PDA

View Full Version : My debate experience, and message to the old guard.

rightcoast
11-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I was not able to get tickets. Even though I told them the greatest threat to America is Islamo-fascism. Even though I swore I voted for Bush in 04. Even though I "was really wondering if there will be any chance to shake Rudy's hand for helping our country get through the attack on our nation".

I'm almost glad though. Sure, I could have been one more person cheering for the nation to hear. I am selfish though I suppose. Yesterday was the most amazing day of my life. I have seen many things. I simply did not think I would ever live to see a theater packed with a thousand people that played the part of the delegation perfectly when "Patrick Henry" gave a speech. Whoever you are, I forget your name Mr. Henry, since you barely mentioned it after staying in character the whole time ... whoever you are, know you inspired many yesterday. I consider myself part of a very real revolution at this point, and you stirred even me on to greater action. Memorizing that speech and giving it in character is your calling. You need to do it everywhere you have a chance.

I never thought I would live to see the day the face of GOP supporters were absolutely crushed with dismay, from sun up to sundown. How could they not be crushed. Romney won the straw poll right? There is a catch. There were 14 Romney supporters at a Straw Poll in a park with 600 people in it. About 6 liked Rudy, and two liked Fred. That left them outnumbered 575 to 25 or so combined. Romney's campaign found out you could vote for as many times as you had tickets. His sons handed stacks of 80 tickets to the 14 supporters there, at $20.00 a ticket. It does not matter. Anyone in St. Pete knows what they witnessed yesterday. It was nothing less than history.

Even worse (from their perspective)? There were hundreds still who either could not or would not buy a ticket to vote in the straw poll. They stayed out in front of the theater and at the other park and waved signs and gave out literally thousands of pieces of literature. It was an absolutely crushing defeat. They could not move 3 feet without being asked why they support big government conservatives, and being asked to just admit they support a big government conservative. The word went out to thank every other supporter there for coming out to Ron Paul's straw poll, and visiting with the new face of the GOP. Each of the 25 probably heard that no less than 40 times each.

After the debate, but before Paul came to the Palladium Theater, more than half of the 1000 people lined the road leaving the debate. The establishment that were leaving were literally astounded by what they had to drive through. The cadence was led by those of us that knew how. As anyone who knows what a proper cadence chant can be like, and how quickly even the uninitiated pick it up (everyone seen movies right?) ... it was shattering to the people driving by, and of the area. One was particularly mad up on the 14 floor, but whatever. < Had to be there. :p

One thing I can promise, the next poll in Florida ... not one call is made to the Tampa / St. Pete area. The numbers would not be to their liking. Not anymore. I lost count of how many people said they didn't care about this debate stuff, but liked seeing how many like that Ron Paul. They weren't "part of" what many already know. That the support is very, very real.

You are going to hear Huckabee is gaining momentum. You are going to hear how great Romney did. Do not believe it. While they may go on saying these things, you can see it on the faces of these strict party types. They are no longer confident this is going to go away.

Ron Paul also said he was leading a revolution for the first time last night by the way. My heart soared. Then, minutes later I watched Patrick Henry give his speech, and then the Doctor give perhaps the greatest speech he has given to date.

I speak to you old guard of the GOP. I know you wonder why with every attack, the revolution grows. I know you are baffled at why with every dismissal, more money pours in, and more people show up. I know you wonder why as you try to tell the people the candidate they are choosing is irrelevant, the cries of "Don't Tread on Me!" grow louder still.

Dinosaurs, you are, and shall be remembered as when I tell the youth of tomorrow how this started. The people of this great nation are asleep no longer. You will listen to us, and more yet, will obey. For we are your master, not you ours.

The words of last night shall inspire me forever more. For indeed, Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us.

For indeed, If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston, on December 16th 2007! The war is inevitable -- and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come!

For indeed, It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, "Quiet! Quiet!" -- but there is no silencing us. The revolution is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding calls to freedom! For unlike the man who first spoke the most of these words I repeat, we have this election. We have this chance his brethren died for and shall seize upon it. Our brethren are already in the fields of New Hampshire! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

john_anderson_ii
11-30-2007, 01:16 AM
For indeed, It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, "Quiet! Quiet!" -- but there is no silencing us. The revolution is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding calls to freedom! For unlike the man who first spoke the most of these words I repeat, we have this election. We have this chance his brethren died for and shall seize upon it. Our brethren are already in the fields of New Hampshire! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Great Speech. Amen.

Maria
11-30-2007, 01:19 AM
I was not able to get tickets. Even though I told them the greatest threat to America is Islamo-fascism. Even though I swore I voted for Bush in 04. Even though I "was really wondering if there will be any chance to shake Rudy's hand for helping our country get through the attack on our nation".

I'm almost glad though. Sure, I could have been one more person cheering for the nation to hear. I am selfish though I suppose. Yesterday was the most amazing day of my life. I have seen many things. I simply did not think I would ever live to see a theater packed with a thousand people that played the part of the delegation perfectly when "Patrick Henry" gave a speech. Whoever you are, I forget your name Mr. Henry, since you barely mentioned it after staying in character the whole time ... whoever you are, know you inspired many yesterday. I consider myself part of a very real revolution at this point, and you stirred even me on to greater action. Memorizing that speech and giving it in character is your calling. You need to do it everywhere you have a chance.

I never thought I would live to see the day the face of GOP supporters were absolutely crushed with dismay, from sun up to sundown. How could they not be crushed. Romney won the straw poll right? There is a catch. There were 14 Romney supporters at a Straw Poll in a park with 600 people in it. About 6 liked Rudy, and two liked Fred. That left them outnumbered 575 to 25 or so combined. Romney's campaign found out you could vote for as many times as you had tickets. His sons handed stacks of 80 tickets to the 14 supporters there, at $20.00 a ticket. It does not matter. Anyone in St. Pete knows what they witnessed yesterday. It was nothing less than history.

Even worse (from their perspective)? There were hundreds still who either could not or would not buy a ticket to vote in the straw poll. They stayed out in front of the theater and at the other park and waved signs and gave out literally thousands of pieces of literature. It was an absolutely crushing defeat. They could not move 3 feet without being asked why they support big government conservatives, and being asked to just admit they support a big government conservative. The word went out to thank every other supporter there for coming out to Ron Paul's straw poll, and visiting with the new face of the GOP. Each of the 25 probably heard that no less than 40 times each.

After the debate, but before Paul came to the Palladium Theater, more than half of the 1000 people lined the road leaving the debate. The establishment that were leaving were literally astounded by what they had to drive through. The cadence was led by those of us that knew how. As anyone who knows what a proper cadence chant can be like, and how quickly even the uninitiated pick it up (everyone seen movies right?) ... it was shattering to the people driving by, and of the area. One was particularly mad up on the 14 floor, but whatever. < Had to be there. :p

One thing I can promise, the next poll in Florida ... not one call is made to the Tampa / St. Pete area. The numbers would not be to their liking. Not anymore. I lost count of how many people said they didn't care about this debate stuff, but liked seeing how many like that Ron Paul. They weren't "part of" what many already know. That the support is very, very real.

You are going to hear Huckabee is gaining momentum. You are going to hear how great Romney did. Do not believe it. While they may go on saying these things, you can see it on the faces of these strict party types. They are no longer confident this is going to go away.

Ron Paul also said he was leading a revolution for the first time last night by the way. My heart soared. Then, minutes later I watched Patrick Henry give his speech, and then the Doctor give perhaps the greatest speech he has given to date.

I speak to you old guard of the GOP. I know you wonder why with every attack, the revolution grows. I know you are baffled at why with every dismissal, more money pours in, and more people show up. I know you wonder why as you try to tell the people the candidate they are choosing is irrelevant, the cries of "Don't Tread on Me!" grow louder still.

Dinosaurs, you are, and shall be remembered as when I tell the youth of tomorrow how this started. The people of this great nation are asleep no longer. You will listen to us, and more yet, will obey. For we are your master, not you ours.

The words of last night shall inspire me forever more. For indeed, Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us.

For indeed, If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston, on December 16th 2007! The war is inevitable -- and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come!

It was quite an evening wasn't it... those who weren't there are getting the terrible picture the media is portraying. But we know better. And thankfully through this forum we can let everyone know what REALLY happened. We made history last night... hearing Ron Paul declare this a revolution for the first time really moved me too. But we must not be fooled, the propaganda machine will do anything to make us appear weak and them strong.

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the first-hand perspective on the rEVOLution.

ckhagen
11-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Great post!
Do you mind if I fwd/repost it (with credit) to my friends?

It's very true that, if you were there... you really saw the amazing, overwhelming amount of support in comparison to what we're seeing in the MSM. We are WAY bigger than we think we are. Still not big enough by any means, but don't ever let the MSM convince you that we're "fringe" or that Dr. Paul can't win because I was there and I can tell you that this is far, far larger than what they'll have you believe!!! We're growing exponentially. I wish EVERYONE could have been there to witness first hand the pride in all of our faces. There was no question in our minds whether or not we can win this.

Oyate
11-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Very well done ! Tell us more about their faces, the crushing defeat and their "walk of shame"!

I could listen to that 1000 times.

randolphus maximus
11-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Great writeup! Any video of Patrick Henry's speech?

rightcoast
11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey CK, you can post it where you want. I don't care about credit. If someone likes it, or it helps anyone out with a voter or to do that one extra thing, I'm all for that! :)

Bossobass
11-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Nothing beats a first hand report in my book.

Thanks for being there to represent and I certainly appreciated your excellent account.

Bosso

PatriotG
11-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Beautifully written!
Welcome to the forums!

PatriotG