PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan has transphobia? Janet Mock, "I was born a baby, was assigned male."

aGameOfThrones
02-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Transgender advocate Janet Mock returned to CNN’s “Piers Morgan Live” on Wednesday to defend tweets she sent on Tuesday night that criticized the show for “sensationalizing” her story and prompted hundreds of followers to accuse host Piers Morgan of transphobia.

At the start of the contentious segment (watch the full interview below), Morgan said that he invited Mock for her to explain why he’d had “an infuriating 24 hours” since the Tuesday interview ran.

“Well I’m sorry that you feel offended,” Mock said. “I think people in the trans community feel equally as offended.”

Mock took issue with the fact that Morgan constantly discussed her pre-transition gender and that the show’s lower-third read, “Was a boy until 18,” through most of the interview. Mock, who went on the show to promote her new memoir detailing life as a trans woman, said dwelling on her past and transition distracted from the serious issues the transgender community currently faces.

Morgan said he didn’t want the exchange to be a “hostile interview” because he respected Mock, but asked why an article in Marie Claire magazine that Mock supposedly approved contained language where she, like Morgan’s show, said she was born a boy. He repeatedly asked why it was so offensive to just say that Mock was physically a boy before undergoing gender reassignment surgery, while being respectful of her advocacy and experiences.

“Being offensive and being kind are not mutually exclusive things. I think that we can be completely – have great intentions and be good people, but also be ignorant and have a lack of understanding of these issues,” she said.

“Our exchange was completely fine, but when you package something with the headline, ‘Until 18 was a boy,’ and also say, ‘Formerly a man’ … that is false advertising, and that is infotainment,” Mock added, saying that the issue of gender identity is too nuanced to communicate in such a short space.

Video here: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/piers-morgan-transgender-guest-janet-mock-heated-exchange-144344803.html

RonPaulFanInGA
02-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I love how progressives called themselves a "reality-based community" during Bush's presidency, but apparently think one can choose their gender by "identifying" as whatever. Yeah, that's not the way life works. I'm sure plenty of others would love to "identify" as smarter, taller, a different race or whatever.

Tywysog Cymru
02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I identify as a proffesional basketball player, but the NBA doesn't believe me. I'm offended.

aGameOfThrones
02-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I identify as a proffesional basketball player, but the NBA doesn't believe me. I'm offended.

That's because you were assigned 90' knicks

PaulConventionWV
02-07-2014, 05:04 PM
This whole country has gone completely insane. We've got transgenders on TV arguing about the semantics of whether they should be called a boy or a girl before they had their sex change. Is it just me or does anyone else see the dysphoria in this kind of thing? We're so distracted by the weird and wacky that it seems like it's all we focus on. That's not to mention all of the madness over gun control and pictures of guns and whatnot. It just makes you think that we may have literally gone completely insane as a nation. Why does anyone care what you call a transgender before he/she/it is a transgender? Don't we have more pressing matters?

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Piers has transphobia and he's a racist too! ;)

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/janet-mock-3-460x304.jpg

aGameOfThrones
02-07-2014, 05:07 PM
This whole country has gone completely insane. We've got transgenders on TV arguing about the semantics of whether they should be called a boy or a girl before they had their sex change. Is it just me or does anyone else see the dysphoria in this kind of thing? We're so distracted by the weird and wacky that it seems like it's all we focus on. That's not to mention all of the madness over gun control and pictures of guns and whatnot. It just makes you think that we may have literally gone completely insane as a nation. Why does anyone care what you call a transgender before he/she/it is a transgender? Don't we have more pressing matters?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Wn-xS06E09Q/UnAMnXYMjKI/AAAAAAAAVc0/iL5vQD1N8SI/s1600/Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

Occam's Banana
02-07-2014, 06:02 PM
So ... two self-absorbed jerks, and each is trying to out-righteous the other ... they deserve one another ...

Seraphim
02-07-2014, 06:05 PM
---> has a penis until 18

---> is not a boy

right... :rolleyes:

MelissaWV
02-07-2014, 06:10 PM
I was born a baby, too :(

RonPaulFanInGA
02-07-2014, 06:17 PM
---> has a penis until 18

---> is not a boy

right... :rolleyes:

When will Democrats stop their War on Biology? :rolleyes:

parocks
02-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Crazy

parocks
02-07-2014, 06:20 PM

War on Science. Democrats are anti Science.

paulbot24
02-07-2014, 06:20 PM
First thing I did after I was born? Cried and then sought comfort from my mommy. Yep. Born a baby too. Come to think of it, sounds like I might have been born a liberal!

Origanalist
02-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I was born a baby, too :(

Life just isn't fair.

Nirvikalpa
02-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry, but anytime Piers creates a shitstorm I welcome it with open arms. Now his own cult is turning on him. I find it hilarious, regardless of the topic.

Smart3
02-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Trans people are just jealous of Gay people. They want to be able to redefine EVERYTHING too.

The only person that can tell us what Janet Mock is, is Janet Mock. If Janet Mock thinks that 'she' was not previously a he, then that's her own perspective.

juleswin
02-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Wow, talk about biting the hand that supports you. Also shouldn't she be offended that her male partner considers himself to be a gay man?

aGameOfThrones
02-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Wow, talk about biting the hand that supports you. Also shouldn't she be offended that her male partner considers himself to be a gay man?

This is what I don't get, he likes women, but not the ones who were actually born women.

VIDEODROME
02-07-2014, 06:48 PM
http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF037-Bear_Boy.gif

kahless
02-07-2014, 06:52 PM

You cannot put on the TV without hearing this constant fixation on homosexuality, race relations and deviant sexual behavior. Every program also cannot go a minute without a Progressive lecture that mocks Conservatives, Libertarians and anyone of faith or traditional values.

If they cannot get it into the program they get it into the commercials. Today was a rare occasion where I tried to tolerate watching TV, a couple of good shows like Bonanza and Andy Griffith on TV Land. During those few hours I was shown literally about 20 times a promo for some idiotic new show where Norm from Cheers comes out as a homosexual with some other dude in a bathrobe. This was followed with some other stupid promos of sexual innuendo about 20x also.

I am no prude or bigot and actually like the actors in those promos, but the saturation level of this crap is ridiculous so I find myself unable to watch TV most of the time. I find Progressive culture vulgar, infuriating and unfortunately dominating modern day American culture.

Origanalist
02-07-2014, 06:54 PM
You cannot put on the TV without hearing this constant fixation on homosexuality, race relations and deviant sexual behavior. Every program also cannot go a minute without a Progressive lecture that mocks Conservatives, Libertarians and anyone of faith or traditional values.

If they cannot get it into the program they get it into the commercials. Today was a rare occasion where I tried to tolerate watching TV, a couple of good shows like Bonanza and Andy Griffith on TV Land. During those few hours I was shown literally about 20 times a promo for some idiotic new show where Norm from Cheers comes out as a homosexual with some other dude in a bathrobe. This was followed with some other stupid promos of sexual innuendo about 20x also.

I am no prude or bigot and actually like the actors in those promos, but the saturation level of this crap is ridiculous so I find myself unable to watch TV most of the time. I find Progressive culture vulgar, infuriating and unfortunately dominating modern day American culture.

Netflix.

angelatc
02-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Trans people are just jealous of Gay people. They want to be able to redefine EVERYTHING too.

The only person that can tell us what Janet Mock is, is Janet Mock. If Janet Mock thinks that 'she' was not previously a he, then that's her own perspective.

Uh, no. If he was born with a penis, he was a boy.

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2014, 07:09 PM
You cannot put on the TV without hearing this constant fixation on homosexuality, race relations and deviant sexual behavior.

The TV or this forum? ;)

MelissaWV
02-07-2014, 07:14 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/could-be-anything-snail.jpg

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
I use the "duck rule" in these situations. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, I'll call it a duck.

The tougher question is what to call Rachel Maddow. Is she a cross-dresser, or is he a man? Is facial hair the deciding factor? If Rachel Maddow can dress in men's clothes, can Lindsey Graham wear an evening gown to the next State of the Union? These are the important questions that must be answered.

Feeding the Abscess
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry, but anytime Piers creates a shitstorm I welcome it with open arms. Now his own cult is turning on him. I find it hilarious, regardless of the topic.

A cult of what, 3?

VIDEODROME
02-07-2014, 07:28 PM
TV is vulgar?

noway

kahless
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
The TV or this forum? ;)

If this forum reflected TV there would only be 5 threads beating those same subjects to death.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-08-2014, 11:41 AM
If this forum reflected TV there would only be 5 threads beating those same subjects to death.

9/11 trutherism, abortion, gay marriage, IP, death penalty. :eek:

Paulbot99
02-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Wow. I never thought I'd feel sympathy for Piers Morgan.

pcosmar
02-08-2014, 12:25 PM

Democrats? I don't think it is politically specific.

What about when some Doctor decides a gender,, and decides wrong?

Carolina Infant's Mistaken Sex Assignment Surgery More Than a Case of Malpractice
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erica-k-landau/carolina-infants-mistaken-sex-assignment-surgery-more-than-a-case-of-malpractice_b_3369340.html

http://www.isna.org/articles/ambivalent_medicine
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1281452/

Not all that simple..
And I wonder if it happens a lot more often than is reported.

Brian4Liberty
02-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Wow. I never thought I'd feel sympathy for Piers Morgan.

No need for that. Morgan brought her on to create controversy, and to hopefully generate a response from someone on the right that he could exploit, and scream "look at the evil right-wing extremists!" It backfired on him. He is pathetic.

http://ingat.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/grumpy-cat-goodhow-not-to-date-a-human-being-0velwlua.jpg

Smart3
02-09-2014, 02:31 PM

1 in 40,000 men are born with internal female reproductive organs (usually ovaries), does that make them less of men to you?

Additionally, there are people who are born without genitalia:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/health/jacqui-beck-was-born-with-no-vagina-cant-have-sex-or-babies/story-fni0diac-1226761028957

and what do you do with intersex people?

RonPaulFanInGA
02-09-2014, 02:32 PM
1 in 40,000 men are born with internal female reproductive organs (usually ovaries), does that make them less of men to you?

What's your take on the person that's born a man, but demands everyone call him a woman because he "identifies" as one?

The AP, ABC News, etc. are calling Bradley Manning a "she" in their articles, and that's horse sh**.

Petar
02-09-2014, 02:34 PM

Additionally, there are people who are born without genitalia:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/health/jacqui-beck-was-born-with-no-vagina-cant-have-sex-or-babies/story-fni0diac-1226761028957

I feel really really bad for people who are actually born with such burdens, but the rest of these folks are just idiots.

LibertyEagle
02-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Mock added, saying that the issue of gender identity is too nuanced to communicate in such a short space.

Oh sweet jesus. Our country has gone over the cliff, kowtowing to freaks and perverts. :rolleyes:

James Madison
02-09-2014, 02:55 PM
What's your take on the person that's born a man, but demands everyone call him a woman because he "identifies" as one?

The AP, ABC News, etc. are calling Bradley Manning a "she" in their articles, and that's horse sh**.

I have racial identity disorder, so I'm eligible for Affirmative Action, right?

I also have Personal Aesthetic Identity Disorder, and I demand everyone view we as an Adonis.

Tywysog Cymru
02-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Its not worth trying to understand transgender stuff. There's literally no possible way of not offending them.

pcosmar
02-09-2014, 03:26 PM

Nip and tuck.(arbitrary decision by the attending physician)
Often done without the parents knowledge or consent.

I wonder how much it actually happens as opposed to how often it is reported.

I also wonder how often they choose wrong. (That would explain some confused children)

HOLLYWOOD
02-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Comical News Network

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6303383319.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpghttp://rasica.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/janet-napolitano-pat.jpg

Smart3
02-09-2014, 03:59 PM

I refer to Bradley Manning as Chelsea Manning. He had wanted to transition before the leak. Names do not have to have genders. Sam can refer to a man or woman.

It's basically roleplaying that includes hormones and body modification. Except, there's a biological/neurological component driving the process. It's not entirely a choice.

I feel really really bad for people who are actually born with such burdens, but the rest of these folks are just idiots.
Ok, so they are idiots. However, would you know Janet Mock was a transwoman if Janet hadn't told you? It'd take me a rather long time.

and some transwomen are even more easily disguised. Transmen have it easier I reckon, as testerone does most of the work.

Nip and tuck.(arbitrary decision by the attending physician)
Often done without the parents knowledge or consent.

I wonder how much it actually happens as opposed to how often it is reported.

I also wonder how often they choose wrong. (That would explain some confused children)
How do you nip and tuck an intersex baby if you can't even figure out if it is XY or XX?

Petar
02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
I refer to Bradley Manning as Chelsea Manning. He had wanted to transition before the leak. Names do not have to have genders. Sam can refer to a man or woman.

It's basically roleplaying that includes hormones and body modification. Except, there's a biological/neurological component driving the process. It's not entirely a choice.

Stupid IS as stupid DOES.

Danke
02-09-2014, 04:08 PM

I was born with a penis (huge I might add), but I'm a lesbian.

juleswin
02-09-2014, 04:13 PM
crap

Petar
02-09-2014, 04:24 PM
I was born with a penis (huge I might add), but I'm a lesbian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPTXVqETBM4

pcosmar
02-09-2014, 04:58 PM
How do you nip and tuck an intersex baby if you can't even figure out if it is XY or XX?

Well I don't. And I wouldn't.

but Doctors do.. and they make an arbitrary choice,, to make it either male or female.

Read some on Intrasex gender assignment. It happens,, and it happens enough that mistakes are made.

Smart3
02-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Well I don't. And I wouldn't.

but Doctors do.. and they make an arbitrary choice,, to make it either male or female.

Read some on Intrasex gender assignment. It happens,, and it happens enough that mistakes are made.

Right and I'm for making that illegal. Parents have no right to make that decision.

Brian4Liberty
02-09-2014, 06:27 PM

It was standard procedure for many years to cut off everything and make the baby a girl if there was any ambiguity or "accidents". This policy was adopted on the basis of the untested (and false) hypothesis that gender is 100% learned. They were horribly wrong.

LibForestPaul
02-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Unfortunately, laws require an answer to M/F. Money is involved, sexism is involved, courts are involved. Depending on which is circled, depends on what privileges the state grates you, and what privileges the state takes away from others.

Dianne
02-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I can't even believe there is a thread concerning anything Pier's says ... F***k Piers... send his ass to wherever he came from... take Obozo with him ... Piers ratings are minus 2 .. Why is anyone worried about anything he has to say ???? He is a moot point.