PDA

View Full Version : We Are Change Colorado Presents Adam Kokesh: Freedom

torchbearer
02-12-2014, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQH6jthNGvs

On Sunday February 9th 2014, freedom activist and Iraq war veteran Adam Kokesh stopped by the We Are Change Colorado Community Center in Lakewood Colorado. Adam discussed his recent incarceration due to a civil disobedience 2nd Amendment action, he talked about what he learned about people and himself in jail. Adam also spoke about the future, for all of us, and a new turn the Revolution is taking. Also Wayne Walton spoke to the group about the Hours alternative currency and his plan for a Jubilee.

For more please visit these web sites.

We Are Change Colorado:
http://wearechangecolorado.org/

jbauer
02-12-2014, 02:53 PM
playing in the background. if you want to see Adam skip the first 18 minutes. Good to see Adam laugh about what happened and frankly looks great. Glad he's back.

Christian Liberty
02-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I didn't watch the whole thing, but why do they introduce him as an "Iraq War Veteran"? I'm pretty sure that's not something Adam's proud of, so why do they do that?

torchbearer
02-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I didn't watch the whole thing, but why do they introduce him as an "Iraq War Veteran"? I'm pretty sure that's not something Adam's proud of, so why do they do that?

He talks about his time in Iraq, he talked about torturing people there.. and how it took him a long time to even admit that to himself.
the whole video is worth watching. even the religious guy in the beginning was interesting.

Anti Federalist
02-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Good for him.

Christian Liberty
02-12-2014, 03:42 PM
He talks about his time in Iraq, he talked about torturing people there.. and how it took him a long time to even admit that to himself.
the whole video is worth watching. even the religious guy in the beginning was interesting.
OK, that makes sense, will watch at some point. I wasn't trying to create a troop-bashing thread here, was just curious how it was relevant. I guess it was.

phill4paul
02-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Mindset of vets. Veterans, whether they agree with or disagree with what they did, tend to take another vets message over a civilians. Ex-vets, particularly combat vets, tend to have a voice that can't be just dismissed as not having "experienced" a situation. It is what it is.

Christian Liberty
02-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Mindset of vets. Veterans, whether they agree with or disagree with what they did, tend to take another vets message over a civilians. Ex-vets, particularly combat vets, tend to have a voice that can't be just dismissed as not having "experienced" a situation. It is what it is.

That makes sense.

Danke
02-12-2014, 03:48 PM

Especially with a Republican audience, from my experience.

youngbuck
02-12-2014, 04:22 PM
15 mins into Adam's talk, so far pretty interesting.

torchbearer
02-13-2014, 09:50 AM
bump for thursday daytime tv enjoyment

Travlyr
02-13-2014, 11:15 AM
This is encouraging.