Czolgosz
02-15-2014, 10:03 AM
The Architect and a few good men can turn this on it's head.

resme
02-15-2014, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO18F4aKGzQ