PDA

View Full Version : contact Becks advertizers again?

Petar
11-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Let's contact Glen Becks advertisers once more, and let them know that Glen beck is severely alienating us still by not including Ron Paul in his online poll. If we make enough of a fuss, then maybe the whole affair will reach the mainstream media.

jd603
11-30-2007, 01:24 AM
NO. Beck offered him to come on his show, give him time.

If he does a hatchetjob on Ron during the interview, WE ATTACK!! :)

Chester Copperpot
I think glen has had enough.. His latest plea seemed sincere... Ron should go on his show

dmitchell
Let's not. Which is worse: Beck alienating us, or us alienating everybody else?

ronpaulyourmom
This is exclusion based on the perception of irrelevance, not slander. It's a whole different category; I suggest that you do not follow through on this.

davidhperry
11-30-2007, 01:25 AM
Let's contact Glen Becks advertisers once more, and let them know that Glen beck is severely alienating us still by not including Ron Paul in his online poll. If we make enough of a fuss, then maybe the whole affair will reach the mainstream media.

Glenn has the right to do whatever he wants with his online poll. Sorry.

Edward
11-30-2007, 01:29 AM
NO. Beck offered him to come on his show, give him time.Yep. Let us stay calm.

coffeewithchess
11-30-2007, 01:36 AM

Until Ron goes on his show, leave it alone. I called the campaign today and spoke with "Anthony" the assistant media guy...he didn't even know that about the video with Glenn Beck inviting Ron Paul on again! The HQ is running really slow and not very professional if what Glenn Beck said is true...boycott RP's HQ and call them and let them know to get Ron Paul on Glenn Beck ASAP.

FrankRep
11-30-2007, 01:43 AM
NO

He wants Ron Paul on his show. Lets play nice.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 01:45 AM
NO

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 01:55 AM
We should be calling Ron Paul! He's the one that is making a stupid mistake by not going on Glenn Beck.

Well, his campaign is I mean.

FrankRep
11-30-2007, 01:57 AM
We should be calling Ron Paul! He's the one that is making a stupid mistake by not going on Glenn Beck.

Well, his campaign is I mean.

Many of us have contacted the campaign. We're waiting back for a word.

Petar
11-30-2007, 02:13 AM
Alright, I guess that I just have a different view about this...for one, I do feel that excluding Ron Paul from the poll is way out of line, irregardless of whether Ron Paul will go on his show or not...also, I don't think for a second that Glenn Beck wants to do anything but trap Ron Paul in a situation that will have nothing to do with legitimate journalism, and have everything to do with political character assassination...I see Glen as nothing more than a neo-con operative...Glen wants nothing more than to be the bully pulpit who manages to destroy Ron for the neo-con team...I think that its likely that having Glen Beck begging publicly for Ron Paul to come on his show is much more useful publicity than the hatchet job that he's gonna do his absolute best to pull on Ron if he actually gos on...does anyone else agree with me?

Revolution9
11-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Alright, I guess that I just have a different view about this...for one, I do feel that excluding Ron Paul from the poll is way out of line, irregardless of whether Ron Paul will go on his show or not...also, I don't think for a second that Glenn Beck wants to do anything but trap Ron Paul in a situation that will have nothing to do with legitimate journalism, and have everything to do with political character assassination...I see Glen as nothing more than a neo-con operative...Glen wants nothing more than to be the bully pulpit who manages to destroy Ron for the neo-con team...I think that its likely that having Glen Beck begging publicly for Ron Paul to come on his show is much more useful publicity than the hatchet job that he's gonna do his absolute best to pull on Ron if he actually gos on...does anyone else agree with me?

I think you have it nailed. I think these other people are programmed. This clown is a pit viper and these folks are hypnotized by him..

Thankfully lots of other boards are not loaded with reprehensible apologists and people who fight for scraps thrown like chumbait,

Best
Randy

jake
11-30-2007, 02:35 AM
horrible idea.

dmitchell
11-30-2007, 02:52 AM
does anyone else agree with me?
I do not. As far as I can tell, Beck agrees with pretty much all of Ron Paul's domestic agenda. I don't think he agrees on the drug war, but he agrees on the economy, national soverignty, state rights, border policy, second amendment, abortion, north american union stuff, and so on. He calls Ron Paul the closest candidate to a Founding Father. There is a lot of common ground there, so it is not going to be a hit job*.We all know Beck disagrees with Paul's views on foreign policy, but so does a lot of the Republican party who we are trying to win over. Paul is very persuasive and is perfectly capable of defending his views. Paul should do his show.

*Besides, a hit job is when you misrepresent someone. Ron Paul would be right there, representing himself. I would say that it is impossible by definition for an interview to be a hit job.

pavilion33
11-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Ron can take on Glenn that I'm sure of. Didn't you see Ron Paul takes on Morton Downey, Jr lol
I think everyone should put there guns away for now:D

Petar
11-30-2007, 03:32 AM
I do not. As far as I can tell, Beck agrees with pretty much all of Ron Paul's domestic agenda. I don't think he agrees on the drug war, but he agrees on the economy, national soverignty, state rights, border policy, second amendment, abortion, north american union stuff, and so on. He calls Ron Paul the closest candidate to a Founding Father. There is a lot of common ground there, so it is not going to be a hit job*.We all know Beck disagrees with Paul's views on foreign policy, but so does a lot of the Republican party who we are trying to win over. Paul is very persuasive and is perfectly capable of defending his views. Paul should do his show.

*Besides, a hit job is when you misrepresent someone. Ron Paul would be right there, representing himself. I would say that it is impossible by definition for an interview to be a hit job.

Well, if Beck really believes in all of that stuff, then I guess that his psychotic urge to destroy Islam just trumps everything for him. The neocon movement is hell bent on neo-colonial war in the middle east right now, and Glen beck is nothing but a "public relations" arm of that. Incidentally, just last night I learned that the individual who coined that term was using it as a substitute for the word "propaganda" and I find that very fitting within this context. While Ron Paul is in fact a gifted communicator of Truth, I do believe that ability can still be terribly undermined by an utterly hostile "interviewer" who has absolutely no interest in reporting the reality of his message, but simply wishes to twist it into the worst light humanly possible. I think that it's great that Ron is ignoring him, and I think it's great that we punished Glen for insinuating that we had something to do with terrorism. I think that both of these things are pissing Glen off so bad that he is lashing out at us by not including Ron in his poll, and also by putting on this facade of friendliness towards Ron so that he can lure him into a setting where he will be able to exact his revenge. The point is that I think that Glen publicly begging for Ron to come on his show is wonderful publicity for us, and that we should not let Glen get away with not including Ron in his poll. We should tell his advertisers that we feel that Glen is lashing out at us by doing this, so that Glen gets even more pissed at us, and gives us even more free publicity by begging for Ron to come on his show even more.

yaz
11-30-2007, 03:45 AM
don't attack, pointless right now. wait and see if paul goes on the show

Shaun
11-30-2007, 03:58 AM
You young guys are funny.
Let me ask you a dumb question, after only 20 years in the media business, it's about the best I can come up with.

Our leader is Ron Paul, right?
Well, ask yourself my dumb question....
What would Ron Paul do if faced with the situation you are in? Would he "attack"
I think you know the answer, he wouldn't, he sets a great example to some of our clowns who have way too much youthful testosterone running around in their frontal cortex....
Check out how our leader handles attacks...
That's right....he remains POLITE and keeps the high ground, continues to use his superior intelligence and REFUSES to stoop to their level.
DO YOU GET IT?
Be polite, be agreeable (to everyone, MOST of all, our enemies..)
Greatness comes to those with equanimity and conviction. Aggression and hubris are exactly what Ron Paul wants to eliminate.
Those are the qualities of the Neo Cons that are a primary motivation point for our entire group.
Time to start playing a game guys...
Get agreeable. Watch the Dr, he's the best PR guy in the entire race. Nobody rattles him. Always polite. Perfect example to the entire world of America at it's best.
Let's start following and learning, huh?
By the way, the post I have just made applies to me probably more than anyone reading it..
Thanks,
Shaun.

Shaun
11-30-2007, 04:00 AM
Oh, yeah, by the way...
**C* YOU FRANK....and you Sean...
(Sorry Ron...)