PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul breaks bread with Eric Holder after suing Obama administration

jct74
02-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Rand Paul breaks bread with Holder after suing Obama administration

Posted by CNN Political Unit
February 12th, 2014 06:55 PM ET

(CNN) - After suing President Barack Obama over government surveillance on Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul had lunch with Attorney General Eric Holder.

The Kentucky Republican and the nation’s top law enforcement officer discussed shared support for reforms to the criminal justice system, according to a Justice Department official.

They had salmon and tomato soup.

“The attorney general and Sen. Paul met for lunch at the Justice Department to discuss sentencing reform and felony disenfranchisement," the Justice Department official said.

"The attorney general appreciates the senator’s leadership on both issues and is pleased to have the opportunity to work with him on these shared priorities,” the official said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/12/rand-paul-breaks-bread-with-holder-after-suing-obama-administration/

green73
02-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Well that's better than his response to the filibuster...

FindLiberty
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
...avoid the tea!

satchelmcqueen
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
i wonder if the discussed fast and furious/

asurfaholic
02-13-2014, 08:42 PM
i wonder if the discussed fast and furious/

i would guess not.

brushfire
02-13-2014, 09:12 PM
...avoid the tea!

Along with the polonium 210

jclay2
02-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Am I the only one who is disturbed by this? Holder is a complete thug criminal. If I had lunch with him I would probably have trouble holding myself back from bashing his face into the table over fast and furious.

Brett85
02-13-2014, 11:21 PM
Am I the only one who is disturbed by this? Holder is a complete thug criminal. If I had lunch with him I would probably have trouble holding myself back from bashing his face into the table over fast and furious.

That's why you'll never be a politician.

Lightweis
02-13-2014, 11:42 PM

I served Eric holder when I was a waiter. Blessed are the peace makers

fr33
02-13-2014, 11:46 PM

He's pretty bad but he has even worse predecessors. One of them being himself of course..

limequat
02-14-2014, 06:40 AM

If Rand Paul only talked to friends in DC, he would be a lonely man who rarely gets anything accomplished.

While you may get great gratification from impaling Holder's eyeball with a soup spoon, it would do nothing for Liberty. Holder would be replaced by someone even worse, you'd go to jail for the rest of your life, and we'd all become "terrorists".

Rand's approach is much better.

limequat
02-14-2014, 06:46 AM

I assume that means that you jizzed in his soup.

eduardo89
02-14-2014, 07:20 AM
They had salmon and tomato soup.

I hope not in that order. That would be ridiculous.

JK/SEA
02-14-2014, 07:22 AM

how much of a tip did he give you?

Spikender
02-14-2014, 08:28 AM
how much of a tip did he give you?

He gave more than just the tip.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2014, 06:48 PM

That's why you'll never be a politician.

Yup, quite right, me neither.

RandallFan
02-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. was treated at a Washington hospital Thursday for an elevated heart rate after he experienced light headedness and shortness of breath during a morning staff meeting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/attorney-general-eric-h-holder-hospitalized/2014/02/27/3e826da6-9fce-11e3-9ba6-800d1192d08b_story.html

If Holder had to retire or worse, Rand would have been the last Republican who was nice to him. That would make Rand look like a good guy.