PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Advertising Laws

wildcatlh
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
The more I think the more that I don't think anything of this sort -- from banners over I-95 to Airplane Banners to Bench Ads -- should be done without talking to Dr. Paul's campaign first. I'm not an expert in campaign finance matters, but I have a strong feeling there are issues involved in any advertising of this sort.

(note: I know, and you know what Dr. Paul probably THINKS about those campaign finance rules. I think they're bogus, and that they violate the first amendment. That being said, I'd hate to see Dr. Paul have issues over anything we do).

-Andrew

ReneInMiami
06-26-2007, 08:07 AM
We Need To Set The Record Straight About What We Can And Can't Do.

The Supreme Court just ruled that corporations, unions and advocacy groups could use their treasuries to pay for advertisements in the run up to elections.

If anybody knows a good Web site, a resource, to guide us in what we can and can not do, please post it here.

I think one of the best ways we could help Ron Paul is to take out ads (in newspapers, billboards, airplanes, everywhere) urging people to watch Dr. Ron Paul in the debates. Think of a billboard that says simply, "WATCH RON PAUL" and then the date, time and channel along with "Republican Presidential Debate." Let's let RP do the talking.

Mani
06-26-2007, 08:58 AM
We Need To Set The Record Straight About What We Can And Can't Do.

The Supreme Court just ruled that corporations, unions and advocacy groups could use their treasuries to pay for advertisements in the run up to elections.

If anybody knows a good Web site, a resource, to guide us in what we can and can not do, please post it here.

I think one of the best ways we could help Ron Paul is to take out ads (in newspapers, billboards, airplanes, everywhere) urging people to watch Dr. Ron Paul in the debates. Think of a billboard that says simply, "WATCH RON PAUL" and then the date, time and channel along with "Republican Presidential Debate." Let's let RP do the talking.

I would also encourage visits to his website where there are more indepth videos. He doesn't always get enough coverage during the debates.

hroos
06-26-2007, 10:40 AM
The more I think the more that I don't think anything of this sort -- from banners over I-95 to Airplane Banners to Bench Ads -- should be done without talking to Dr. Paul's campaign first. I'm not an expert in campaign finance matters, but I have a strong feeling there are issues involved in any advertising of this sort.

(note: I know, and you know what Dr. Paul probably THINKS about those campaign finance rules. I think they're bogus, and that they violate the first amendment. That being said, I'd hate to see Dr. Paul have issues over anything we do).

-Andrew

There is a post in the forums that discusses how the Supreme Court has decided that 3rd parties can purchase advertising for political campaigns.

Click here for more. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=38171#post38171)