PDA

View Full Version : [Offer Ended] RPF member to match donations for next 24hrs!

skfornh
02-07-2014, 04:03 PM
and I'll match donations, in the next 24 hours, up to another $150...

Stoked to see Shem putting his experience to work...

Go Shem!
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?442644-My-Campaign-Plan&p=5407890&viewfull=1#post5407890)

please help me fight the good fight, guys!

http://www.shemkellogg.com/donate/

jurgs01
02-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Do you plan on expanding the issues section of your website?

skfornh
02-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks. I have no immediate plans to expand the issues page, other than adding a photo. Advice from liberty incumbents is that the only people who read your website are your opponents. Interesting, I received this advice at separate candidate training events hosted by Mark and Laura, at a Campaign for Liberty training I attended with JR, and when I was campaigning for a liberty state senate candidate with Tim. These incumbents are all listed on your State Liberty Candidates site. [I’ve never met Guy or Kathleen]

New Hampshire state reps races are generally so small that candidates do not have websites. In fact, none of my incumbents do. In NH, state rep races are mostly won by knocking doors and shaking hands.

But as small as these races are, we host the first-in-the-nation primary, so our state reps have the unique opportunity to influence the presidential primary. By contributing to me you can indirectly improve some liberty candidate's chances of winning NH in 2016.

jurgs01
02-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks. I have no immediate plans to expand the issues page, other than adding a photo. Advice from liberty incumbents is that the only people who read your website are your opponents. Interesting, I received this advice at separate candidate training events hosted by Mark and Laura, at a Campaign for Liberty training I attended with JR, and when I was campaigning for a liberty state senate candidate with Tim. These incumbents are all listed on your State Liberty Candidates site. [I’ve never met Guy or Kathleen]

New Hampshire state reps races are generally so small that candidates do not have websites. In fact, none of my incumbents do. In NH, state rep races are mostly won by knocking doors and shaking hands.

But as small as these races are, we host the first-in-the-nation primary, so our state reps have the unique opportunity to influence the presidential primary. By contributing to me you can indirectly improve some liberty candidate's chances of winning NH in 2016.

Okay. I understand the tactics, but if you are calling for donations from people on here then presumably we (or at least I, before I give money and support) would like to know what you stand for. Some people on here may know you, but a lot don't.

Bryan
02-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Okay. I understand the tactics, but if you are calling for donations from people on here then presumably we (or at least I, before I give money and support) would like to know what you stand for. Some people on here may know you, but a lot don't.

This is a good question, and RPFs now has a solution. Rather than having to explain and debate all the issues in various threads we now have consolidated those discussion to one thread for each candidate, for Shem, you can find his campaign evaluation here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?437263-Campaign-Evaluation-Shem-Kellogg-%28State-House-NH%29

Hope this helps!

... and bump for donations! :)

jurgs01
02-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Overlooked that he had a candidate evaluation thread. I check it daily, so I must be losing my attention to detail. Thanks for pointing it out!

ronpaulhawaii
02-07-2014, 07:55 PM
No takers yet?

mosquitobite
02-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Hi mosquitobite

Thank you for donating $20.14 to Shem Kellogg, GOP candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives.

Bryan
02-07-2014, 08:10 PM
No takers yet?
I just got in with my donation, but I'll let others take the chance to double first. :)

+1 admin rep for all donors!! :D

Anti Federalist
02-07-2014, 08:32 PM
I'll do the same thing, once I get home and can manage it.

Go Shem.

MelissaWV
02-07-2014, 08:40 PM
I put in $20.14. Your "Other" button is not working, and there are a few things keeping me from donating more right now.

Hi MELISSA,

Thank you for donating $20.14 to Shem Kellogg, GOP candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives.

Bryan
02-07-2014, 08:44 PM
I put in $20.14. Your "Other" button is not working, and there are a few things keeping me from donating more right now.

I used the other button, so it worked for me. Using Firefox. I think that is a Rally.org thing anyway...

Ah, and +rep. :)

skfornh
02-07-2014, 09:04 PM
btw got this one too

Email: jurgs01@▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.com
Donation Amount: $25.00
Date Received: 02-07-2014 05:34 PM PST

who must be

Overlooked that he had a candidate evaluation thread. I check it daily, so I must be losing my attention to detail. Thanks for pointing it out!

KCIndy
02-07-2014, 09:07 PM
please help me fight the good fight, guys!

http://www.shemkellogg.com/donate/

Shem, are you only accepting donations via Bitcoin or check/PM right now? No PayPal or credit card options?

skfornh
02-07-2014, 09:17 PM
https://rally.org/skfonh accepts credit / debit

you aren't the first one to miss the contribute button on my website

KCIndy
02-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Donation Made To: Shem Kellogg, GOP candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives
Amount: $20.14
Made On: Friday, February 07, 2014

Count me in! :)

But - no offense - that Rally.org site seems really clunky and counter intuitive to me. I actually did notice the "contribute" button earlier, but when I clicked on it, I was taken to a page that looked like the same page I was on before. Having now gone through the entire process, I can't say I'm impressed. Seemed like the process was "click on a button/click on a button/click on a button/ and then I had to fill out my donor info over the course of five or six tiny popup pages.

Why not just set up a PayPal donation link?

skfornh
02-07-2014, 10:07 PM
No offense taken. I honestly didn't give much thought to choosing Rally.

It grew out of Piryx and first in the 2012 “Campaigns & Elections” awards for fundraising tools: http://www.campaignsandelections.com/awards/reed-awards/2012/political-technology/best-online-fundraising-tool/

I understand that it skims a little off the top of each contribution but supposedly less than the competition: https://rally.org/corp/online-fundraising#start

Maybe I'm not integrating it correctly?

some discussion on it here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?443122-My-campaign-finances

malkusm
02-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Donation Made To: Shem Kellogg, GOP candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives
Made On: Friday, February 07, 2014

fr33
02-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi Justin,

This donation will appear as "Rally" on your bank or credit card statement.

skfornh
02-08-2014, 09:29 AM
thanks guys! have until 2PM EST? 3.5 more hours?

ronpaulhawaii
02-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Hmmm... Looks like we are close to my $150 cap. And still another hour or two to go...

I'll sweeten the pot by raising my cap to $200

Go Grassroots

Travlyr
02-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Made On: Saturday, February 08, 2014

FSP-Rebel
02-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Just for starters

skfornh
02-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Awesome. Thanks guys!

ronpaulhawaii
02-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Some have time to give, but little money, others have money to give, but little time, (and a few have neither, or both...)

Stoked to help. Thanks to all who multiplied the donation :D

Hi Michael,

Thank you for donating $200.00 to Shem Kellogg, GOP candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives.

Bryan
02-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Nice all! Good thing I can give out lots of rep. :)

Bryan
02-08-2014, 01:45 PM
https://rally.org/skfonh accepts credit / debit

you aren't the first one to miss the contribute button on my website

I think on this page: http://www.shemkellogg.com/donate/

You should have it more like:

To donate by Credit Card, Debit Card or eCheck:
[ Contribute on Rally ] (button)

For Checks and precious metals, mail to:
Shem Kellogg
48 Westville Road Unit 4-2
Plaistow, NH 03865

For Bitcoin:
[Bitcoin donate icon] (and have that go to a different bitcoin donation page.)

This would make all the options very clear and simple IMO.

heavenlyboy34
02-08-2014, 04:36 PM
This thread reminds me of an NPR fund drive. :D

KCIndy
02-09-2014, 12:14 AM

I've never given to an NPR drive.

I try to save all my money for liberty candidates! ;)

skfornh
02-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I think on this page: http://www.shemkellogg.com/donate/

You should have it more like:

To donate by Credit Card, Debit Card or eCheck:
[ Contribute on Rally ] (button)

Shem Kellogg
Plaistow, NH 03865

For Bitcoin:
[Bitcoin donate icon] (and have that go to a different bitcoin donation page.)

This would make all the options very clear and simple IMO.

agreed. with ask webmaster to change

hey, worked well for me!

Natural Citizen
02-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I'd rather just send you a check or something. There's just no way I want random dolts hanging out on RPF to know who I am or what I do as a result of a donation being plastered all over your web site. I've seen some of their skullduggery. It's just not worth it to me.

Danke
02-09-2014, 04:00 PM
I'd rather just send you a check or something. There's just no way I want random dolts hanging out on RPF to know who I am or what I do. I've seen some of their skullduggery. It's just not worth it to me.

umm:

Shem Kellogg
Plaistow, NH 03865

Natural Citizen
02-09-2014, 04:03 PM
umm:

Shem Kellogg
Plaistow, NH 03865

Yes, I know. Which is why I said what I said. Come on, Danke. Geez.

Danke
02-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes, I know. Which is why I said what I said. Come on, Danke. Geez.

Don't understand your post then.

Natural Citizen
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Don't understand your post then.

So that he knows that I support his pathway even if he doesn't see an immediate electronic transaction. I don't support some candidates who claim to fight the good fight but really do not. Today, not many political people really have much desire to change the course of history itself but instead seek to hurry up and just get elected and then exist from within existing political infrastructure while contributing to it's corrupt model even further. But I have followed what those folks are trying to do up there. And I support it.

So...knock it off.

skfornh
02-10-2014, 12:44 AM
ok thanks for the thread bump you two but i should have a mod edit thread title to say that the offer has ended.