PDA

View Full Version : Who are more humane to Dogs, the Taliban or US police? --Taliban Capture Military Dog Alive

nbruno322
02-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Sort of remarkable considering all of the times US police officers casually shoot nonthreatening dogs.

"This ain’t no scrap-eating, junkyard dog.

The NATO military dog captured by the Taliban in a fierce firefight won’t eat the gruel that local Afghan mutts wolf down.

So his captors have had to cook up a human diet of chicken and beef kebabs for the reddish-brown Belgian Malinois, the terror group said Friday.

And unlike local dogs who will sleep anywhere, the Taliban had to find blankets for their prized catch.

The pooch has been named DaGarwal — meaning “colonel” in the Pashto language — and his new owners are thinking about turning him against his former masters.

“It’s always possible that we could use the dog, since it has been trained,” said Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid.
Or they might work out an exchange of POWs. “If someone offers a trade for it then we can think about that,” Mujahid said.
The dog went missing after a Dec. 23 bid by coalition forces to drive the insurgents out of Alingar Valley in Afghanistan’s eastern Laghman province.

But his plight became public on Thursday when the Taliban posted a propaganda video on Twitter showing the mournful-looking Malinois surrounded by five fighters carrying guns and grenades.

They said he was known as “Colonel” to his NATO handlers.
Tribesmen in Alingar Valley told Britain’s Telegraph newspaper that the dog was being held by a notoriously brutal Taliban commander who used the nom de guerre Abu Zarqawi, just like the name of the bloodthirsty al-Qaeda leader killed by a US bombing in 2006.

But the Taliban indicated the dog was being treated like a real colonel.

Mujahid said by telephone that the dog is being held in a “safe place” in Laghman and his condition was “OK.”
“He was not injured and is not being mistreated,” he said.
“It is not like the local dogs which will eat anything and sleep anywhere,” he added. “We have to prepare him proper food and make sure he has somewhere to sleep properly.”

http://nypost.com/2014/02/07/taliban-prisoner-military-dog-demanding-best-food-bedding/

Natural Citizen
02-07-2014, 11:57 PM
I hope this is BS. How the heck do you lose your dog? Especially a service animal.

CPUd
02-08-2014, 01:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8jy2RaR.jpg

TomtheTinker
02-08-2014, 03:50 AM
I will be honest..I know all the wrong that has been done to dogs and their family's by law enforcement and am totally against many of the "laws" that the police are instructed to enforce.

BUT I was just involved in a life changing situation..details will have to wait. But the police were really GREAT to my dog and no matter the disagreements I have and the personal violations that I dealt with..I do appreciate the respect that was shown to my dog. that's just the truth, I wouldn't say it otherwise.

asurfaholic
02-08-2014, 05:47 AM
I will be honest..I know all the wrong that has been done to dogs and their family's by law enforcement and am totally against many of the "laws" that the police are instructed to enforce.

BUT I was just involved in a life changing situation..details will have to wait. But the police were really GREAT to my dog and no matter the disagreements I have and the personal violations that I dealt with..I do appreciate the respect that was shown to my dog. that's just the truth, I wouldn't say it otherwise.

I've had good experiences as well. At a local level, being well known and respected has its benefits. Every police story is not gloom and doom. Glad to hear yours was good.

nbruno322
02-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Contrast the Taliban to these US police....

VIDEO: COP SHOOTS & KILLS SERVICE DOG DURING CHILD’S BIRTHDAY PARTY

http://benswann.com/video-cop-shoots-kills-service-dog-dead-during-childs-birthday-party/

Philhelm
02-11-2014, 09:51 AM
That's better than we treat human prisoners...