PDA

View Full Version : Brick To Eliminate Red Light Cameras

jim49er
02-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Making good on a campaign promise, Brick Mayor John Ducey announced Thursday that the township's red light enforcement cameras will be turned off Feb. 18 and dismantled in the days to follow, making the township the first municipality in New Jersey to eliminate its camera program.

The township's five-year contract with American Traffic Solutions ends Feb. 17 and Ducey said he chose not to renew the contract after speaking with residents during his campaign for mayor.

"It didn't matter whether or not they got tickets or didn't get tickets," said Ducey. "Either way, they weren't happy that we had red light cameras in town."

The cameras generate $85 tickets for those who run red lights or do not sufficiently stop before making right turns on red.

Ducey made the announcement alongside state Assemblyman Declan O'Scanlon (R-Monmouth), a fierce opponent of the state's red light camera pilot program, which expires next year. Both elected officials said evidence from Brick showed the cameras were more about generating revenue than promoting roadway safety.

http://brick.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/brick-to-eliminate-red-light-cameras-this-month

Keep calling your reps people you can make a change like we did in Brick.

eduardo89
02-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I thought this was about a different brick.

jim49er
02-06-2014, 07:28 PM

That works as well. lol

Teenager For Ron Paul
02-06-2014, 07:29 PM
So did I.

Anti Federalist
02-06-2014, 07:31 PM
LOL - my old home town...only place in NJ I could stand.

jim49er
02-06-2014, 07:34 PM

We fought hard to get rid of them here.

aGameOfThrones
02-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Is it wrong that I thought brick + thrown at cameras=eliminate?

http://i.imgur.com/GVfZ29z.gif

VIDEODROME
02-06-2014, 07:54 PM
I wanted to believe they voted for Father Jack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZU6UMDfgY

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Lots of stories in www.thenewspaper.com about destruction of these cameras worldwide. Local governmenst probably stick in the expense on their issued tickets, but I'd have to think the red light camera companies take some kind of hit. Fuck an A for that shit. Way to destroy. These people are the real heroes.

DamianTV
02-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Every single one of these cameras needs to be destroyed.

jim49er
02-06-2014, 10:31 PM
This is first shot heard around NJ and not the last I hope.

osan
02-06-2014, 10:56 PM

And it's still a shit hole.

jim49er
02-06-2014, 11:08 PM
And it's still a shit hole.

Why would you say that?

jim49er
02-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Bump

Sorry but I'm happy as hell.

Who will be next in NJ and how can I help?

Nirvikalpa
02-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Now to eliminate them in the entire state. Can't tell you how many accidents I've responded to because of the damn things, when I was riding in the ambulance. Rt1 is the worst.

KCIndy
02-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Now to eliminate them in the entire state. Can't tell you how many accidents I've responded to because of the damn things, when I was riding in the ambulance. Rt1 is the worst.

Let me guess: A lot of rear-end collisions caused when the driver realizes - at the last split second - that he can't make it through the intersection without being photographed and SLAMS on his brakes.... and gets hit by the car behind him.

osan
02-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Why would you say that?

Because it is NJ. Hello?

I lived there plenty long enough. Graduated high school in Freehold Township, and I watched first hand the transformation of NJ from a reasonably decent place to one of the worst places in the nation to live. You can't fart in NJ without risking someone being up your business. It is expensive. It is over-crowded. It is repressive.

But perhaps my expectations are just too high... I mean, wanting to live my life as I please without bringing harm to others. But that's not good enough. If I carry a gun, chances are about even I will be murdered by some twitchy, bed-wetting, compulsive masturbator with a badge. It is a bottomlessly stupid place to live, for my dollar. If you like it, that is certainly OK by me, but if you have not lived in other places (I've been a resident of 12 states) I can tell you that you are not in possession of the experience of what it is like to live in a far better place. The crappiest states such as FL, OH, CA, IL, MA, NY, NJ, MD, CT, and RI are literally different worlds when compared with the rest of the nation.