PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on?!

Apostle_areyou?
02-12-2014, 03:27 AM
If the people have the will to scrounge for the bare minimum while the upper class is reaping all of the middle and lower classes benefits, what should the people begin to believe; that our own government is plotting against us?
Has this renowned country fallen to its own leaders?!
Who is to say that the people don't have all the power?!?
We pay the taxes! We put our well earned livings right back into the devils corrupt finger tips!!
Something needs to happen NOW, we can't keep waiting, this Is getting way out of control too fast.

Unregistered
03-17-2014, 09:39 PM
"Who is to say that the people don't have all the power?!?
We pay the taxes!"

Perhaps the reason that your topic has had 'no replies" thus far, is b/c it is not only effective, but logical?

I have no idea, it is just a guess.

My bet is that it is inevitable that "some day" the majority of people will realize that they are "feeding" upon THEMSELVES. Hell, if you want it spelled out in a metaphorical way for ya--- watch ANY "zombie show"

It will then be upon "the majority" to influence "the mob". THAT, imo, will be "the turning point"- iow, it won't be this "new age hippie" bs, it will be quite "different".

Unregistered
03-17-2014, 10:08 PM
... Not to say that topics HERE are not "effective" or "logical", just that it seems that most of the "effective" and "logical" solutions these days seem to be OUTLAWED. You'll notice that Ron Paul cautions against tax protest giving the logical explanation/reasoning- "they have the guns". It's absolutely wise, sound and compassionate advice.

Here is the LOGIC though- pretty soon they will run out of other peoples' money. THAT is when we will see the "zombie effect" IMO. The law abiding citizens will just be caught in the middle.
Pick a "side"?
NO. I REFUSE.

pcosmar
03-18-2014, 07:56 PM
What the hell is going on?!

The beginnings of sorrows.

ClydeCoulter
03-18-2014, 08:21 PM
... Not to say that topics HERE are not "effective" or "logical", just that it seems that most of the "effective" and "logical" solutions these days seem to be OUTLAWED. You'll notice that Ron Paul cautions against tax protest giving the logical explanation/reasoning- "they have the guns". It's absolutely wise, sound and compassionate advice.

Here is the LOGIC though- pretty soon they will run out of other peoples' money. THAT is when we will see the "zombie effect" IMO. The law abiding citizens will just be caught in the middle.
Pick a "side"?
NO. I REFUSE.

They won't run out of money. They just print it, and then come after the little people to pay the interest. That's why were are 17 trillion in debt.

VIDEODROME
03-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Well... I'll toss out my solution. Drop the Income Tax. Flip our tax system around and create a Progressive Consumption Tax. Have an exemption for low income families of course.

The proposal I've heard comes from Robert H. Frank. I've thought about it a lot, and I think he makes some good points. I think we're caught up in excessive competition in every area of this country. We see signs of it when parents clobber eachother at Little League games or when shoppers stamped Walmart and Best Buy on Black Friday. Less obvious to us are the different ways the Rich try to one up each other with multiple houses, cars, and yachts. It feels like we're all competing for status relative to each other.

Even Frank agrees that government micro-managing individual sectors of the economy usually fails. He basically feels a steeply progressive tax on consumption would put the breaks on this kind of behavior, but still allow us all to compete freely.

The article explains this better than my short summary, but it seems sensible to me: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/business/darwin-the-market-whiz.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Unregistered
03-20-2014, 08:55 PM
The sales tax is much easier to avoid than the income tax. One is a choice, the other, SHOULDN'T be a choice- but it IS... People are "smarter" than we give them credit for sometimes- it is basically human instinct to attain money- what happens is that the "lessor evolved" are getting money "any which way but loose". This is true with the richest of the rich, and the poorest of the poor. It is sad, and I do understand what the people who seek to "get rid of money" desire. I don't think it is possible, but I can completely empathize with them.

Unregistered
03-20-2014, 09:07 PM
They won't run out of money. They just print it, and then come after the little people to pay the interest. That's why were are 17 trillion in debt.

I am not sure how to reply to this- but the more they print, the less the little people will be able to pay. It WILL "run out". See Argentina. Or read the book "Economics in One Easy Step".
Part of the entire problem is the fantasy that it won't come crashing down (ON US).

ClydeCoulter
03-20-2014, 09:09 PM
I disagree that MONEY is what people seek by nature. That is what they seek because it seems to be the only way to achieve what would have been achievable prior to it and has been replaced by it. Money, money, money, you can't eat it, sleep by the warmth of it, have sex with it or reproduce with it. But it does answer questions that have been introduced by it.

The entire concept of money has destroyed the concept of worth/wealth. Money is in lieu of. It is instead of. Can be made to mean anything, whereas it should only be the value of that which exists, but is not, anymore.

Unregistered
03-20-2014, 09:13 PM
I disagree that MONEY is what people seek by nature. That is what they seek because it seems to be the only way to achieve what would have been achievable prior to it and has been replaced by it. Money, money, money, you can't eat it, sleep by the warmth of it, have sex with it or reproduce with it. But it does answer questions that have been introduced by it.

The entire concept of money has destroyed the concept of worth/wealth. Money is in lieu of. It is instead of. Can be made to mean anything, whereas it should only be the value of that which exists, but is not, anymore.

I agree w/ you. Replace the word "money" with "currency" or "trade" or whatever. Personally, I have to much PRIDE to "take" things for "free". whatever that trade should be in my own mind will always exist.