PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming Support for Ron Paul in St. Petersburg & Mitt Cheating

Channing
11-30-2007, 03:32 AM
A blogger reports the overwhelming support for the Florida Straw Poll in St. Petersburg, Florida and accuses Mitt Romney of cheating. I must say the results of this straw poll are indeed strange in that both Romney and Paul are way ahead of the rest by a margin of 10:1. This is understandable for Paul because one can see that Ron Paul supporters turned out en masse. So this leaves the question where did all the votes for Mitt Romney come from?

The results are in from the rained out "Have Your Say Tampa Bay" straw poll and debate watch rally:

Romney 893; Paul 534; Giuliani 39; Huckabee 37; Thompson 21; McCain 12; Hunter 4; Keyes 2; Tancredo 1.

This includes several videos of the event (see bottom) as evidence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Florida Supporter:

This isn't going to be extremely long and detailed, because I just don't have the time right now BUT....

Last night I drove down to St. Petersberg, Florida for the youtube/CNN debate. (which sucked by the way, because they are COMPLETELY BIASED, it was more like the Ghoooliani/Romney hour)....anyway.....

They were having a GOP bar-b-que and straw poll a couple hours before the debate started. I really wanted to vote in this "official" straw poll because they always seem to skew it and I wanted Ron to get as many votes as possible. HOW RIGHT I WAS......

Some of you might be shocked by this, others won't be, but either way you need to know what was going on down there.

1st I want to make one thing very clear. RON PAUL OWNED ST. PETERSBERG!!!!! I mean this very literally when I say there was NO other signs in the entire city for ANY other candidate besides Ron Paul. ONLY in a little piece of grass by the water, in which they were doing the straw poll, did Romney or Ghooliani have any signs. And even there those were lost in a sea of bright blue Ronnies!!!

There was 3....THREE!!!!!! airplanes flying over head with different Ron Paul messages. HUGE banners with Ron Pauls portrait hanging from the sides of buildings. Hundreds of supporters EVERYWHERE waving signs and wearing Ron Paul clothing. The fact of the matter is, there just wasn't any support for any other candidate! Literally. NONE!!!!

SO.....at the straw poll of course there were just hundreds of Ron Paul supporters. He was winning by a landslide. THEN we noticed Mitt Romney had set up a little table and was passing out tickets by the dozens. Now you have to realize that it was $20 a ticket, so the Romney camp must have shelled out the big bucks because they had two bags FULL of tickets that they were giving them to their few supporters MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!!!

I WANT EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND THIS>>>>>>>

MULTIPLE TIMES!! YES! You heard right. Mitt Romneys camp was blatantly getting people to vote multiple times and the local GOP did NOTHING to stop them. I watched it all with my own eyes, otherwise I would not be writing this right now. THAT IS THE AMERICA WE ARE LIVING IN FOLKS!!!!

They just don't care about any kind of democratic process. It only mattered that Mitt come out on top. When they saw Ron Paul would win by a landslide, they had to do something. Only thing to do though was cheat. And they obviously had no problem doing that. It was truly unbelievable. We were all in shock!

So in closing......this might sound kind of depressing, but it's really nothing new. I think we are all on the same page about this stuff. Last night for me though was extremely encouraging because I now know, With 100% certainty. EVERY bone in my body. Deep in my gut. That on Feb. 5 and the other Primary dates, the biased media and the sheep people of our country are going to be ASTONISHED!

They still don't get it! They don't comprehend the fact that they DON'T HAVE ANY SUPPORT. THERE WAS NO SUPPORT BASE FOR ANY OTHER CANDIDATE IN THE ENTIRE CITY OF ST. PETERSBERG. Ron Paul is going to start winning folks. I'm sure of it.

TAKE HEART EVERYONE! YOUR WORK HAS NOT BEEN IN VAIN!!!! This movement is taking over. I saw it with my own eyes last night in St. Pete.

There is nothing they can do about it!

LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2007/11/romney-wins-str.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Videos showing how multiple votes were cast (namely by handing out multiple machine access cards):

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/PhotoJedi/?action=view&current=MVI_3905.flv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rm-AUMJ6Ko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFnrLvszFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p_9wufXUG0

In the fourth video when the camera guy says "one vote per person, not one vote per ticket" the lady who just got her tickets quickly puts them under her arm to conceal she knew what she was doing was wrong, this is telltale.

This videos shows how big the support for Ron Paul was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpq5rhrrCiM

Channing
11-30-2007, 03:37 AM
This is even confirmed by a report from the St. Petersburg Times:

St. Petersburg straw poll votes were cast with cash

ST. PETERSBURG -- Mitt Romney bought himself a victory in the straw poll for Republicans at a rain-shortened barbecue in Vinoy Park.

Romney got 893 votes, besting second-place Ron Paul's 534 -- despite Paul's shuttling in supporters on a rented trolley and shuttle. The campaign had a plane sporting pro-Paul slogans and a boat touting him, too.

In fact, Paul supporters dominated the crowd, which reached an estimated 1,000 people. Tickets for votes cost $20 each.

So how did Romney do it?

"I voted 20 times," Derek Gyongzois, 38, of St. Petersburg exclaimed after casting ballots.

He said he works as a volunteer for the Romney campaign (and begged a reporter not to print his 20-vote tally). Did he buy the tickets?

"I don't have that kind of money," Gyongzois said.

He wasn't the only person voting more than once. Paul supporter Mike Wagner, 57, of St. Petersburg: "This thing is rigged."

Before rain cut short the event, Paul supporters were voting multiple times, too.

"This is the best election money can buy, anywhere," said Pinellas County GOP chairman Tony DiMatteo, a Rudy Giuliani supporter. Giuliani received 39 votes, followed by Mike Huckabee's 37 and Fred Thompson's 21. John McCain had 12; Duncan Hunter, 4, Alan Keyes, 2; and Tom Tancredo, 1.

Romney takes a hit

Mitt Romney played in an organized flag football game at Flora Wylie Park in St. Petersburg with his five sons, staffers, supporters and the media.

Romney laced up his Mizuno running shoes and played for 10 to 15 minutes. Teammates included former state Republican chairman Al Cardenas and St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Baker. They all got pretty sweaty.

"My son Matt tackled me," Romney said. "But fortunately he didn't throw me to the ground and make me eat grass."

McCain meets teens

Sen. John McCain greeted supporters at the Parkshore Grill in St. Petersburg before the debate. A good portion of the crowd included high school students invited by the McCain campaign.

Devin Watson, a junior at Northside Christian School, said she became aware of McCain when she saw him as a guest on The Daily Show.

Kevin Burkett, a sophomore at Northside, said he likes McCain's "prowar stance" and the fact that he's a veteran.

"I think it's cowardly to cut and run," Burkett said.

McCain told the teenagers that if they don't like the way the country's run they should become politically active.

Rally stays peaceful

A mishmash of activists gathered in St. Petersburg's Pioneer Park, calling for political change and participating in a straw poll. The crowd included members of 30 organizations, including the Democratic Party from Pinellas, Pasco and Hillsborough counties, Veterans for Peace, the Florida Green Party, the Libertarian Club of Pinellas and the South St. Petersburg Democratic Club.

So who won? Ron Paul, whose supporters arrived in buses, crushed the field. He took 240 of the 322 votes cast. Dennis Kucinich was the closest competitor, at 26.

Down the street, more than 100 homeless men and women and their supporters rallied across from the Mahaffey Theater. Later, nearly 400 people marched down First Street S carrying placards with messages such as "Jesus was homeless, too" and "Ron Paul is my homie."

The homeless and their advocates, who had been rallying outside the Mahaffey since Sunday night, had predicted a showdown with police. But that confrontation never materialized.

Instant gratification department

According to a survey of Republican voters who watched last night's CNN/YouTube debate, the winner was ... Mike Huckabee.

The InsiderAdvantage/Majority Opinion Research/Florida Chamber of Commerce survey, in which voters participated by calling into a toll-free phone line, gathered opinions from 341 GOP voters. The margin of error is 5.25 percent. Here are the results:

Huckabee: 44%; Giuliani: 18%; Romney: 13%; McCain: 10%; Thompson: 5%; Paul: 4%; Tancredo: 1%; no winner: 5%

DNC cancels debate

The Democratic National Committee has canceled a Dec. 10 presidential debate in Los Angeles because of a potential strike by CBS news writers.

The debate, which was to be televised by CBS, faced uncertainty after the network's news writers voted to authorize the Writers Guild of America to call a strike. After that vote, the major Democratic presidential contenders announced they would not participate in the debate if the labor dispute was not resolved.

Times staff writers Jennifer Liberto, Cristina Silva and Janet Zink contributed to this report, which includes information from the Associated Press

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/29/Worldandnation/St_Petersburg_straw_p.shtml

RPFTW!
11-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Wow, Romney is the definition of a politician, he's the Republican John Edwards. I hope this story goes viral.

RobertJ
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Why isnt the media reporting this criminal behavior?

Channing
12-01-2007, 03:04 AM
Why isnt the media reporting this criminal behavior?

Because the "media" is so totally in the pockets of the Big Interests.
Haven't you noticed that yet?

nwfla4ronpaul
12-01-2007, 10:05 AM
I was there at the straw poll. I would say there were at most 40 Romney people there. I know one of the members from my meetup group found one women voting for Romney 80 times! The Romney people didn't like us too much from what I could tell and we sure didn't care for them after we found out about the voting.
Also the Paul Campaign did not bus supporters in, that was organized and done by the grassroots from around the State. Personally the Shuttle bus I came on was from Pensacola. I wish the paper would get the facts straight.

Mom4Ron
12-01-2007, 10:16 AM
You know... everyone was so fond of this http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u188/natparry/iraq-vote.jpg , It's a wonder that we don't do something similar for our polls and elections. It could even be color coded by candidate, if the person wanted a color, I guess there'd have to be a generic 'I voted but I don't want you to know for whom' color.

ronpaulNH
12-01-2007, 10:25 AM
something should be done about this and brought to the attention of the media. we will win and that is why all of this is happening....from be compared to hitler to a media blackout.