PDA

View Full Version : Ban Giuliani from All Future Debates

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:07 PM
I think we should start a movement to ban Rudy Giuliani from all future debates.

Our reasoning would be that his statements at the last debate were "out of whack" and unAmerican, that he is lying about fellow candidates, and that he doesn't understand U.S. foreign policy.

:rolleyes:

qednick
05-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Great idea. How do we start a petition?

Gabecpa
05-18-2007, 02:09 PM
It's easier for him to bury himself with his interventionist, pro-abortion, big government, cross dressing stances.

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, but it would be a fun thing to do and those who learn about it might learn about Ron Paul.

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't know how to start a petition. Does anybody recommend a particular petition site?

qednick
05-18-2007, 02:12 PM
It may also be far more likely to hit the headlines if there's no title mention of RP. Heh.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-18-2007, 02:15 PM
IMHO, while it would be nice to get Giuliani's blimp-sized ego and meager intellect off the stage, we don't need to lower ourselves to their level. Sure, Giuliani has Faux New$ and the other MSM in his pocket, but he's already shooting himself in the foot, not just by the thoughtful reaction to his childish outburst during the debate, but with the base of the Republican party with his flip-flops on abortion. I was listening to calls to G. Gordon Liddy's show in the car today and even his callers seem to think that Giuliani would make a great Democrat and he should be the one switching parties.

Dr. Paul and his message does not need to back down from any intimidation and I don't think he'd support bouncing someone out of the debates just because they don't agree with him, no matter how moronic they act.

Melchior
05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I understand this is in good humor, but do we really want to stoop down to their level? :p

winston_blade
05-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Let's not do it. I think it would just make us look bad.

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:25 PM
With all due respect, I am proposing this petition as a joke to make people realize how ridiculous it is to try and bar anybody from the debates. I think you might be taking things a bit too seriously. Nobody thinks this Giuiliani petition will literally get him out of the debates.

Sometimes being polite just doesn't cut it.

augustwest
05-18-2007, 02:28 PM
RG will self destruct on his own, and soon.

James Dobson has come out against him.
Most of the Gun owners I interact with can't stand him.
Civil Libertarians can't stand him.

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Let's not do it. I think it would just make us look bad.

I disagree completely. I see a lot of people on this board who are trying to micromanage Ron Paul's supporters and what they can say or do. You are all taking things way too seriously.

Also, why does it have anything to do with Ron Paul? The petition would not even mention his name. Relax.

ARealConservative
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
bad idea.

Look, at the next debate- assuming the networks show even a minimum level of responsibillity - The moderator are going to have to have Guliani address Paul's demands for an apology....And that only helps us.

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:53 PM
LOL. You guys really don't get what I'm trying to say. It is supposed to be a joke. Have you ever head of satire?

"Oh no, we mustn't offend anyone."

What the hell?

You guys need to start shaking the foundatoins, making noise, and making a stink! Letters to the editor are just not going to make a difference.

Revolution is not polite.

ronpaulitician
05-18-2007, 02:55 PM
We have reason on our side. We don't need to stoop to their level.

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I would like to add that when I posted this thread I was joking. See the happy face in the post?

Then someone suggested a petition and I started thinking about it and it would be a fun thing to do.

I don't know how to do it. I think I'll suggest it to a friend.

We're going to make a mockery of the mainstream media.

If you can't beat 'em, make fun of 'em. :)

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:56 PM
We have reason on our side. We don't need to stoop to their level.

Sometimes you have to dig through the dirt to catch a worm.