View Full Version : Kentucky Police Set Up ‘Eating While Driving’ Checkpoints

donnay
02-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Kentucky Police Set Up ‘Eating While Driving’ Checkpoints

Operation RAID to target “distracted drivers”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 6, 2014

Instead of searching for actual criminals, Kentucky State Police will be on the lookout for people who eat while they drive as part of Operation RAID, which will include checkpoints targeting “distracted drivers,” despite the fact that eating while driving is not banned in Kentucky.

Continued... (http://www.infowars.com/kentucky-police-set-up-eating-while-driving-checkpoints/)

Origanalist
02-07-2014, 08:53 AM
We are going to be out looking for those people.

So while cops across the country are out harassing, intimidating, beating and shooting people, we should really be concerned with a guy eating a hamburger. Never mind they have a computer screen right in front of them the whole time they are driving, plus keeping radio contact.

This is the theatre of the absurd.

JK/SEA
02-07-2014, 09:19 AM
be careful now. This thread could ruin Rands chances at becoming President.

LibertyEagle
02-07-2014, 09:27 AM
be careful now. This thread could ruin Rands chances at becoming President.

Why would it?

Red Green
02-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I hate the way they're just eating around the edges. Can't we just get to the endgame and have a "driving while not a pig or a politician" checkpoint? That way the pigs can just gin up a reason to arrest the mundanes, seize their cars and put them in private prisons. It's a win-win-win-loose. Perfect for the privileged class.

JK/SEA
02-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Why would it?

the Police State is not popular with the Liberty Movement, unless of course Rand supports these tactics...does he?

I'm surprised you even had to ask...

UtahApocalypse
02-07-2014, 09:40 AM
If I was stopped for this being its not a crime its false arrest and detention. i would sue the police department.

phill4paul
02-07-2014, 09:52 AM
http://files.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_76/765905/file/raid-insecticide-bug-ger-off-small-38722.jpg

Occam's Banana
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Instead of searching for actual criminals, [...]

Criminals? Crimes? Pssshhhht!

Revenue collectors gonna collect revenues ...

phill4paul
02-07-2014, 09:56 AM
DENVER — On-duty police officers blowing through red lights, driving too fast and smashing into innocent bystanders. An exclusive FOX31 Denver investigation uncovered a widespread pattern of traffic accidents caused by distracted on-duty officers.

We only counted incidents where police officers were “at fault” and were disciplined in the past three years. We found:
– Denver police documented at least 308 of those cases.
– Adams County deputies dented and smashed their way to 53.
– Aurora police racked up about 80 preventable accidents.
– Colorado State Troopers damaged their cars or injured a citizen 219 times.

For example, we found a crash caused by a trooper being distracted by a drink that spilled.

http://kdvr.com/2014/02/03/distracted-police-officers-cause-hundreds-of-crashes-in-metro-denver/

An NBC 5 investigation has found many Texas police departments don't follow their own advice when it comes to warnings about distracted driving. Crashes involving distractions inside police vehicles now frequently happen across the state.

The list of distractions continues to grow. In many cities, they're often found operating two-way radios, smartphones, dashboard-mounted computers and on-board cameras while they drive.

A search of state accident reports reveals at least 70 crashes in just 24 months where some kind of distraction inside an emergency vehicle contributed to the wreck -- an average of almost three crashes per month. Those are just the crashes that involved enough property damage or injury that they had to be reported to the state.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/series/driven-to-distraction/Distractions-Lead-to-Frequent-Police-Crashes-in-Texas-164342516.html

ZENemy
02-07-2014, 10:51 AM
lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxgcVinICU

oyarde
02-07-2014, 10:52 AM
I would not pay a ticket for that, I would tell them too .Then drive on through.WTF .

aGameOfThrones
02-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Police officer: we got a

Code: BK(Burger King)

Code: M(McDonald)

Code: W(Wendy's)

Code: TB(Taco Bell)

Code: PL(Pollo Loco)

So they're actually going down the list of things you can't do while in your car. What's next? Talking with passengers? Looking at billboards? Looking at signs for directions? Singing? Everyone should mime eating something.

oyarde
02-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Police officer: we got a

Code: BK(Burger King)

Code: M(McDonald)

Code: W(Wendy's)

Code: TB(Taco Bell)

Code: PL(Pollo Loco)

So they're actually going down the list of things you can't do while in your car. What's next? Talking with passengers? Looking at billboards? Looking at signs for directions? Singing? Everyone should mime eating something.
Yes , Pollo Loco , LOL

Brian4Liberty
02-07-2014, 12:19 PM
This is the inevitable result of local government with too much money, personnel and budget. And these same Police Departments refuse to investigate real crimes like robbery, muggings, etc. "We don't have enough time to look into every burglary, but we have plenty of time for burgers and to play with the latest military gear."

jkr
02-07-2014, 12:25 PM
BANANA
REPUBLIC

oyarde
02-07-2014, 12:29 PM
BANANA
REPUBLIC

Those actually have a desirable item to export.....

oyarde
02-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I guess we could export some gubmit.

tod evans
02-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Ky. kops need moar food....

Occam's Banana
02-07-2014, 12:38 PM
I guess we could export some gubmit.

We already do. The Middle East is our biggest market.

And Ukraine is shaping up to be our next customer ...

Matt Collins
02-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Infowars is not a reliable or credible source of news... can we please stop linking to it?

Is there a more reliable link available on this story?

Origanalist
02-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Infowars is not a reliable or credible source of news... can we please stop linking to it?

Oh please....

There are multiple links at the story, and just who would you call "credible"?

JK/SEA
02-07-2014, 12:47 PM

i wonder...who has woke more people up, you or Alex?

otherone
02-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Do I smell FRIES, boy?

http://www.mrconservative.com/files/2013/12/2013.12.12-mrconservative-52a9070c1d87e.jpg

otherone
02-07-2014, 12:53 PM
He just confiscated my Taco Bell!

http://umadtho.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fat-cop.jpg

KCIndy
02-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Remember how "Global Warming" was converted to "Climate Change" in order to take advantage of *ANY* change in the climate?

Well....

I've noticed the same thing creeping up on us in terms of driving.

Most states across the country now have laws against "Distracted Driving." It's nothing specific. There may may not be a law per se against eating a burger or sipping on a bottle of water or blowing your nose while driving. But you can - and probably will - get arrested anyway. Because the LAW says "Distracted Driving." Of course, this could be anything. In theory, the cop could claim he saw you sneeze hard and take your eyes off the road for half a second.

So unfortunately, if you tell these clowns to go screw themselves and then proceed to drive away, they'll claim they have the legal right to chase you down and arrest you, probably after a good beating.

They'll do this because you broke the vague, incredibly nebulous law of "Distracted Driving." And that law, unfortunately, IS on the books in almost every state. :(

This is basically the vehicular equivalent of "Disorderly Conduct." It will be used as a catch-all when no real law has been broken. :mad::mad:

otherone
02-07-2014, 01:11 PM
...so smelling food is probable cause for a search?

Anti Federalist
02-07-2014, 03:35 PM

Perhaps...

I'll consider it when you stop posting nothing but a link to start a thread.

Anti Federalist
02-07-2014, 03:38 PM
None of these checkpoints will be needed once V2V and self driving people pods come online in the next few years.

All in cabin violations will be noted via remote monitors and in cabin video and audio surveillance and the prescribed number of credits will be seized from your account.

tod evans
02-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Perhaps...

I'll consider it when you stop posting nothing but a link to start a thread.

Bears repeating!

Dr.3D
02-07-2014, 03:45 PM
...so smelling food is probable cause for a search?
Well, one thing leads to another. They already know what causes the munchies.

It's a gateway violation.

Edit:

The drug dog alerts on the hamburger and they search the car for drugs.

Anti Federalist
02-07-2014, 03:47 PM

Here ya go...

Nothing says freedom like cops telling you they are gonna crackdown and be a "MAJOR FORCE".

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/Kentucky-State-Police-Begin-Operation-RAID-244092301.html

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) -- To increase driving safety, Kentucky State Police is starting a new “safe driving program”.

Operation R.A.I.D (Remove aggressive, Impaired. and Distracted Drivers from Kentucky Roadways) will remain active for one year.

Law enforcement will be more visible and the number of check points will increase.

This program will allow each post to identify target areas.

"Not only just texting, but any distracting drivers. This includes eating and drinking. We are going to be out looking for those people. You're going to see a major force when it comes time for St. Patrick's Day weekend and holiday weekends," said Trooper Biven, Kentucky State Police.

aGameOfThrones
02-07-2014, 03:57 PM
What if the checkpoint is the one causing my distraction?

Dr.3D
02-07-2014, 03:57 PM
What if the checkpoint is the one causing my distraction?
Rubberneckers will be pulled over and ticketed for being distracted.

Occam's Banana
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
None of these checkpoints will be needed once V2V and self driving people pods come online in the next few years.

All in cabin violations will be noted via remote monitors and in cabin video and audio surveillance and the prescribed number of credits will be seized from you account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI6-2x_R2VM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI6-2x_R2VM

catfeathers
02-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the warning. We're going to Lexington tomorrow. My son is driving so I'll keep an eye out for cops if we stop at a drive through.

otherone
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Well, one thing leads to another. They already know what causes the munchies.

It's a stepping stone violation.

Stepping stone? It's already a violation to be caught with a ham sandwich.....

"really officer...I have no idea how that half eaten can of Pringles got behind my seat..."

Dr.3D
02-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Stepping stone? It's already a violation to be caught with a ham sandwich.....

"really officer...I have no idea how that half eaten can of Pringles got behind my seat..."
Yeah, I should have said, it's a gateway violation.

otherone
02-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I should have said, it's a gateway violation.

We'll start seeing cops lurking at drive-thru exits....
You'd think the fast-food lobby could put the kibosh on this nonsense.

Pericles
02-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Those actually have a desirable item to export.....

Yes, we have no bananas.

LibForestPaul
02-07-2014, 06:41 PM
They'll do this because you broke the vague, incredibly nebulous law of "Distracted Driving." And that law, unfortunately, IS on the books in almost every state.
This is basically the vehicular equivalent of "Disorderly Conduct." It will be used as a catch-all when no real law has been broken. :mad::mad:

good. more mundanes get beat tazed and killed, fuck em. Kentuckians apparently want this BS. Just feel for the 3%'rs who will get caught in this net as well.

FindLiberty
02-07-2014, 07:49 PM
... and after informing the driver of the need to comply with the new roadside sample law, the contents of the drivers stomach were extracted and it was determined that both food and drink had been ingested just prior (within minutes) of getting pulled over. Vaginal inspection field results were all negative, but the anal probing done in the street was inconclusive, so the driver had to be transported to a nearby medical facility equipped with a proctoscope in order to identify the small hard objects encountered by the officer's gloved hand...

DamianTV
02-07-2014, 08:03 PM
If I was stopped for this being its not a crime its false arrest and detention. i would sue the police department.

Good luck with that. The system is rigged so even if you win, you still lose. Even if you win the case, you'll end up being the one that pays for your own Settlement.

Suing isnt the Solution. Getting the cops to refuse to follow these insane orders is. Extremely unlikely as that solution may be.

Carson
02-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Years ago I mulled the eating while driving thing over.

It was back when chatting on your phone was starting to get popular.

Well the phone thing kind of cheesed me. The whole roadway would be driving one speed and there was often someone lost to where they where, talking on a phone.

Well when they started in with the bannage talk sometimes someone would mention, "Well what about hamburgers"?

I figured then if your eating a hamburger, that was fine.

If you talking to your hamburger that was also okay.

Only when the hamburgers start talking back is where I figured I'd draw the line.

DamianTV
02-07-2014, 08:09 PM
BANANA
REPUBLIC

<<<<< See: Location.

Edward777
02-08-2014, 05:01 AM
Welcome to the growing police state! Paul Craig Roberts is right to warn people of where this is going: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7lgXc2coAs&feature=youtube_gdata

DamianTV
02-08-2014, 05:03 AM
So whats next? Smoking and Driving?

phill4paul
02-08-2014, 07:10 AM
So whats next? Smoking and Driving?

United States[edit]
A smoking ban in cars with children already exists in Arkansas, California, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Utah and Oregon (Oregon enacted June 1 2013). (age of child varies)
Hawaii, Indiana, New Jersey and New York have cities or counties that ban it but not the whole state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_bans_in_private_vehicles#United_States

Anti Federalist
02-08-2014, 11:27 AM
From the comments at the article:

guest > Ed Maier
• a day ago

Do we get to turn in any KSP officers we happen to see distracted driving, as well? Don't forget our local KSP hired the VERY TROOPER named in this article, Jonathan Biven, as their figurehead for all these distracted driving campaigns, after he CAUSED 3 accidents himself, doing this exact thing--and the third-time, this repeat offender actually killed a woman named Nurcan Ceylan while he was among his KSP buds, in his state-owned KSP vehicle, in Sept. 2011.

Biven remains at his job, apparently now progressively campaigning, now against people eating? I did this just yesterday morning, wolfing down a ham biscuit in the car, oblivious to all this recent BS, and, as I recall, I was finishing it off right in front of the local consignment store where a local bailiff murdered an ex-constable a year or so ago.
Wow, glad my ham-sammie 'slipped through the cracks', as it were--I promise, KSP--I'll be good--I'll never eat on the road again, even if my head is swimming from a long drive, and my sugar levels might be getting low enough to be problematic on the road.

Talk about your hypocrites...these guys have become dangerous.

Here's a story for you, WBKO...run a 'follow-up' on all the people who live and visit here, after reading your article yesterday on all our 'lovely local restaurants'...yet they make one single slip-up, are pulled over for wanting a slice of pizza before it gets cold in single-digit weather, and one of our local 'finest' from any dept. pulls them over, decides things are taking a negative turn, and becomes a new inductee into the 'suicide-by-cop' club.

Fun-fact, BGPD's Ronnie Ward actually pulled me over and ticketed me $220 +3 pts off my own license, years back when he was a street cop...I had 'rolled through' a Nutwood intersection at less than 3 MPH, following a steady stream of everyone else who was doing the same, one sunny day...Domino's I think it was, and that pizza was 'so enticing'...I was nice, but Ward didn't resist the opportunity to drive home the irony by telling me "funny, it's ironic, if you had pulled through just a couple of seconds ago, I wasn't even pulled into my 'spot' yet".

For all the 'good' they obviously do, and all the danger they obviously deserve overtime hazard pay for, some of our local 'authorities' are the most addled, blinded newts you'll ever meet...oh, except they're 'newts' carrying 45s and attitudes to boot, and none of them can resist a healthy 'dig' at you every time you meet one, sometimes if you're just in a good mood and saying 'hi' anywhere, anytime.

Czolgosz
02-08-2014, 11:40 AM
I wish they'd ramp up the frequency and quantity of beatings and stops.

JK/SEA
02-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I wish they'd ramp up the frequency and quantity of beatings and stops.

it would make us safer.

oyarde
02-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Eating and drinking . Hmmm , guess I am a habitual offender , I travel with a cup of coffee just about anytime before 3:00 pm .

JK/SEA
02-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Eating and drinking . Hmmm , guess I am a habitual offender , I travel with a cup of coffee just about anytime before 3:00 pm .

not for much longer.

you will comply....and you will like it.

they always come around. they always do, and they will beg for more.

DamianTV
02-08-2014, 04:20 PM
United States[edit]
A smoking ban in cars with children already exists in Arkansas, California, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Utah and Oregon (Oregon enacted June 1 2013). (age of child varies)
Hawaii, Indiana, New Jersey and New York have cities or counties that ban it but not the whole state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_bans_in_private_vehicles#United_States

We really have gone Full Nazi Retard havent we? Im just waiting for the day when the car itself becomes a Tool for them to automatically monitor you for anything and everything. Mandatory Driver Cams in every new car. Now watch in the next couple of days that its actually proposed.

On this current bill, expect the cops to sit right next to the Fast Food Drive Thru window and cite that as "Probable Cause".

aGameOfThrones
02-08-2014, 04:33 PM
We really have gone Full Nazi Retard havent we? Im just waiting for the day when the car itself becomes a Tool for them to automatically monitor you for anything and everything. Mandatory Driver Cams in every new car. Now watch in the next couple of days that its actually proposed.

On this current bill, expect the cops to sit right next to the Fast Food Drive Thru window and cite that as "Probable Cause".

And have those demolition man citation machines inside every car, too.

oyarde
02-08-2014, 05:09 PM
not for much longer.

you will comply....and you will like it.

they always come around. they always do, and they will beg for more.

LOL , the old chief will not comply with coffee Nazis.

DamianTV
02-08-2014, 08:37 PM
"But but but we are just following orders to give you tickets for your protection!"

Anti Federalist
02-08-2014, 08:42 PM

If the vehicle is OnStar or Sync equipped, it can already do that.

V2V will be all cars.