PDA

View Full Version : First Time Donators

NorCalQuest
11-30-2007, 12:58 AM
I have never in my life donated to a politician...and I never thought I would... until today....

For too long the greedy have led the blind. For too long have we lived in the dark. Ron Paul is our hope for light and liberty.

Together we can defeat the corupt Goliath Governmental Machine...We can topple thier mechanisms of political propaganda...We can bring Ma$$ Media to their knees...The power is with us and Ron Paul is our weapon.

We are the sons and daughters of liberty. WE must give everything we can today.

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Welcome to the forums.

katao
11-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Thanks for your sacrifice. I too wouldn't have dreamed of donating to another politician before Ron Paul!

Bodhi
11-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Welcom to the forums and the revolution!

I am also a first timer when it comes to donating to a politician. The funny thing is I don't feel like I am donating to a politician I feel like a am donating because a message that has now become a movement!

TechnoGuyRob
11-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Wonderful, thank you!

Will you and Bodhi be donating on December 16th?

angrydragon
11-30-2007, 01:13 AM
First time for a lot of us. =)

NorCalQuest
11-30-2007, 01:14 AM
I have commited myself to donate on the 16th for the boston teaparty and for the blimp...I just wish I were rich so I had more to give

Nate
11-30-2007, 01:16 AM
We are the sons and daughters of liberty. WE must give everything we can today.

Hell yeah! I hope the Sons of Liberty reference was intended.
"Vox Populi, Vox Dei"
"Liberty, Property and NO STAMPS"
Welcome to the new American Revolution!

Paulinista4TW
11-30-2007, 01:20 AM
I have been lurking here at the forums for a while now and I just registered to say that it's awesome to have you on board. I only heard about Ron's run in the last month and a half myself. I said "cool see what those Ron Paul people can do", my first donation was $25. Next time I heard about what was going on was the November fifth money bomb and I just had to get in with $50. Now including chipins and my $100 blimp pledge along with what I intend to give on the 16th I am INTO this and will be for about $7-800. Time will tell what the results will be but it's great nevertheless to be involved with such agroup of positive , forward thing people , as are here collected in the community supporting Ron Paul.

mattybear
11-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Ron Paul was my first Politician to ever donate to also, and this will be my first election to participate in (I'm 19).

Since Bush and his corrupt cabinet, I lost all hope in the U.S. government and was certain it would lead the world down the drain. I also wasn't paying much attention to the political candidates at all before November 5th, but on Nov. 4th I remembered it was Guy Fawkes day tomorrow and decided to learn more about the historic day. I went to google and did a search and some things about Ron Paul started coming up along with some Guy Fawkes Day information sites. So curiosity overtook me and I soon learned Ron Paul supporters were holding a mass donation day on November 5th. This was something never done before for a candidate so I instantly went off to learn more about Ron Paul. And I did hear about Ron Paul here and there on some other forums I visit, but I didn't know what he was about.

I couldn't ask for a better candidate to run for President. I agree with him on almost every single issue and point. The things that really made me want to give my support to Ron Paul was his stance and comprehensive knowledge on the Federal Reserve and the Income Tax, and his stance on the Iraq conflict and belief that it's not our job to run the world to force things down other nation's throats.

I donated $25 on Nov. 5th and $25 Today (Nov. 30) and I might make a second today or go higher on Dec. 16th. They're small but I'm doing what I can.

EDIT: Updated my Profile. I live in Florida now, formerly New York.

I also don't consider myself a Democrat or Republican. I make my views based on an individual human standpoint and look at issues that way, not from a party standpoint. If it weren't for Paul I'd be voting for Kucinich. I believe Ron Paul is THE man to best preserve the well-being of the U.S. and the well-being of the world.

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Every dollar (and donor) counts like you wouldn't believe. Thank you all for coming out of the shadows and registering and sharing with us. I have just one request: will you please list at least your state in your profile so that we can salivate even more over you if you live in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan, or South Carolina.

Michigan11
11-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Very nice to see you have all learned about Ron Paul and have decided to join the revolution. Welcome and thank you!

This is also my first time donating to a candidate.

CelestialRender
11-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Although today was not my first donation, RP is the only candidate I have ever donated to.

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 03:07 AM
Although today was not my first donation, RP is the only candidate I have ever donated to.

Same.

RonPaulVolunteer
11-30-2007, 03:10 AM
I wish I could BE a donator. I'm a New Zealander. But I do a lot of other stuff for Ron Paul. There's just so much work to do. But we can do it. We WILL do it.

Nate
11-30-2007, 03:24 AM

Same here. I've never even voted before. I always said I would vote, volunteer and donate when I found an honest politician. I thought I was safe because an honest politician is an oxymoron, especially here in Chicago.